New Klipsch Jubilee owner

21 hours ago, kippy said:

I don't think I have ever heard such clarity and presence in my life. I feel lucky.

Well you're right on the first count.  It's not luck, it's called being smart and stepping up your game.  That's one beautiful system and the youtube video just enhances all the reviews.  You did it the right way!  

I'll make the run to Cali from Ohio just let me know when your really sick of them.  Remember I was the first one to offer too.  The curmudgeons in here WILL try to sweet talk ya out of them.  I did buy a another lottery ticket today!  😂   Congrats and yea, I know they're not goin to the curb in my lifetime. 

Enjoy and welcome to the Forum.  If your spinning vinyl slide on over into the vinyl spinning thread.  It's where all the red-headed step brothers hang.  😂  BTW, those jelly fish you have hangin rock!  :) 

• Like 1

On 4/3/2024 at 8:17 PM, mikebse2a3 said:

I’m curious… is this a multiple purpose space or dedicated listening room where you will have more freedom to integrate the loudspeakers and use acoustical treatments as needed…?

Would love to see any pictures you care to share of the listening room.

miketn🙂

+1 room treatments

Posted (edited)
On 4/13/2024 at 9:22 AM, Khornukopia said:

Can you tell us about any audible differences?

I have an MHA-150 on the way to test for amp differences.

Last week, I tried swapping out pre-amplifiers and seeing differences in sound. My observations:

The McIntosh C8 tube pre-amp sound is lush, detailed, almost holographic with vocals and mid-range frequencies. It looks beautiful and I could hear deeper into the mix as compared to the Bozak CMA-10-2DL preamp mixer I have. I could hear it instantly upon switching it over. Sound source was switched from a turntable or a Sonos connect streaming uncompressed sound via the DA2 converter in the C8. Very impressive device. Mid-bass was not very tight but the lower frequencies had a deeper boom. Felt like something was a bit lacking there.

The Bozak CMA-10-2DL sound was detailed in comparison but not in the same league. It is a discrete unit and well understand to have quality analog components in it. However, where the Bozak does a terrific job was stitching everything together. Mid-bass was perfect and where there was low-end in a song, I could feel a punch as well as a boom when called for. It's as if all the frequencies were presented as a whole. Our hearing and interpretation is subjective but I enjoyed the Bozak experience more than the C8. 

I am keeping the Bozak and selling the C8. If the only thing I played was vocals, jazz and music that did not require really tight mid-bass, I would have kept the C8. It's magic but my taste vary wildly and the Bozak, while less detailed on the top, is greater than the sum of its frequency parts. 

This is an embarrassment of riches, so I feel lucky to even have the ability to play with any of this gear. It's all so well built and sounds lovely. I don't think one can go wrong picking any of it.

Edited by kippy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/8/2024 at 7:41 PM, Dave1291 said:

Well you're right on the first count.  It's not luck, it's called being smart and stepping up your game.  That's one beautiful system and the youtube video just enhances all the reviews.  You did it the right way!  

I'll make the run to Cali from Ohio just let me know when your really sick of them.  Remember I was the first one to offer too.  The curmudgeons in here WILL try to sweet talk ya out of them.  I did buy a another lottery ticket today!  😂   Congrats and yea, I know they're not goin to the curb in my lifetime. 

Enjoy and welcome to the Forum.  If your spinning vinyl slide on over into the vinyl spinning thread.  It's where all the red-headed step brothers hang.  😂  BTW, those jelly fish you have hangin rock!  :) 

Thanks kindly for the warm welcome! I'm looking forward to contributing to the team :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...