TheEAR is an SVS salesman(sales clerk!)

James Pheele

----------------

On 2/17/2003 4:58:59 PM James Pheele wrote:

Has he swept you in yet? VP of marketing and BS? hwatkins is AVP of marketing and BS.

The fanboy loves his big SVS cylinders more than he loves himself! Gross!
3.gif

"SVS rules the world, all others bow down. No one else is worthy".

"TheEAR is our messiah. If you don't follow him you are a traitor".

----------------

WOW I'm joining this thread late, but I could'nt pass up the opportunity to reply. Mr Pheele, I've recieved GREAT advice from searching this forum, and the EAR(s)is very diligent on throwing in his no nonsense 2 cents. In fact, one of his posts off the Klipsch Subs VS SVS thread was dead on with Brian Weatherhead's, Secrets of Home Theater & High Fidelity, review. I listen more to music and lots of double bass, kick drum ect, am thrilled with the klipsch sound for movies, and will eventually upgrade to the rsw-12. I am going RSW, Somehow I don't think I will be getting "Slammed" by the EAR(s) for foiling his "Marketing strategy". My Messiah starts with a "J"

"When you get your RSW15 just pop in the Lord of the Rings DVD and play the cave scene full blast.She will know why YOU NEED a subwoofer.

Lord of the Rings has the most incredible sub bass energy of any movie to date,not just dumb ME TOO explosions.But a rich pallet of deep and furious sub bass that will SHAKE THE LIVING HELL out of anyone with the proper sub bass armada." ---A Post from theears

SVS is where??

3.gif

"SVS is where??"

In homes of people who never heard Aerial,Velodyne HGS18 and Revel B15's

LOL

Trust me with all the SVS talk I can clearly see you people never heard competent non SVS subs.Sad

I like SVS too but its not the only pick,there are many others.

----------------

On 7/29/2003 4:44:41 PM TheEAR wrote:

"SVS is where??"

LOL

Trust me with all the SVS talk I can clearly see you people never heard competent non SVS subs.Sad

----------------

I am with you ear. I just don't have enough money to buy the other great subs.

1. Starting Topic - "Has he swept you in yet? VP of marketing and BS? hwatkins is AVP of marketing and BS. The fanboy loves his big SVS cylinders more than he loves himself! Gross!

"SVS rules the world, all others bow down. No one else is worthy".

"TheEAR is our messiah. If you don't follow him you are a traitor".

2. "When you get your RSW15 just pop in the Lord of the Rings DVD and play the cave scene full blast.She will know why YOU NEED a subwoofer.

"Lord of the Rings has the most incredible sub bass energy of any movie to date,not just dumb ME TOO explosions.But a rich pallet of deep and furious sub bass that will SHAKE THE LIVING HELL out of anyone with the proper sub bass armada." ---A Post from theears (In defense of the statement that theears always pushes SVS)

--SVS is where?? (In the above statement)

3. "SVS is where??"

LOL

I like SVS too but its not the only pick,there are many others.---A Post from theears.

4. Try again theears!

12.gif

----------------

On 7/29/2003 4:44:41 PM TheEAR wrote:

"SVS is where??"

LOL

----------------

TheEar,

My problem is not hearing competent non SVS subs--Sad indeed. But let me ask this, if I am looking to drop 600-900 bucks for a sub, I thought the SVS was the best for that $$ range, saving the Velo's, Revel's, and others for the deeper pockets. Is that a correct statement? Thanks.

SVS are bettre at all price-value points because they are made and sold directly from the factory with no middle man. retail stores are what drives the cost of subs like velodyne, klipsch, and revel through the roof. by not doing this SVS provides a very high quality product that many can affoard.

I don't know if I would agree that it is the best price point just because it comes "factory direct". That could mean their profit margin is simply higher.

Not arguing as I have never actually auditioned an SVS sub before, and would very much like to. I may have never really heard good sub bass yet. I do know that I am totally happy with a front KSW-15 and a rear B & W ASW1000. These provide (or either of them) more bass than I could ever need in my house.

However I think the tube design looks cool and I don't doubt for one minute that I would be amazed with their bass either.

"That could mean their profit margin is simply higher."

Well SVS tube subs woofers are quite costly and the "cabinets" well the tubes cost peanuts.SO yes I am sure SVS makes a good $$$ on subs.And why not SVS is not in business to not make a good profit.

When I sell high end computers I make a good profit,and its the way it is.Those who make poor profit and even cut their own profit to only sell by low price are plain dumb.And I am happy to see competitors who's only claim to fame was low price die when business slows down,oh so sweet.

1.gif

Did I hear the THE EAR is head of Sales and Marketing for SVS. Can I get (2) PB4 plus w/reference package. I'll send the money order tomorrow. $500 ought to cover everything. Shipping is included, right! .9.gif

Cultrain88

Aragon Stage One

Bat VK-200

Aragon 3005

Music Fidelity A3

Denon 2900

Mitsubishi 73909

Klipschorns 90 Ak-3

RC-7, RS-7's

(2)SVS 20-39 PC+

Tranparent and Straightwire Interconnects & Speaker wire

PS Audio and Transparent Line Conditioners

tankhokie,

below the $1000 limit its very hard to argue or even find good SVS competition,HSU with the VTF2 and VTF3 have what I call good deals(not as good as SVS).

Adire would be another choice,more DIY but here you get even more.Well since its DIY its for a more limited customer base.

Paradigm has the PW2200 a competent sub,and in Canada a superb value.

In the end SVS remains the best value in subwoofers along with the new Pinnacle series(using Tumult woofers).

Just for the heck of it and to get Theear started again -

Hokie - IMHO - you hit it just right. I could not find a sub in the price range of my SVS 20-39 that was a good sound comparative. HSU came in second for value (some of their units).

At another time I'll differ on some of ear's sub preferences (slightly), but I will side on the HGS stuff as being one of my favorite choices. I am not real fond of the price tag...

theEar and hwatkins,

Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate you guys sharing the experiences w/subs with everyone. I sent TomV my dimensions and he gave me a recommendation of the 20-39PC+. I am excited to finally get a sub in here that will keep up with my R3 II set and come in under $1000. If I am half as satisfied with the sub as I was when I first hooked up the reference's, I will be a happy man.

Thanks again and thanks to Klipsch for hosting a competition friendly forum.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

RF3 II front

RC3 II center

RS3 II surround

Denon 2803

2 very sad subs being replaced by SVS 20-39PC+ 1.gif