SVS SB-16 with underground Jubilees

dtr20

On 1/18/2024 at 1:53 AM, dtr20 said:

I'm currently using a Parasound P6 preamp with a subwoofer output with built in crossover. I'm trying to change my setup to use my subwoofers settings to manage bass instead of my preamp. This will make demoing preamps without sub outs easier since we are thinking about upgrading. Jubilee bass bins go down to around 45hz. I currently have my SVS crossover set for 50hz with a slope of 6db. 

I'm really not certain what I'm doing. I've basically been taking measurements with REW and making changes. I've been trying to keep the frequency chart as flat as possible with trying to let the sub go as deep as possible before roll off. Any advice? 

you must be one of the only, if not the only one using a sealed sub in stead of a hornloaded. Have you also used a hornloaded? or is this your first try. very curious on how it sounds. i currently use two THTLP subs. 

1 hour ago, OilyBoy said:

you must be one of the only, if not the only one using a sealed sub in stead of a hornloaded. Have you also used a hornloaded? or is this your first try. very curious on how it sounds. i currently use two THTLP subs. 

I have not used a horn loaded sub. I've never experienced one. This SB16-Ultra fell in my lap for less than half price new and it's been working/sounding great. Like I said, I needed to change how it was wired and configured because of going to a new preamp. I either need lessons in xconsole or someone to help with the dsp on the SVS.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, OilyBoy said:

you must be one of the only,

Many used sealed or ported subs with their Klipsch horn loaded speakers. @dtr20 is not the lone ranger. Ideal ? Maybe not. Workable? Yes. Especially with the powerful DSP he has at his disposal. In sheer output the SVS sub will get over powered by the Jubes but at what level? Maybe dtr20 does not need that high a level.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dtr20 said:

I have not used a horn loaded sub. I've never experienced one. This SB16-Ultra fell in my lap for less than half price new and it's been working/sounding great. Like I said, I needed to change how it was wired and configured because of going to a new preamp. I either need lessons in xconsole or someone to help with the dsp on the SVS.

SVS' customer service is awesome.  You can call them up, explain your setup and they'll guide you exactly how to get the sub properly set up and how to use the DSP and any other functions it has.

• Like 1