Think Good Thoughts

fini

It appears that your daughter will be doing O.K., fini. Thats great. Its good practice for the next major operation. Thats the one where youll need to have her boyfriends anesthetized and surgically removed from your living room. 2.gif

Fini,

your daughter is going to grow up with a great sense of humor if she takes after her dad! And what stories she can tell... such as, " My dad is pretty strange too. He took my grandma's death couch, you know, the green flower embossed couch that had the plastic wrap on it, well, he took it to the dump, and, like, he brought home all kinds of dirty old electrical equipment, that, he , well, he made me clean up all these yucky tube things. And (roll of the eyes) he thinks they are valuable. Specially these tubes he said they're made in East Germany, by those swimmer ladies with mustaches."

Boy friend(vainly trying to grow mustache half as good as East German lady swimmer) (opening fridge to get half gallon of oj- instantly gone, three sandwiches - inhaled in five seconds, and half bag of chips - acne starts pulsating) Uh, gee yeh. Dads don't know s---.

Walks over to turn on stereo, throws on new Korn CD, walks to couch, sluffs in it with size 11s on end table.

We should head over to my house before the game. My dad has a really great new stereo with Bose speakers that get real lad. This old gig isn't so hot.

As you walk in- oh hi, Mr. Fini, when are you gonna get some real food in the fridge? Nice seeing ya again, we gotta head out now.

Just remind her once in a while how you slaved over her and brought he back from the precipice of death when she had her tonsils out2.gif

And btw, the HK 430 is up and running again. We cleaned the circuit boards, no go. Changed a capacitor, no go. Hit it with compressed air and deoxit, no go. Put it in a ten % humidity vacuum chamber to dry the fungus and mold, no go. Had the humongous heat wave for the last four days with temps over one hundred - threatened the receiver with a glorious death by trampling from the eight shetland ponies next door and then threw it on the back porch with direct sunlight during the late morn and all afternoon hours.... the mold completely dried up and it works wonderfully.

In an effort to spread the faith, I'm loaning it and my Heresy II oiled oaks to a friend while I'm out in WA for the next two months. And if you ever want to set your daughter up with a $20/hr summer job sorting radioactive trash, let me know. I have just the position for her6.gif

Godspeed with the healing process!

Dave,

I'm glad the good-old sunshine technique worked for you. I guess the next step was a dip in the reactor. That can stir things up, I'll bet.

And thanks for the scenarios laid out in your post: what a crack-up!

Oh, how did you like the CD?

fini

Yes, she had general anesthesia. She did pretty well with it, a little nausea. She came home that evening (Friday), and is feeling increased pain today (a kind of step back which, I am told, is normal and expected). She's been getting pain meds every 4 hours ( I even wake her up at night for doses) which are definitely helping.

fini

glad to hear it went smoothly, be generous with the meds and the ice cream no reason to scimp on either. get her occupied around the house and she will soon think no more of the pain then she does of any other sore throat. best regards, tony