Got my theater put back together yesterday. I love my RF7s

m00n

First and formost... I used flash, I even had two halogen lights shining on the wall, it's just that with the room being totally flat black, it is dark in there. So the pic is a bit hard to see.

Hooked up the two RF7s to my receiver. Jeebus, I forgot just how good those RF7s sound. Maybe I have placed them a little differently or maybe it's due to everything I have done to that room, but I was stunned at how much bass seems to be coming from them than before even without the subs. Guess DeanG was right after all, they do a fine job without a sub. Well for music that is.

This pic only shows the front of the theater. Yeah, I know wires are showing and it looks tacky I will do something about that. Also my gear is sitting right on the carpet. I will be doing someing about that too. Gonna build a flexi and build some kind of channel thing to lay the wires in or cover them up. I don't want them showing. Looks like crapola.

I get my theater seats this week. I have to wash them and all that. But at least having them here I will be able to figure out how to mount them and lay the carpet down on the riser floor.

All the decore on the walls? Well, I am not in that big of a hurry. I am just happy to have my gear up so that I can enjoy it. Not to mention, I want to play around with a sheet of soundboard in the room. I want to figure out as best to my ability where I should build dampers into my walls BEFORE I get the decorative material up.

All the hard work has seemed to pay off in two different areas. One it has greatly reduced the amount of low frequencies excaping the building and into the neighborhood which was priority #1 for me. Secondly, it has had a big impact on the overall sound quality of the room. Even though I still have not carpted the floor yet, the overall sound just seems smoother. I can only attribute that to putting in that new ceiling and flattening at the same time.

post-9291-13819247225812_thumb.jpg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks good Moon. For the wire I have built some that are pvc pipe. All you have to do is cut the long way, spray paint black. They work great and when you need a wire to come ou you drill a whole and pull the wire. It works good and looks pretty good too. You can even run "t" off of the main one, to each speaker. Just a thought.

m00n,

Great job! When the picture first came up-all I saw was the screen and I thought of music from 2001 for some reason..... keep us informed,with more pics as you get your seats and stuff in place.....

"now I understand what you mean by "Flat black paint is your best friend ".....

9.gif

great job moon! thats a nice theater u got there!

im glad u went with all black... looks very elegant and contemporary, IMO.

about the wires, u can always go to radioshack for some split looms, probably 1" ones. I use some in my pc to tidy up the wires. get some black ones, so u cant really see them from where ur sitting.

easylistner, that's not a bad idea. I like it.

bruinsrme, I had a RC7 prior to my RF7. The curtian idea is good too. Hmmm.

Bill, yes that flat black hids many flaws.2.gif

dndphishin, that is a little premature, but thanks. 9.gif

pinipig523, it won't be flat black forever. I will be covering the walls from top to bottom with paneles made of fabric. (Well, that is the plan anywy.)

Great HT room,now just add two RF7's for sourround and ice the cake with dual SVS Ultra and you are set for many many years of HT power play. 2.gif

Dude I am going to buy a third pair of RF7's,one for rear sourround and the other,you guessed center.RF7 power

RF7's all around = LIFE LIKE DYNAMICS

9.gif

Ear, if I had the room I would like to have RF7s all the way around too. I have tossed around the idea of replacing my RS7s with RC7's but I worry it would sound too directional. But if layed down on thier sides like they are suppoosed to be and having 2 on each side wall, that may reduce some of the directional sound.

I built it for my friends system, I will be going over there this week to help him pass is ASE test and I will take some pictures for you. As to the size it depends on how much wire you will be putting in it. I think we used 2 inch, so it would be 1 inch high when cut it half. I will look and see if I have a small piece left over in the garage. I used a air saw from home depote. It was in the tool area by the compressors. Other wise you can use a hack saw or a rip saw.

mOOn-what is behind the wall the screen is on? could you run the wires thru grommetts into that wall then back where you need to hook'em up to the speakers? also bello has 'wire management' channels in their a/v racks that may help. i have also used 'wire hyde' which is a mesh split plastic 'sleeve' you put over your wires.

i'll have a klf-20/or/30 ONE day as a center, but i'll have to hornEd-zotalise it.

looks great, keep on postin'

avman.

Nice job Moon.

The PVC conduit at Home Depot comes in 10 foot lengths, so you should not have to cut and glue any in your room. If you do, buy a PVC cutter, does a nice job without burrs and clingons.

I did my PVC conduits in the walls to the speaker locations.

Other options - At electrical supply stores, they sell a black wire conduit that is pre slit down one whole side of the conduit. I use this in my datacenter to hide all the network wires on the racks. Easy to add wire to it.

God, if you did an entire RF7 room, that would be awesome.

Enjoy the nice room.

JM

----------------

On 5/5/2003 7:53:44 PM cluless wrote:

Moon -

Excellent job, worthy a wrist IMO. (Hey what were you using that wrist for anyway...NEVERMIND.
11.gif
). Hmmm maybe I can wrangle a trip to Seattle to check up on your progress....Be Afraid.
11.gif

----------------

Hehe... Now that you asked... 11.gif

Oh and if you come to Seattle, you will be about 4 hours to far north. I am down in Portland Oregon area. 2.gif

So I got my H/K PA4000 hooked up correctly tonight so now my two extra side surrounds and my 2 rears are working... I remember posting when I tore it all down for construction that I must have had it hooked up wrong. I was right because tonight after I got it all working. Oh damn... I put in Pearl Harbor the battle scene. Jeebus it was rocken. I don't have any of my speakers dialed in perfectly yet. I left my Rat Shack meter at my parents house. Be loven it when I can get them balanced perfectly. Get some of you Heritage guys over to hear a modern system rather than that moldy oldy stuff you guys use. 83.gif

J/K... maybe, 81.gif

----------------

On 5/6/2003 1:25:50 AM m00n wrote:

Get some of you Heritage guys over to hear a modern system rather than that moldy oldy stuff you guys use.
83.gif

J/K... maybe,
81.gif

----------------

OK m00n ... we have had this discussion before! 5.gif