help my girlfriend touched my woofer!!!!!!!!!!

spuntech

OK, Here goes nothing...I've been told that you can use a hairdryer set on low heat to try and remove the dent. Use low heat and hold the hairdryer several inches away from the cone. Don't get too close. This will slowly heat the cone and should make the dent pop back out. Its worth a shot if the sight of the dent really bothers you, and cheaper than replacing the woofer. Can't hurt to give it a try since you may want to replace it anyway. Just a suggestion.9.gif

Indy-

Congrats from one expecting father to another. Let's see, 10 weeks means she was about a month in during the Indy trip. Guess she was giving advice that she'll be using soon. Looks like there will be several new additions to the Klipsch family around the end of the year!

• Klipsch Employees

It will not hurt the sound of the woofer. It did make a difference in the resopnce of the woofer, but only after the dent was so bad that the surround on the woofer was wrinkled.

Put the grill back on the speaker, tell her not to do that again and suggest a little "closed door" payback...9.gif

She touched my woofer - I diddled her tweeter - and 9 months later we wound up with a squawker.

AKA I married a good Catholic girl. I remember the night I proposed _ All Right Damnit I'll Marry You !!

Best deal I ever made - We've been married 40 1/2 years and love each other madly and are still like a pair of rabbits.

I know how you feel. I can handle rugged cabinets but ding'ed up drivers make me nuts. You will have to ask her why she even poked at them in the first place. "Hmm. Is that really metal?"

Klipsch should have placed WARNING: DON'T TOUCH CHEAP FOIL CONES THAT BEND EASILY stickers on them, IMO. All the demo units I have ever seen have bent cones. Go figure. You won't see bent carbon fiber cones on 30 year old Pioneer HPM-100s!

Oh well, "another country heard from."

----------------

On 8/23/2003 9:13:33 AM fini wrote:

Oooh, how about a new metal grill, fashioned out of a bug-zapper? I know it'd work on kids and pets. Might have to go with the 220v model for bigger folks.

fini

----------------

Hey look! I think Ill land on that nice Klipsch SpeakAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Bug zapped toonarific.jpg

• 2 weeks later...