Seller's remorse

Cornwalled

Hello,

Oi, ever sell something that you wish you hadn't? I used to have a pair of Cornwalls (hence the name) but at the time I only had solid state amps and they sounded too harsh for me, so I sold them. Then, I met a guy who is good with tube amps. So, I started taking some lessons on how to repair them- recapping, etc. So now I have a Heathkit tube amp, but no Klipsch speakers to play with it! Just can't seem to get the combo right. I'm wondering if perhaps the tube amp would have saved the horns for me. I've heard you guys mention that horns really do much better with tubes.

Right now I'm using a pair of mini-monitors (Fried, like the Ls3/5a) They're a nice sounding speaker, but not very efficient (86-88 dB) so I don't have much volume with 14 watts per channel. Plus, I let the CW's go for $350, too little I fear. Eh, one day it'll work out...lol

Jon

Err, I feel your pain. But don't kick yourself around the corner too much.

You might be able to buy another pair of CW at a few hundred dollar's premium over which you sold them.

Please consider that you've invested several hundred dollar in parts, and much more in time, educating yourself in amp technology. That is time and money well spent. The buy back of the CW's is a relatively small part of the whole project - - - the whole project being one of relatively great personal satisfaction.

I'm old enough to realized I made some decisions which, long term, didn't have the optimum outcome. But one has to make such decisions based on limited data and an inability to predict the future.

Look at the bright side. This is terrific opportunity to buy some used K-Horns. You'll love them.

Gil

Cornwalled!!!!!

Glad to see you back.

This is Jim, the guy who bought your Cornwalls!!!

I have them in storage and the wife wants me to sell them because of their size and due to the fact that I was able to get a Belle for a center.

If you want them back let me know, if not I'll have to sell them on E-bay! (or maybe here on the BB)

BTW, no increase in cost...Still the $350.00 I paid for them.

(No charge for the dust removal!)

God is surely looking down upon you, Cornwalled! For you to recover your beloved Cornwalls from the very gentleman you sold them to, and at the very same price to boot! Miracles do happen, and you are very blessed indeed!

Lest ye be warned, thou shall not exchange ownership of one's Cornwalls for money or its equivalent to anyone...ever! 12.gif

Hi Jim!

Nice to hear from you! How've you been? Did you get to use the Cornwalls much? I guess with that Belle as a center you don't have a use for them. I recall you were orignally planning on using one of the Cornwalls as a center. What do you use for main speakers, I don't remember.

I'm definetely interested in the Cornwalls, (as you can tell from the topic). But I would need some time to make preparations. You're quite a ways away aren't you? Around 6 hours, is that right?

My mom has actually mentioned to me a few times that my room looked the best when I had the "Big Klipsch speakers" in it. Guess I kept it better then. Right now things are a little more cluttered because I've been working on refoaming a pair of Advents, and restoring a 1940 Zenith floor radio (real classic).

Send me a line, either by e-mail (markvi82@hotmail.com) or here on the forum. What I'm planning on doing is actually putting them in storage until I get my own apartment, which shouldn't be too long. Then I'll have more room, and things will be just right for them.

Take care, and hope to hear from you soon.

Jon

Hey Jon!

Your Cornwalls have been in climate controlled storage since I brought them back home. I hooked one of them up and a/b'd it to my ForteII. Quite a difference!!! I then put 'em in storage since we are in a small duplex until we get a home here.

I ran across quite a deal a couple of months ago and was able to pick up a beautiful pair of Walnut Khorns and a matching Walnut Belle. I was able to sell my KCBR K-horns to my brother in law and came out even on the deal.

The trip to your home took about 3.5 hours (going the speed limit) and fifteen minutes of that was driving around Stroudsburg lookin' the town over.

Anyway, if you want the Corns, they are yours for the asking, I can keep them in storage for you for a few more months!

Jim

304-262-6254

I also sold my Cornwalls (1982)in 1985 I bought them back and stupid me sold them again in 1990. I Bought a pair of Quartets in 1994, traded up to Fortes II in 1995. But as of Last week thanks to this auction on E-Bay {Item # 3005263099)

I now own a pair of Cornwalls again. I'll be meeting the seller on Sunday to pick them up. I can't wait to hook these up and hear them.

I thought the price was reasonable less than what I sold my previous pair for 13 years ago,and much less than the pair that just was auctioned on E-Bay for over $1300. My previous Cornwalls were black these are Oak Oil (wife factor)

so It's a win win for me

• 4 weeks later...

The speakers sound great!, however the cabinets are birck/black and have been around a bit. If Cornwalled doesn't want them, they are up for grabs. Just want everyone to know that the cabinets aren't lookers. If I can't sell them whole, then I'll probally take them apart and sell the pieces. As you can see by my equipment list, I've got the dream Heritage system of the K-B-K for the front and Hereseys for the rear, so I don't need the Cornwalls.

• 1 year later...

Well, I'm proud to say that, as of Sunday, I have once again reclaimed my Cornwalls. I got an apartment again, so I have space for them. After not having them for over a year and a half, it's great to have them back! And in a better room than before. I'll take some pictures and upload them when I can so you guys can see the setup.

If you can imagine it, it's a room perfect for K-horns actually. About 16-17 feet wide, and the front wall is uninterupted, with >4 feet uninterupted on each wall adjacent to the corners, with no moldings or baseboard, so a K-horn would fit right in. I basically positioned them as if they were K-horns, in the corner, angled out into a central Lay-Z-Boy armchair. The entertainment center with TV and gear is in the middle of course.

At this point, they are my only Klipsch posessions. However, I have a guitar amp selling on eBay that already surpassed what I thought it would go for, so the future looks bright for Heresys in the rear. Check my profile for info on the current setup.

I drove all the way to West Virginia (from NE Pennsylvania) to pick them up. Had a great time visiting Jim, got to see and hear Klipschorns for the first time! Had never seen them before. His Belle was beautiful as well.

Thanks Jim for the great time, and to all the members of the Klipsch board for advice and good times. I'll keep in touch with photos to follow. If any one's in the area and wants to check them out, shoot me an e-mail.

Thanks,

Jon

This is the kindest Forum thread I've ever heard. Jim, you are a SAINT among men. Let's all please give these two Klipsh lovers and gentlemen some room to make this happen. It's truly a love story and one of honor among music lovers.

yer right, does kind of bring a tear to one's eye. Lovely gesture Jim. Hope it all works out alright for everyone.

Michael

----------------

On 3/11/2003 12:09:26 AM IndyKlipschFan wrote:

OK, I hate to be the jerk...Cornwall I's for $350.00??

If he is NOT interested... Let me know.. The line starts here BB members..LOL.

What finish etc etc what did you like, not like about them too.

----------------

Hey, I thought you already had THREE pair of them? LOL. Stand aside for the Cornwall-challenged with NONE! 4.gif

EDIT - Seriously, this is the most AMAZING thread, filled with all kinds of amazing coincidences. I'm glad everything worked out perfect for all involved!

Oh, and I didn't notice the dates when I first responded. This thread is well over a year old. Maybe Indy didn't a Cornwall Home Theatre at the time. You're 'forgiven', Indy. LOL