Weather relataed: Mobile Homeless

dodger

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If Isabel hits NC (and I pray it doesn't) Kelly shouldn't try to outrun the storm heading north but would be safer heading wes. Besides the lastest forecast predicts that there is a possibility that Isabel will hit as far north as Long Island.

BTW Kelly, if the storm does hit the southern NC coast, would you go check and see if Oak Island is still there? This will be the 3rd hurricane in 10 years to hit the Cape Fear area and my folks finally finished the repairs from the last 2 a couple of years ago. A real PITA but the contractors are making a fortune.

Greetings:

It's nice to see offers when things or a place may be needed and comments for the positive thoughts.

GaryMD may get the backwash, so good luck to him and if he and his family want to come to Rochester, you know where we are.

Safe arms be around all affected.

Win dodger

----------------

On 9/15/2003 4:56:27 PM dodger wrote:

Greetings:

It's nice to see offers when things or a place may be needed and comments for the positive thoughts.

GaryMD may get the backwash, so good luck to him and if he and his family want to come to Rochester, you know where we are.

Safe arms be around all affected.

Win dodger

----------------

Yes, good thoughts are out there to all affected.

forrest

Good luck with the storm Kelly. Let's hope this thing decides to make a sharp turn to sea. If you don't make it all the way to NY, you're welcome in Baltimore. Besides, the Garymd house is now powered by generator.9.gif

Thanks Win, Forrest and everyone else for your kind words.

Stay safe Kelly. I've got some relatives in Tabor City NC (on the border with the SC coastline), so I'm fearful for them as well. And if the storm tapers off near Long Island, my folks up in eastern CT could see some of it as well. Then again, the hurricane can still travel west and hit me here in FL...you never know!

Yah, I hope Kelly and his wife (and everyone in that area)are ok and prepared as needed for this thing. I started to get concerned when those tube-rectified preamp guys (which I actually am, too....but still really like my little entirely SS Dynaco PAT 4)didn't chase me down with the last post I left regarding the now kind of worn-out tube and SS diode rectifier issue.2.gif

I haven't heard the latest on the storm, but I hope it's heading away! Hang in there and take good care of yourselves!

Erik

----------------

On 9/15/2003 7:22:42 PM reel 2 reel wrote:

----------------

WOW!!! nuttin' showed up there ...I'll Have to try to remember what I said!!! Oh yea... I just wanted to say "Good Luck" to the forum members on the east coast...your in for a wild ride.... I also noticed the thread "OFF TOPIC - GOD HELP US" the graph shows the storm might make it to central michigan...we need the rain bad.. It hasn't rained here in 6 weeks just a couple sprinkles...the crops are dying and the grass is already dead (and I just got that new lawn tractor).... but hopefully it dissipates before landfall....May you and your families be safe..and damage to a minimum....our prayers are with you...gc

Yeah, I'm still around although Friday was Hell Day #1 with the sailboat ordeal. Getting that moved and ready was a lovely experience. My place has a direct view of the ocean here so I am about a few hundred yards from the surf. A six foot storm surge puts water in our 1st floor...

Today is Hell Day #2 with getting this place ready and deciding what to take. Sadly, ye olde Cornwalls are staying to ride it out as I am not messing with these 100lb beasts. I will be suffering enough with all the LPs, TT, amps, and other gear. Just the books brings a terrible sigh...

The only positive has the storm now at Category 3 instead of the total devestation of a Cat 5 hurricane which would pretty much make plywood a sad bandaid. My beach is still in the projected most likely landfall area although most of the computer models have it to the North, which is far better than just below, something that would produce a worse storm surge.

Right now, taking a break, deciding what to do next. The set waves rolling in right now are insane with sets over 10ft and some breaking off our shoals over 1 mile offshore. They are calling for 25ft waves on Thursday. Yep.... 25 FEET. Yowza.

Take a look at my weather page with some good Tropical storm links, the most interesting being the Infrared Satellite animation viewable here:

Atlantic - Hurricane Isabel - Infrared Satellite Animation - 3 hrs

Thanks for the comments. Here is the major downfall of living on the beach... Sometimes the envy is reversed toward you inland loons!

kh