Turbox

Thank you for posting Archie’s pictures. It
brings back great memories as my Aunt
and Uncle had a Great Dane while I was growing up, I think he was couple years
old when I was born so that’s about 60 plus years ago. His name was Jeffery and
was probably about the same size. He had a daily route though the woods in Lake
Orion, Mi. that was about 5 miles
and he would stop at every friendly house for handouts, 15 years after he was
gone the trails were still there as he pounded the ground so hard that nothing would
grow on the path. He had a pretty good appetite for almost anything but lima
beans, he would clear all of the leftovers and out the side of his jowls would
exit said lima beans without the least disruption in chewing the rest. Not many
photos unless he was sleeping as the flash bulbs scared him and the only thing that
you saw was a tail in the picture.

Turbox

Thank you for posting Archie’s pictures. It
brings back great memories as my Aunt
and Uncle had a Great Dane while I was growing up, I think he was couple years
old when I was born so that’s about 60 plus years ago. His name was Jeffery and
was probably about the same size. He had a daily route though the woods in Lake
Orion, Mi. that was about 5 miles
and he would stop at every friendly house for handouts, 15 years after he was
gone the trails were still there as he pounded the ground so hard that nothing would
grow on the path. He had a pretty good appetite for almost anything but lima
beans, he would clear all of the leftovers and out the side of his jowls would
exit said lima beans without the least disruption in chewing the rest. Not many
photos unless he was sleeping as the flash bulbs scared him and the only thing that
you saw was a tail in the picture.

Great Story Gary!

Dennie

Guest Anonymous

When i was a kid growing up i always wanted a fawn colored Dane. Danes are just so Majestic. It wasnt until i was a bit older that i could get one.

Need a shovel, and a garbage bag when you go for a walk though...Im thinking i should have thought this one through a little more...

When i was a kid growing up i always wanted a fawn colored Dane. Danes are just so Majestic. It wasnt until i was a bit older that i could get one.

Need a shovel, and a garbage bag when you go for a walk though...Im thinking i should have thought this one through a little more...

Isn't that the truth! But, they are worth the extra effort. Just don't do what my neighbor did. She/they fell in love with our Dane, so she went out and got one. Then they "rescued" a "Blue" who weighed in at 175lbs with not an ounce of fat. THEN.... they rescued another older Dane.

With three Danes in a city backyard, well..... Lets just say, you had to "tippy-toe" through the backyard! LOL They ended up giving two away, when the marriage failed. "He" kept the original "harlequin" named "Dukie" after the famous "Marmaduke" from the comics.

Dennie

If I remember correctly my Aunt got pretty good with a steel snow shovel down in the basement when Jeffery was a puppy, she was a good sized women too. My uncle was away a lot and it was really her dane. That dog took up a lot of room in the back of a 57 Ford station wagon, That was a pair that no one messed with in Detroit back in the day...

That one kind of looks like ginger, but a little darker. Good luck finding them a home, it is a lot harder finding pit bulls homes. Especially around here most city's in the area have bans on them. Nice looking dog.

They are both very nice dogs, sad to see what happend. It seems as though they belonged to a home up the road in our subdivision, but the home is now foreclosed and they just left the dogs behind. I am trying to take them to a no kill shelter, but its kinda full/busy as it is.

Jeff, what you cant stop eating to fed some dogs??!![6]

D@mn Kimba... I really wish I could help you out with those guys but I'm just barely feeding myself lately.

Should my job situation change soon I'll take at least one an maybe both.

If you want, I could make a donation to help feed them if you were serious??? [^o)] Thats the norm to do now at the no kill shelters.

I'll buy you a bag of dog food.

D@mn Kimba... I really wish I could help you out with those guys but I'm just barely feeding myself lately.

If you want, I could make a donation to help feed them if you were serious??? Hmm Thats the norm to do now at the no kill shelters.

I'll buy you a bag of dog food.

If you want, I could make a donation to help feed them if you were serious??? Hmm Thats the norm to do now at the no kill shelters.

Duder1982, im not sure if thats a comeback or you want to buy me a bag of dog food??