Wanted: Heresy II K53-K Midrange Diaphragm (same as Forte, Chorus, Quartet, etc)

pdxwaker

Looking for a single phenolic K53-K midrange / squawker diaphragm (as original in the Heresy II).

Maybe someone has upgraded to the Heresy III Ti diaphragms and has their originals??  Let me know if you do!

Same driver is used in Heresy II, Cornwall II, Quartet, Forte, Forte II, Chorus, Chorus II, KLF Series.

John in Portland OR

Edited by pdxwaker
more detail

• pdxwaker changed the title to Wanted: Heresy II K53-K Diaphragm (same as Forte, Chorus, Quartet, etc)

Hi.  I have a single that measures resistance properly but hasn't been tested.  They were pulled from a Chorus II pair which had one bad tweeter and was replaced with Crites Ti.  I have both the bad and good one in the Crites packaging.  I could send you the pair (one bad, one good) for $15 shipped.

Simply Speakers also sells replacements.

This guy said he had one left, but that's old.  https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/191728-3-phenolic-tweeter-diaphragms-from-forte-i-and-academy-15-ea/

11 minutes ago, gsgleason said:

Hi.  I have a single that measures resistance properly but hasn't been tested.  They were pulled from a Chorus II pair which had one bad tweeter and was replaced with Crites Ti.  I have both the bad and good one in the Crites packaging.  I could send you the pair (one bad, one good) for $15 shipped.

Simply Speakers also sells replacements.

This guy said he had one left, but that's old.  https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/191728-3-phenolic-tweeter-diaphragms-from-forte-i-and-academy-15-ea/

Thinking he means for mid driver, not tweeter.

Thanks!

@pdxwaker

• pdxwaker changed the title to Wanted: Heresy II K53-K Midrange Diaphragm (same as Forte, Chorus, Quartet, etc)
1 hour ago, OO1 said:

there is no need to modify the HII crossover to add a bandpass filter  , the bandpass filter is separate from the H II crossover  

Yes, but I'm looking for a low-cost repair.  A single phenolic mid vs two Ti mids + two bandpass filters... quite a difference in the cost of repair.

7 hours ago, OO1 said:

there is no need to modify the HII crossover to add a bandpass filter  , the bandpass filter is separate from the H II crossover  

Not sure what are you talking about.

You can’t use the Ti diaphragms or use the Ti drivers without modifying the network. The parts go in between the autoformer and driver. Klipsch doesn’t sell the filter section separately.

Since it a non Klipsch mod, the Klipsch alternative is the Heresy III upgrade kit - which is really the correct way to do it. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Deang said:

Not sure what are you talking about.

You can’t use the Ti diaphragms or use the Ti drivers without modifying the network. The parts go in between the autoformer and driver. Klipsch doesn’t sell the filter section separately.

Since it a non Klipsch mod, the Klipsch alternative is the Heresy III upgrade kit - which is really the correct way to do it. 

Yeah, if I was going to spend $$ on Ti mids, I'd likely look at the full Heresy III upgrade.  But, I'd prefer to stay stock Heresy II and save some cash