hobbies/interests other than audio

gtDark

Like the subject says, I was just wondering what other interests/hobbies you guys have other than audio. It doesn't have to be to the level of "___-phile" like some of us are with audio, so just shoot.

I like coffee and especially espresso. Like some of us who upgrade components like receivers, amps, etc., I upgrade grinders :)

matt

Mine are downhill skiing, hiking, computers (building and programming), computer gaming, and amusement parks/roller-coasters. I also dabbled in R/C airplanes (my dad is real big in this one), biking, jet skis, boating, fishing, and a few others, but those first few listed are the ones I really like to particpate in. I am a "-phile" when it comes to skiing, even considered a "professional" by the industry due to being on the ski patrol and such. Of course, I am also a profeesional in the computer programming arena (software engineer - just celebrated ten years at my company)

Yeah kenratboy, can you explain to me why the GT3 is cheaper and less powerful than the GT2 ? I was thinking that the GT3 would be a step UP from the GT2, making it basically just a barely street-legal version of the touring GT/GTS Porsche racing car, but I was wrong. It almost seems like a median between the Carrera 4 and the 911 Turbo. I was disappointed to say the least. Guess I'll have to stick with my M3 GTR when it comes out 2.gifhttp://www.prism.gatech.edu/~gte580z/other.html

matt

Competition handgun shooting (IPSC Class-C), saving up to buy an 03' Acura TL Type-S in late June (the Legal business has been good lately) although I did get flamed on the acura-tl.com site for telling someone that a lot of people have had it with these rolling-subwoofers kids have been driving7.gif.

From there I coach a Little League D-Ball team at the elementary school I went to over 25 years ago (Go Resurrection Yellow Jackets!!).

Left Klipschorn

Right Klipschorn

Left Klipschorn

Right Klipschorn

Well, posting them separately makes them (1)

Not nessesarily audio!

I have no other interests, not really, looking et these marvels of sound, is a hobby itself, so id have to say, looking at my K-horns!

I tried X-box,, spent $500.00 for the dam thing, its a dust collector!

Got bored with it, maybe its because im 38 hell i dont know!

Anyone wanna trade a new X-box, in box, 2 controllers, 10 games including halo, for a set of heresys, or KG-4s?

Children, love them all, wife, love her, Klipschorns!

Even if i dont have any audio, id still love my K-horns!

Regards

Jim

9.gif

I enjoy collecting military stuff.

Of particular interest is Samurai/Japanese period pieces. For those that are interested, the attached picture is a shot of one of my favorite antiques. It's a complete Samurai tosei gusoku (armor) dated from the Momoyama/early Edo period (approx 1575 to 1650). It's a no-frills style of armor designed strictly for fighting rather than show. For a 400 year old piece it has held up very well to the ravages of time, however the silk on the kote (armored sleeves) has seen better days. I will eventually build a display case to protect it.

I also have some really nice NBTHK appraised katana's (swords), but because of their value and the nature of my profession (military moves - Moving men have sticky fingers!) they are locked up in a secure location.

post-9658-13819246779794_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 3/24/2003 10:18:08 AM RangerSix wrote:

I enjoy collecting military stuff.

Of particular interest is Samurai/Japanese period pieces. For those that are interested, the attached picture is a shot of one of my favorite antiques. It's a complete Samurai
tosei gusoku
(armor) dated from the Momoyama/early Edo period (approx 1575 to 1650). It's a no-frills style of armor designed strictly for fighting rather than show. For a 400 year old piece it has held up very well to the ravages of time, however the silk on the
kote
(armored sleeves) has seen better days. I will eventually build a display case to protect it.

----------------

Wow, very nice! I can see why that would be one of your favorite pieces.

RangerSix, very nice indeed. Hope it's insured! That's a museum piece for sure. I can imagine you spent a pretty penney on that piece! Get that display case built soon. Is there some way of preserving the cloth on that 400 year old outfit, especially once it's inside a display case? Does the Japanese government have any problems letting a historical piece such as this leave their country?

I like my antiques, but yours is OLD! And I thought my 1888 Estey reed organ was old...

I'd have to say Audio and Music is about it. It has been continuously for 35 years.

I used to like motorcycling, but in Atlanta, you take your life in your hands.

Scuba diving when I was in Jupiter, FL. I can't wait to get back to FL.

Fly fishing when I was up north. I need to take time to find some spots down here.

RangerSix, Dude! That is too cool. My brother likes to collect Asian stuff. Swords mostly. That is just the coolest, he would be in awe. I'll have to show it to him. My little hobbies suck in comparison. I like antigues, I decorate cakes and I really like muscle cars.

What a combination! I never noticed how strange that is until I typed it in.