What the heck happened to the backs of these K-horns!

Johnny dB

If these are the same k-horns on e-bay that i was looking at a few days ago , the seller explains that non-hardening modeling clay was applied for cabinet dampening. If i remember right he states that there is a letter from someone ( can't remember without going back ) explaining the modification.

If these k-horns don't start rising in price soon they are going to be one heck of a steal for someone. LYNNM is bidding just about double for the other pair on e-bay right now.

These ones look in very good condition and the guy did a lot of mods to make them even better.

Jim -

What are your total apprehensions? These are close to me and may be just the thing for storing til I have space for them, but I would like to know what problems I may be getting into. This is far less trouble than trying to get my original pair of Khorns back from my brother.

HENRY : Read the auction again !!

The guy who owned these spent a lot of time conversing with people in the know, i'll bet they sound fantastic. He has spent a lot of time and effort updating these horns, normal folks don't do this !! looks to me like this gentleman went to a great deal of effort to make a great pair of k-horns even better.

Who gives a poop what the backs look like , you can't see it when there pushed into the corner anyway.

I'll tell you that if i lived in the usa i'd bid on these myself. Trust me, no one goes to this kind of effort unless there looking for awesome results.

Maybe the " sight factor" of the mod's will keep the price down !! thats great for the high bidder.

They're still only $1,075.00 as of 9:50 AM EST. (3/13). I'd almost consider hocking my Omega watch and my Panasonic DAT recorder just to come up with the extra spending money for these heinous beasts...which look real nice out front.

Someday I'll own a pair of Khorns, but I'll never sell my Cornwalls in order to get 'em.

Jim,

Go ahead and sell that Omega, all you'll ever hear out of it is tick, tick, tick... The K-horns, now that's some sound!

I sold my Omega last year on ebay to someone in Hong Kong. It financed a new exhaust system for my Suburban, and one K-horn. I had to scrape for the other one, but it was well worth it.

These will be fine, only thing different is the Belle drivers, and crossover on the top end!

(AK crossover) (K-55-M)

I do like the BASS BIN connection plate they put on these!

All in all NO BIG DEAL GET THEM

Regards Jim

PS, i would get them, if i could, and most here know i would LOL

9.gif

These are not too far from me as well, I was seriously considering getting these and maybe selling my cornwall II's (w/vert drivers). But my budget's pretty limited, so I don't think I'll be able to go much higher than where they are at now (sigh)

Oh well... as long as they go to a good home.

Here's what I found out.............

eBayBid History for

Klipsch corner horn Klipschorn speakers in MO (Item # 3012505475)

Currently $1,000.00 First bid $1,000.00

Quantity 1 # of bids 0

Time left Auction has ended.

Started Mar-09-03 19:42:04 PST

Ends Mar-15-03 16:47:26 PST

Seller (Rating) midmod(370)

Bidding History (Highest bids first)

There were no earlier bidders.

Bid Retraction and Cancellation History

User ID Action / Explanation Date of bid and retraction

noeltwin(24) Cancelled $1,000.00

Explanation:Due to exceptional circumstances, item no longer available Bid:Mar-10-03 20:23:00 PST

CancelledMar-15-03 16:45:33 PST

snapper64(6) Cancelled $1,000.00

Explanation:Due to exceptional circumstances, item no longer available Bid:Mar-11-03 14:12:50 PST

CancelledMar-15-03 16:43:55 PST

g.thalassis(21) Cancelled $1,000.00

Explanation:Due to exceptional circumstances, item is no longer available Bid:Mar-11-03 11:12:59 PST

CancelledMar-15-03 16:46:38 PST

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.gif

Damn ! Murphy has been on my arse all week !!

First I lose the Regina Khorns by $ 25.00 to a snipe bid ( My commuting arrangements meant I was still on the road home when the auction ended ) and now when I was laying in wait malevolently plotting to do the same thing to some other poor sap 11.gif - The seller pulls the horns out from under me !! I guess I should have contacted the seller and offered a buy it now kind of deal !

15.gif