New to Klipsch

I currently have a pair of Golden Ear Triton 7 towers. Prior to them I had a pair of Magnepan MMGs. I currently live in a 1 bedroom apartment. My listening area has 2 French doors to a balcony. The Magnepans were too big for the space I have. The Golden Ears are close to the back wall. They sound good,but seem detached if that makes sense. 

I am considering replacing the Golden Ears with Heresy IV. I listen to a lot of different genres of music on vinyl and streaming.

In addition to the Golden Ears I have a SVS PB-3000 ported sub, a Heaven 11 Billie MK2 amp with a tube preamp Class D amp that's 215 watts,and a MoFi Studiodeck turntable with a Soundsmith Carmen MK2 cartridge. The other speakers I'm considering are Zu Audio DW6. I haven't heard either speaker. There's a store that sells the Klipsch that's a 45 minute drive from where I live. I bought the Magnepans and the Golden Ears without hearing them. Whatever speaker I buy will be the last speakers I buy. My budget for speakers maxs out at $3500. Any feedback/opinions are welcome. The speakers will be 6 ft from the couch where I listen.

Edited by lunasdad

Hello and welcome!  I’m not much help but I’ll at least bump your thread up. I ve never heard the golden ears or Magnapans. I do have an SVS SB3000 and Cornwall IVs. I know the sub you have will take great care of the bottom end with Heresey’s. You can find used Heresy IVs for around $2000 or even less if you look around. At that price you could buy and try and get your money back if they’re not for you. Personally I love the look of the Heresy IV. I think they’re timeless and I can vouch for the high quality veneer since it’s the same as my Cornwalls. I haven’t heard them though. This is a Klipsch forum but it’s not highly active. For more and quicker responses try posting on the Steve Hoffman forums. You’ll get several responses within an hour or two. 

3 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

If you shop smart you can find a used pair of Forte IVs in your price range. I would think they will be a better replacement for the Tritons.

My concern with the Fortes is they might be too big for.my space. I guess I'd have to get exact measurements of my space.

Edited by lunasdad
Add info

Here do you live? 

Listen to lots of speakers.  I like my H IVs and will recommend them.  You should find my comments after getting them on the Forums.  Of note, the music seems to come out of the face of the H IVs complete and as though it comes from a single point.  Be sure the listen to the Forte IVs, too. 

Before you buy you'll want to talk to Paducah Home Theater. 

5 hours ago, lunasdad said:

Nothing. They seem more budget friendly. They have a lot of  good reviews. Now I just gotta save up for them, and see how much I can get for my Triton 7s.

The Heresy’s are stupendous speakers, even the H II. I love mine and in fact they sound better than my forte in the smaller room because the forte has a bit too much bass with the acoustics of my smaller room.. My forte sounds nicer and breaths better in the larger room. In this demo, if you wear earbuds you can hear the bottom end of the Heresy II. The IV has more audible bass but you have to turn the volume up a bit to get the bass driver to move to a more audible level. 

7 hours ago, JohnA said:

Here do you live? 

Listen to lots of speakers.  I like my H IVs and will recommend them.  You should find my comments after getting them on the Forums.  Of note, the music seems to come out of the face of the H IVs complete and as though it comes from a single point.  Be sure the listen to the Forte IVs, too. 

Before you buy you'll want to talk to Paducah Home Theater. 

I live in San Diego. There is one dealer that carries Klipsch that was listed on the Klipsch website.They have the Heresy, Forte, and Cornwall. They list a bunch of other brands on their website but actually have no product for those brands. There is another dealer, but they don't carry Klipsch. Since I currently have towers and have had in the past, I'd like to try something different. I figure I can always buy the Heresy's and return them if I'm not happy 

4 hours ago, Idontknow said:

The Heresy’s are stupendous speakers, even the H II. I love mine and in fact they sound better than my forte in the smaller room because the forte has a bit too much bass with the acoustics of my smaller room.. My forte sounds nicer and breaths better in the larger room. In this demo, if you wear earbuds you can hear the bottom end of the Heresy II. The IV has more audible bass but you have to turn the volume up a bit to get the bass driver to move to a more audible level. 

I'm not worried about bass. My SVS Sounds ported sub offers plenty 

I just got an offer for my Tritons from Hi-Fi Heaven. They offered $466 for the used Heresy IVs which they have for $1050 each.

They offered $1400 if I buy new Heresy IVs that they have for $1599 each. I think that's a good deal. I looked at the price of new and used Forte III and IV and they're still out of budget. I don't play my music super loud(neighbors) and I'm not looking to be blown off my couch.

Edited by lunasdad

4 minutes ago, lunasdad said:

Do they take trade-ins? I don't see anything on their website that says they do.

I have no idea...but if you get a good deal on the Heresy IV could you not sell your current speakers for the trade in value or possibly more? It is worth a phone call I think. Curious you have never heard these or any other Klipsch Heritage speakers? You need to audition if not...some people do not like the "sound"...they don't like horns I guess.