Chance for A Steal on some KG-4's!

HDBRbuilder

S**T! You're killing me! I just negotiated a deal to buy at $260! Z

I guess that I'm not getting a horrible deal for $52 more, and if I look and don't like them I can walk away w/o bad feedback on Ebay.

Good for you, Andy, and I hope they are in perfect shape.

(But I would have like to have saved the money!)

Congrats whell. If those kg4s are in excellent condition without the surround rot that some others have experienced, then YES...I think you also got a great deal. The fact that you can drive over to the seller's location and just pick them up without spending the extra loot on shipping (and the fear associated with receiving them undamaged), well...to me, I think it's worth the extra $52.1.gif

Jim- Nope, I haven't got them yet.

Tony is suppose to be coming up at the end of this month.

I'm excited.

When they arrive, I'll offically have a complete collection.

Quartets, Fortes, ForteIIs, Chorus, ChorusIIs.

All I need to do now is get rid of my black Quartets and get some Walnut ones, and i'll be all set.

That is currently in the works.2.gif

Regards,

John.

Thanks all...they sound like $hit...what do you mean by the surround stuff? I am suspecting the tweeter may be blown...either that or I am too used to the Khorns...but at slightly higher volumes I am hearing distortion...real heavy on the mid range at lower volume...what do blown tweeters sound like???

The second I heard my KG4's, I knew I had found a little Klipsch jewel. I had at the time, a pair of KG 5's and a pair of KLF 30's. They could hold there own against either unless we were in the beer drinking mood, then the KLF's took pole position. Hopefully it's only a tweeter thats fried so you can get a replacement. Passive radiators are another story.

From what I understand, the radiators are not available from Klipsch. There have been others who found some off the web but I don't remember the site. I have seen the KG4's with a PWK on the radiator and others without it. Mine have it but I'm not sure if the ones without are replacements. I also have never opened them up so I can't tell you about the tweeter. Just know that when you do get them fixed, you will be surprised at how good they sound.

Andy,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the KG4s are only a 2 way speaker. They just won't have the highs that you're used to with your Khorns. I ran into the same problem in my bedroom. I had a pair of KLF10s, but after hearing my Khorns I just couldn't stand not having the highs. I even tried a range expander on them; it helped some, but I eventually sold them. From now on I'm only buying Heritage or a 3 way speaker like the klf20, 30, RS7, etc...