Daughter Was Deployed Today

Gregorius

Hey, Kelly, et.al.:

You gotta understand Ranger is a RANGER! But he was a paratrooper FIRST! It doesn't matter if he is "an officer and a gentleman" through an act of Congress, he is a paratrooper! Trust me, I know this! And part of the prerequisite to even successfully complete jump school, much less serve in an Airborne unit, is the fact one has to be "lewd, crude, abusive and socially unacceptable", first!! LOL! Right, Ranger? Yeah, I know...because I am, TOO! LOL! And as for Ranger being, in your opinion, Kelly, uninformed, I am quite sure he has MORE information on what is REALLY going on, and what Saddam does or does NOT have than you really WANT TO BE AWARE OF...Ranger also has a much better idea than many of you exactly what the circumstances of Saddam's weapons of mass destruction being employed will lead to. Few of you people, if ANY, REALLY know what happens when different things of this type are deployed, but I am also quite sure that NONE of you really wants to know either...because it is NOT what most of you are thinking!! Trust me on this! Just for the record, I hate war...but I also know what Saddam has...because he had it last time around, and has provided little to prove he doesn't still have it! And he has lots of places to hide it! And he will end up using it, or else why have it to begin with? Hell, he has ALREADY used it!!! More than once!! Even on his OWN CITIZENS!! Most of whom were women, old folks, and children!!!

Now he is successfully delaying the inevitable so that he can make sure that our boys end up having to do their job in extremely high Iraq spring thru summer heat, while in cumbersome body-heat retaining chemical protective clothing, that will cause OUR people to drop like flies from heat-related injuries, while he sits in Bahgdad laughing his arse off at how foolish the U.N. was in falling for his delaying tactics!! So wake up people!! Open your eyes and face reality! We ARE going in...no ifs ands or buts about it...now it's time to give our support to those who are in uniform, because the die has been cast, and there is no backing out now! It doesn't matter one damned bit if you are for or against this thing...it is HAPPENING!! We are THERE...and we AREN'T COMING BACK TIL IT IS OVER WITH!! It is better to go in NOW than in the summer heat...and that is what is gonna happen...the longer we wait, the more of our people are gonna die! This is a DONE DEAL!! LIKE IT OR NOT!! Get the hell off your soap boxes, because it is too damned late for that!! Instead stand behind our soldiers...time's a wasting!! The Army doesn't ask for an old fart like me, who is a few days shy of 50 years old and on blood pressure medication if this ain't gonna happen, dammit! Wake the hell up!!

----------------

On 2/27/2003 7:55:29 PM TBrennan wrote:

Well now I wonder if this "Ranger" fella really is an Army officer. He evidently doesn't have the discretion to be a good one. Of course when on the internet one can pretend to be anything, anything at all. One can even pretend to be a Domer.

----------------

HDBRbuilder,

Thanks for your comments and your support. I'm not even going to entertain TBrennan's comment.

Airborne

OK...all at the same time...in 4 part harmony...

PARTICIPANTS IN ANY GOVERNMENT ARE NOT PERFECT; THEY ARE ALL FALLIBLE.

The British pretty much carved up the Middle East to their plan. As an afterthought the Jews get thrown in to the mix because people thought they needed a homeland after the Holocoust. Good intentions, stupid move.

We should have given the Jews North Dakota or the Northwest Teritories. It would have made less of a mess. But they came from Jeruselum, they should fit in right?

More good intentions, turning into stupid moves.

-Marcos in the Phillipines; the county never went communist

-Shah in Iran

-Nelson Mandela; his post prison participation in South Africa was anything but nonviolent; Winnie was a little violent all by herself

-Hussien in Iraq; self explanatory

-Mussarf in Pakistan; he is a real sound guy you want to build your dream house next to. Military coup established him as dictator, has an A Bomb, freindly with the Taliban, hard on for India, and a large part of his country realizes the law of the whim of the local warlord.

He is a simmering problem. We will pay the piper for befreinding this guy eventually.

-Prince of Jordan; he seems like a real nice guy with Western tendencies, but he is one of those divine right dictators

I hope he is OK, he is likable. Wife is cute and somewhat cultured.

I have had my good intentions turn to crap, poor character judgements, and selected acquaintances that turned out to be quite disingenious in their actions.

But I never got a hum job from a female co-op student.

I am pretty boring.

