WTB Chorus II, KD16 passive radiator

Audio Flynn

40 minutes ago, Audio Flynn said:

He was busy today.

I will give him another call tomorrow.

I'm not promising anything but he is one of the most knowledgeable people I know in the industry about speaker repair.  More so than the rabid cheerleader at this forum.  Take Dave with a grain of salt as he doesn't sugar coat anything.  lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not a single moderator has been empowered to reply to the topic.

Why buy a Forte IV if they will not support other passive radiator models.

I was planning selling the Chorus II in black and buying Forte IV new in cherry as a retirement achievement my wife would enjoy.

No guarantees Forte IV will be supportef.

5 hours ago, Audio Flynn said:

Why buy a Forte IV if they will not support other passive radiator models.

I see your point. I urge people to buy Klipsch,  but I might be doing the potential buyer a disservice.  A problem similar to yours is when someone wants to buy a K-400.  The rule of having to have a serial number to buy any replacement parts will only help the competition and bite Klipsch. Due to how customers have been treated, starting with Bob and continuing with Michael, that company has continues to grow. 
Without some changes, the lack of support, gutting the forum, and generally treating people as though everyone else is an idiot will be their legacy. 

• Like 1

Well finally got around to comparing these two passives and just now noticed they have different baskets, at least the ones I have. The forte II passive kd-15 has more and thicker steel and is noticeably heavier. Weight wise it is roughly 8oz heavier but the basket itself is likely the cause of that. 

20240127_104625re.jpg

19 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

Well finally got around to comparing these two passives and just now noticed they have different baskets 

Jesse ,  do both passives have the same diameter or is the KD-15-ST a tad larger , does the KD-15-ST fit in the Forte II

56 minutes ago, OO1 said:

Jesse ,  do both passives have the same diameter or is the KD-15-ST a tad larger , does the KD-15-ST fit in the Forte II

What I have pictured above are stock passives from the Chorus II and forte II, I have not pulled apart my forte IV's. I suppose I could lay the forte down and place these passives on top of the new passive to see any size differences? 

1 hour ago, OO1 said:

Ok so since I had not put reinstalled the kd-16 yet figured I'd see if the new passive would fit. It does not seem to be much bigger when stacked on the other passives maybe 1/8th of an inch if that? But it will not sit flush in the Chorus II some very minor shaving would have to be done. 

20240127_130543re.jpg

• Like 1