KLIPSCH DOPE FROM HOPE PUBLICATIONS ???

AndyKubicki

Andy,

I got my Dope from Hope papers from a Forum member who was nice enough to make copies for me.

Thanks again William F. McDermott- I owe you one!

As Andy (HDBR) has been pointing out as of late regarding overamplification these papers are an interesting read and I highly recommend them to anyone even remotely interested in Klipsch.

Jeff

LOL. It never occured to me to sell this copyrighted material in the web! I have 2 original sets of the Dope From Hope publications. The first one was sent to me by the late Mrs. Belle Klipsch. And a later set sent to me in the mid 80's by Gary Gillum (engineer @Klipsch...don't know if he's still with them). They were not "bound" in a 3 ring binder, simply a plastic slip-on binder. I also have two copied sets.

The Audio Papers From Klipsch & Associates where in a plastic cover 3 ring binder & includes a lot of copyrighted material that Klipsch reproduced with permission. I have one complete set in original 3 ring binder.

Never thought of selling this stuff on ebay because of its copyrighted nature. Some of these publications reference copyrighted material & Klipsch received permission to reproduce these. The Dope From Hope puublications were, as far as I know, sent free, primarily intended for Klipsch dealers.

I suppose, as long as Klipsch promises not to prosecute me for copyright infringement, I could supply copies of these to you Klipsch fans here on the forum at far less cost than what they are selling for on ebay. I don't know that my sets Dope From Hope sets are fully complete. Both have mostly the same publications, but some are present in one set & not in the other, and vice versa.

I notice that ebay guy also has a copied set of Klipsch Audio Papers, also copyrighted material, but in this case the materials are from many organizations which still exist. I wonder if this guy knows that the fine for copyright infrinement can be as high as $50,000.

Well, I'd rather do as many of these at once as possible & at least be compensated for my expenses. And because lots of this material is in a page format...(four pages on two sides, folded) so its not as easy to "just copy" as you might think. Maybe a place like Kinko's has a way around this problem, I don't know. With my own equipment, its gonna be a one page at a time, collated process.

So far as I know...there's you Andy, Randy Bey & playntheblues..........lets see if we can round up a few more. It will probably take me a Saturday to run off 5 or 6 sets of the stuff I have. No fancy binders or glossy paper folks....just the copies on jive ol' copy paper.

You can email me from the forum.

OK. Here's the deal. I checked with Kinko's & they said they copy these "folded, book-type notebook" pages & collate them, that is, if the person I talked to understood me correctly. I figure there's about 250 pages of material, including a few other goodies I can throw-in. All the sets will be the same. No "custom" orders for only certain things. All B&W on regular copy paper.

1. "Audio Papers From Klipsch & Associates, Inc." This alone is about 160 pages.

2. "Dope From Hope" newsletter publications. Based on the Contents page, there are some newsletters that may have not been included with my sets. It starts with Vol. 1, No.4 & there are a few empty Vol. No's without any titles listed. I don't know if there ever was anything for those or if they just skipped No's for some reason. About 60 pages

3. Reprint from Audio magazine interview with Paul Klipsch

4. Reprint from Audio magazine "The Best of Audio Vol.IV" in depth testing & review of the Klipschorn by the late great Richard Heyser.

5. A few other assorted goodies such as architect & engineer specification sheets & a hand drawn plan by the man himself (PWK) of the listening room layout in his second home which he sent me regarding some correspondence with him.

My best estimate is that if I can get enough of you for at least 10 sets, it should cost around $10 each for the printing, plus the shipping & envelope or box. So probably around $15 give or take a few bucks.

I have a PayPal account that I guess you could probably pay me thru somehow. Check or money order is fine too. You pay me, check clears, I make copies & send them out.

Wow, I hope I'm not too late! YES, I would also love a copy of your Dope From Hope and other papers/interviews.

Is the total cost with shipping still at $15.00 ?

I can pay you via PayPal (I am verified); my new e-mail address is:

jt1stcav@tampabay.rr.com

jt1stcav@hotmail.com (PayPal verified address).

As soon as you can provide me the details to my e-mail address, I will transfer my funds to your PayPal account.

Thank you for providing this generous service to your fellow Klipsch Forum members!

Regards,

Jim Tidwell

I can see we have plenty of interest. I'll take all the stuff over Kinko's, today (Fri 2-0-03) or tomorrow & get a firm quote & better handle on shipping/mailing.

I'd like to give this a little time for everyone to respond so I don't have to do this 2 or 3 times. On the other hand, I'll have to put a time limit on it so this doesn't drag on.

Friday February 14 will be the last day to sign up for a copy.

By Saturday, February 15, I will email all of you who want a copy and request that you send payment to me with a self-addressed/self adhesive label that I can simply slap on the package.

I was quoted 4 cents per page for a min. 1500 pages over the phone from Kinko's. We're well over that now so unless they misunderstood me, at aprox. 250 pages=$10 plus the shipping box or envelope, plus shipping, $15 should cover it.

I'll post the actual cost on here tomorrow.