Well, Ranger...

If you get anywhere around FT Sill Range Control in the next year...drop by and maybe we can have a cup of Java together! LOL! They tell me that is gonna be my new "home" for about a year...but who the hell knows? I could end up in MOPP4 "somewhere" toting a rucksack and an M-16 while "babysitting" a dozen kids in my squad and trying to keep their butts alive!!...or, more likely...a BN or higher-level field TOC in Operations or the S2 shop! I am now just a good ole SSG again...with a primary of 11B, and a secondary of 11C...and jump wings on my chest...so you know what THAT means!! LOL! I have alrady spent 6 years of my career jumping and humping, and another 7 or so humping WITHOUT jumping...nothing new for me!! Ya go wherever they need ya and send ya...LOL! Time will tell! LOL! I feel sorry for the big-time paper pusher who has to look through personnel record folders when/if they start needing warm replacements, and who ends up having to decide where the hell they can send me to do the most good! LOL! His azz is gonna be overwhelmed by the list of qualifications and such in mine...and have a helluva time making THAT decision!! LOL! Who knows?...I might get lucky and be bumped back up into the commissioned ranks again!! That would be a big surprise!! Way I see it...365 retirement points is better than just 70 in a year...and the more points I have, the bigger the retirement check at age 60 in ten more years!! LOL! If I survive to get any of it!! LOL!

Mdeneen...."As of last night Bush has given four distinct reasons to go to war,with number four being to build a new Isreal/Palestine solution." Come on now thats bogus and you know it. You can spin his comments on the Isreal/Palestine situation however you want, but to perceive them as a "distinct reason for war" is ridiculous. He simply stated that with Saddam's regime out of Iraq, the chance of peace vastly multiplies in the Middle East. Sort of a new Domino theory, and who knows he might actually be on to something. The only reason I brought up Vietnam was that most people thnk this was from day one an absolute ill-intended and therefore protested conflict. The major protests didn't really intensify until late 67 and 68 after 20 thousand or so of our soldiers were killed. I believe to this day the intentions of our Government were indeed noble, just miscalculated and narrow-minded. The U.S. military advisory group set up shop in Saigon in 1950, and the policies that were sculpted right then and there started that downward spiral. "We have become the West, the proponents of empire-carriers of what we had tradionally disdained-the white mans burden"-senator John F. Kennedy, 1951........This is what scares me.....

I just don't get the sense of urgency on this thing. He's had these weapons for a decade -- and NOW we wanna get him. GET HIM, GO...NOW, GO...HURRY...GET HIM NOW NOW NOW NOW. Yeesh. Some of you sound like rabid dogs.

So which is it? Are we going after him as part of the war on terrorism, or is it because of Resolution 1441? Does this mean we go after Israel next -- since they are currently in violation of quite a few themselves.

I guess bulldozing Palestinian homes and schools, and throwing people into refugee camps isn't "terrorism".

Consistency thou art a jewel.

• Like 1

Dean,

That was a low blow I can not even believe you said that !!

But just to make this absolutely clear my son is exactly why you late to the call ney sayers piss me off. Why none of this wimpy cry baby stuff a year and half ago !! Just as Andy said above THIS IS HAPPENING and everyone waiting till the last minute to protest and raise a cane is stupid and all it will do is cost AMERICAN lives by stalling what is going to happen anyway !! It is time to buck up and shut up !!

I spoke to my Son last night and we discussed all this protesting and what not and he said So what !! If they don't like it lump it !

This entire thread makes me sick !!!!!

Craig

I didn't mean it as a low blow, and I think you know that. I meant it in the sincerest way. You see, that's the way I look at this whole thing. Is it worth the ultimate sacrifice? I have a 17 year old son who could end up in this thing if it gets out of hand. I look at him and think -- would I give him up for this? HELL NO!

I'm the kind of person that if it's worth it, if it's a must do -- I'm first in line. If world peace could come by putting a bullet through me head -- I would pull the trigger myself.

To put this whole thing in it's proper perspective, we HAVE to personalize the issue. I'm sorry, but the ultimate sacrifice demands the ultimate argument -- and I just don't see it.

My dad goes out and gets drunk every November 23rd, comes home and cries himself to sleep. He's been doing this since 1967, when Uncle Pat was gunned down in the back pushing two wounded friends into a chopper.

I don't want to see anyone go through that for the wrong reasons.

