topic naming

Trey Cannon

----------------

On 9/12/2003 12:41:34 AM kenratboy wrote:

I am annoyed because Trey never contacted me and he just nuked the post and that was that. ----------------

Someone tell me where it says a moderator must tell you what they do in the background to keep a forum running smoothly?

Since I am a moderator on some other sites I know it is a thankless job.....SO I thank you mods.....

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings:

As one who believes that younger people interested in Audio will come to this Forum, and

As one who believes that there are parents who would not want their young exposed to questionable language, and

As one who has worked in atmospheres where a foul word was used as noun, pronoun, adjective, modifier, adverb and any other manner, I am tired of that.

I believe you have the intelligence, as do the other members of the Forum who do not use questionable language, to utilize a word that has the full impact, definition and inferrence you wish to put your point forward.

To me, Trey missed

$**t

Screw when used in the sexual sense or in place or the F word

and a few others.

I am not a puritan. I've heard it, used it at tense times, and do not care for it, but moreso I feel that since those that will truly be aggravated by questionable language or those young, we can find other words.

Also as one person may scroll through the Forum for the first time and see a number of expletives deleted, it lowers the quality of the site, the one posting and because of language, the point that is being made.

Win dodger

----------------

On 9/10/2003 5:42:38 PM trey cannon wrote:

Please name your topics like you would talk to your mother.

----------------

bugsbunny Dancing. drawing gif.gif

Everything is lovely

When you start to roam;

The birds are singin', the day that you stray,

But later, when you are further away,

Things won't seem so lovely

When you're all alone;

Here's what you'll keep saying

When you're far from home:

Mammy,

Mammy,

The sun shines east, the sun shines west,

I know where the sun shines best--

Mammy,

My little mammy,

My heartstrings are tangled around Alabammy.

I'm comin',

Sorry dat I made you wait.

I'm comin',

Hope and trust dat I'm not late, oh oh oh

Mammy,

My little Mammy,

I'd hop a million miles

For one of your smiles,

My Mammy! Oh oh oh...

Mammy...

My little Mammy.

The sun shines east-- the sun shines west--

I know where-- the sun shines best!

It's on MY MAMMY I be TALKIN about, nobody else's!

My little Mammy,

My heartstrings are tangled around Alabammy.

Mammy-- Mammy, I'm a comin'--

I'm so sorry dat I made you wait!

Mammy-- Mammy, I'm a comin'!

Oh God, I hope I'm not late!

Look at me, Mammy! Don't ya knows me?

I'm your little Bugsy!!!

I'd hop a million miles

For one of your smiles,

My Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa UH Aaaaaaaaah Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

• Klipsch Employees

I am sorry for not contacting you before I deleted the post. Although it may have been the polite thing to do, it would not have changed a thing. You cannot change the name of your post. I could not change the name of your post. To change it I would have had to get others involved. Again, that may have been the thing to do, but not using words like that in public is not the right thing to do.

If the truth were known, I did not read the entire post. The title was so not ok that I nuked the whole thing right off the bat.

I am sorry if I stepped to heavy, but remember I am from south Arkansas. I dont hold much back

With that said pleas fell free to start the post again with a different name.

I , nor anyone else, will be trolling the board for offenders. We just dont have the time.

However, we will use our super powers to fight the dark side.:]3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif

Thats right. Dont forget Treys from South Arkansas. Things could be worse. How would you like to have Billy Bob Thornton monitoring the forums with a lawn mower blade? There's a pick-up truck out front that says "Doyle Hargraves Construction" on it. Doyle said besides sending the police, you might wanna send an ambulance or a "hearst". I'll be sitting here, waiting on ye. He he he he he 2.gif

I'm with Trey 100.000000 %

I, myself, grew up in the suburbs of NYC, rather than the magnificent homeland of Arkansas. None the less, cussing is cussing, in any venue.

BTW, if you've ever met Trey, he has a terrific intellectual wit and a sly command of the language, second to none. He is not the keeper of the supply of BS buttons for no reason.

I can understand that there are some subculures in the USA which consider vulgarities part of the normal argot. Oddly, I've met some beautiful young woman in ORD land who use them, and I was puzzled. In one case I met the young lady's mother and she also used quite a few vulgarities.

I conclude there may be in a very few situations where people don't quite "get" what is accepable in polite society. The Klipsch BBS is not one of them.

