Ringo Starr & His Allstar Band

Tony Boone

From one photographer to another, great shots Tony!

Not up with Ringo or his music, but assuming from the two drum kits, he still plays the drums as well? Sorta like Phil Collins...the drums seem to take a back seat to all the singing and piano playing he does, IMO.

Good luck with your publicity shots for the Dog River Boys. Is their music true bluegrass, or a variant with some rock and blues thrown in?

Great shots with great color balance. Just curious, were you using digital equiptment for the shots? Digital camera with regular 35mm telephotos? No pro here, just an amature that hasn't combined digital with the 35mm equiptment yet. Great shots.

Thank you everyone! I took these with a Nikon D100 digital slr and Nikon lenses. No flash. Did have a monopod which helped.

I edited the original message and put some new images up as well as enlarged the first one. The originals are even better than these but I don't want anyone using them for commercial purposes so I really can't go any larger. I plan on selling them myself. :)

Thanks again,

Tony B.

----------------

On 8/19/2003 8:20:24 PM The Hobbit wrote:

Did Ringo sing Photograph?

----------------

Yes he did. Took me back to when I was 15 years-young. Also sang Yellow Submarine and Boys to name a couple of the Beatles tunes I remember. The band also did the 'hits' that the other members had with their respective bands.

Paul Carrack (Squeeze)Tempted

Colin Hay (Men at Work) Who Can It Be Now?

John Waite (The Babys, Bad English) I Ain't Missing You At All

and many more.

The band sang Here Comes The Sun minus Ringo who left the stage during that number. When they finished he came back and sang a song he wrote about George Harrison. Very nice tune.

Tony B.

----------------

On 8/19/2003 5:43:09 PM bkrop wrote:

BTW is it not his Allstarr band?
1.gif

----------------

Yes it is. Forgive me please. I've been post processing many images and other work the past few days.

Did a publicity shoot for the Dog River Boys and have about 300 images to run through Photoshop.

Tony B.

----------------

On 8/19/2003 8:33:58 PM William F. Gil McDermott wrote:

Very nice work. Thanks for sharing them.

Gil

----------------

Thanks Gil but I'm still learning. I don't yet have a 2.8 telephoto which will help a great deal in low light situations like concerts. Hope to purchase a Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 HSM in the very near future. The images should be much sharper as that lens will let more light in.

I currently use a Nikon 24-85mm G f/3.5-4.5 and Nikon 70-300mm ED f/4-5.6 as they are the only two lenses I own at the moment. The Nikon D100 digital body and the other accessories I purchased set me back several thousand dollars. Now it's time to invest in some good glass.

I try and take every good photo opportunity that presents itself so as to better my craft. This is my creative outlet and hope one day to do this for a living. It's such great fun at least to me.

Thanks again,

Tony B.

You are very good at what you do, Tony, so don't sell yourself short! Great images!

Nikon glass can be so expensive...have you also considered Tamron lenses, or are they also too much moola? Not up on Nikon digital SLRs...can you use standard Nikkor 35mm manual/autofocus lenses with the digital bodies as well? Any large zoom or telephoto lense that's as fast as an f/2 or f/2.8 will be huge and heavy (read: expensive). But it's always worth it when the end result is a clear, perfectly focused low-light image, especially when a tripod isn't available (thank goodness for monopods)!

Good luck selling your images. Wish I could've made a career out of photography...losing my job and pawning off all my Olympus gear changed all that for me. Maybe someday...

I was thinking...any chance Ringo is having the last laugh?? He can tour when he wants to, with friends he likes spending time with ....to sold out shows..

And, he has a built in appreciative audience. ANY Rock n Rollers dream IMO.

In the future, we might see artists being paid by what they do onstage to ENTERTAIN us. Record companies would give us sellable product, but if they do great LIVE, let the artist keep more of the gate and prove their worthiness. Wouldn't that be nice!?! To actually earn a living by yes making music wheather it be by album, cd's MP3's but to be soo well received that people crave to hear you live even more. Think Dave Mathews, etc etc.

Tempted by Paul Carrack is an awesome tune I have not listened to in over a year.

Realy nice.

I will listen to it this weekend.

I think he toured with Johnny Winter one time.

I never saw him; friends say he is the master of the slide guitar since Duane Allman left us.

Joe Walsh as a step behind perhaps. Love slide guitar!

Ringo gets a good group.