Dean...get the wax out of your ears, man! Arguing time IS OVER! It does NOT matter if it is right or wrong in you people's opinions!! It does NOT matter if it is WORTH IT or NOT in cost of lives. IT IS HAPPENING! Nothing is gonna stop it!!! It does NOT matter what the monetary cost "will be", a good portion of that cost has ALREADY BEEN SPENT! WE ARE THERE ALREADY! AND NOW HDBRBUILDER IS ONE OF THEM WHO IS GONNA BE THERE!! GET IT?

It is NOW time to pick up a flag and wave it, and hope the guys already in uniform can get the job done so that your 17-year-old son isn't asked to help...and he can just sit in your house and listen to your stereo, instead! OK?

MDeneen...the questions and answers don't matter...it is happening! Sorry to burst your soapbox bubble like that...but facts are facts! LOL!

Just a little bit of FYI for you folks who have been ridiculously arguing over whether ole Saddam does or does NOT have any weapons of mass destruction...and maybe to give you a clue as to why France is dragging azz on a commitment:

Fall of 2001, France begins shipments of vast amounts of atropine dosages to Iraq. Now...just what does that mean? Well..atropine is the counteragent for VX, which is the most deadly nerve agent on earth. Even with a few dosages of atropine, the odds of survival for a person affected by an amount of VX the size of a straight-pin POINT (POINT, MIND YOU!!!) anywhere on just that person's skin, are pretty much slim at best!

Now...just why did Iraq order so damned much atropine? Well...there are two possible answers:

1. They anticipate being attacked with VX in the near future.

2. They already have VX, and intend to use it sometime in the near future, and don't want to lose anybody to any accidents brought about by its use.

Let's look at the 1st of these possibilities. Just who would use VX on Iraq, and why? Would we do it? Possibly, but we only "retaliate in kind" with weapons of mass destruction...so in order for us to use it on Iraq, Iraq first has to use it against us!! That means that Iraq has VX, and intends to use it!! Pretty simple!!

Now, let's look at possibility number 2: No...wait...that obviously shows they have VX doesn't it?

So...do they have weapons of mass destruction?

DUH!!! LOL! Why the hell do you think France is NOT wanting to go in there??? DUH!!! LOL!

Sometimes some of you people just amaze me!! LOL!

• Sad 1

He said it ergo IT'S THE FACTS!!!! Nuff said.

I have to agree with Mobile here. This went from the war on terrorism to the war on Iraq without missing a beat. Many will no doubt say it is the same. But there IS a difference between taking out non-nationals in caves to stomping down the middle of a major city to oust a regime and taking out a couple of ten thousand citizens in the process. All still without a coherent articulation of the urgency of this threat.

Look I support the troops to all get out, but the policy is crap. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE.

• Like 1

Call Mr. Blix! That sounds like a material breach.

HDBR I mean this with all due respect...call the U.N. cause it looks like you have it all figured out. I mean, if this were true (and I hven't kept up with international toxin shipments) you think that someone in the Bush administration would want to communicate it to the rest of the world. That might put an end to a great deal of global head scratching re: our rather sudden and aggressive actions.

Kev...that was reported worldwide on the news and backed-up by both the French government and our government over a year ago1 Old news, man! The Security Council members who are dragging their feet on this have other agendas...it is NOT whether Iraq has those weapons or not that is the real reason those countries are holding back...think about it! Would you want to commit YOUR troops to the possibility of being hit with VX in a U.N. attack on Iraq? Or would you rather sit back...let the good ole USA go in and get the brunt of it and THEN commit your troops to a UN invasion of Iraq after the VX has been deployed?? DUH, AGAIN!!! Remember...VX is the agent of choice worldwide because it is so deadly...AND because a few days after it is deployed, it has broken-down chemically so that you can run through the area naked if you want and not be affected!!! DUH, yet again!!

well...you folks just continue to stand on your soapboxes and spout-off...I have Army uniforms to iron!! See ya around! LOL!

Soon bullits may be flyin'and regardless of political views I hope we all keep in mind most soldiers would prefer to be with their family's.This thread started as a way to say we support men and women in uniform.I still have the views I came with, but don't feel right mixing soldiers and politics.Soldiers are not politicians, that's the one thing (I hope)we can all agree on. Thanks! to all past and present US armed forces and family's,from which our freedom comes.