Gil

Hey maybe that's what happened to my posts from back when I first joined!9.gif

----------------

Please name your topics like you would talk to your mother.

----------------

I know some people will be upset by this but if you want to stress yourself out go ahead. I don't consider this topic to be a joke but I did find the quote funny. Trey you should edit your post because it gives me a loophole to say anything I want. I use profanity with my mother and grandmother.6.gif Now before you all start typing I should mention that I do this because it reminds them of their dead father/husband who was the master of the four letter verb/adjective and they receive great enjoyment from it. He never spoke in vein nor do I use it in that way with them but he had a colorful way of speaking that never offended even the ones you would expect.

The question I have is where do you draw the line? I have been offended in other forums by people who used no vulgarity what so ever. Does that make it OK? The religious quote by Marvel could also be offensive to some people so maybe we should delete this one too. It scares me when I see some people so quick to to jump on Ken, who is a contributing member of this forum in his own way, only to turn around and suck up to the Mod. What exactly is your motive? I'm guessing Trey is trying to convey that members should take care not to offend other members in order to keep this a friendly forum but I bet some of you have offended Ken with your replies. I guess that's OK too because no one swore. I probably have been offended by profanity more than any other member of this forum because everyday it is used on me along with threats of harm to my family and myself but you won't see me jumping on the take a dump on Ken bandwagon. I agree with Trey that this should be avoided but some people need to lighten up. I mean how do you cope in the real world because at some point everyone has to leave their bubble. If I have offended anyone with my response I apologize but come on guys this has to be one of the cleanest forums on the net let alone the endless filth you can find when doing a simple google search for an innocent topic. I'm sure someone will come back and cut everything I have said to pieces but that's exactly what I'm talking about.

KRB...

point number one: It was YOU who decided to name the thread what YOU named it...so...no matter WHAT anybody thinks of this situation, if YOU had NOT decided to give it that name, it would still be on the forum...agreed?

point number two: Trey was simply doing his job...it is ridiculous to transfer blame to him for a problem that began with your decision on what to call the thread. The biggest problem this country has today is that nobody wants to accept responsibility for their own actions...it seems the people now-a-days all feel that transferral of blame is the proper thing to do...pretty sad situation, in my opinion!

point number three: just learn the lesson and clean up your act and this won't happen again, agreed?

----------------

On 9/13/2003 1:16:14 AM BBB wrote:

That’s right. Don’t forget Trey’s from South Arkansas. Things could be worse. How would you like to have Billy Bob Thornton monitoring the forums with a lawn mower blade? “ There's a pick-up truck out front that says "Doyle Hargraves Construction" on it. Doyle said besides sending the police, you might wanna send an ambulance or a "hearst". I'll be sitting here, waiting on ye.” He he he he he
2.gif

----------------

HMMMM, aw-right then, MMMM.

I like the way you tawk.

• Klipsch Employees

1. I was and am not trying to pick on Ken. Ken is a very good member of this forum.

2. Please notice I said Naming TOPICS. What got to me is that anyone just looking at the forum could see that word.

3. Maybe the General questions section of the forum should be named General Questions about AUDIO. After all that is why this forum is here.

4. I am not sure, but I think Justin has a thread going that is on the same subject as the one Ken posted.

5. As I stated, I am from the south. If I were to talk like that to my mother, I would have lost some teeth.We just do not need that type of language

Trey, I'm a crazy liberal hippy from the West Coast, so I talk however mother earth wants me too 9.gif Again, I see your point and I agree.

So, why is the '*** LICKER' post still there? My post got canned in <12 hours, and this '*** LICKER' thing is still up? Why? I wasn't purposly being offensive, and the *** Licker thing sure is!

• Klipsch Employees

Ok, the a.. Licker post is gone...

the post AVman made, (daredevil) will be changed as well

I have talked with the webmaster, the only way to change the name of a topic, is to change it in the database.

It is not a hard thing to do, but it does take time.

We do not want to censer this forum, nor do we want to baby sit.

If you can type, you can read and you should understand we do not want these words in our forum!

With that said, I would like to get back to the topic at hand, AUDIO...

I have a new project in the works...

I will post pics and give details tonight if I get time...

New mains for the HT.....

----------------

I have a new project in the works...

I will post pic’s and give details tonight if I get time...

New mains for the HT.....

----------------

Whoa! Wait a minute there Trey. You're not going to get away that easy. What's this "New mains for the HT" stuff? New Mains for YOUR HT? or OURS? 9.gif