Quck listening poll

Colin

----------------

On 12/5/2003 10:14:32 AM Colin wrote:

What is on your home movie and music reproduction system right now – what are you watching or listening to, and why?

1.gif

----------------

Hello:

I'm listening to two (2) CDs: Bob Seger's "Like A rock and Rod Stewart's "Forever Young."

Reason: The Seger CD is a good point of my thinking at this point - sveral songs on it.

Stewart's Forever Young (after will be Joan Baez's same titled but different mood and lyrics) as I am thinking of someone that was in my life 24 years ago and now there is separation.

Moodiness at where I am now, a major decision to make today, and the thought of that person and the wishes both Forever Young versions to that person and missing them.

Trying to figure my own self out is also in play.

Next song after will be Clapton's "Wonderful Tonight," followed by "Still the One."

Win dodger

Win dodger

Just finished watching Pirates, have Duke Pearson in the CD and right now I'm listening to (don't laugh) B.J. Thomas, Raindrops Keep Fallin on my Head just because. It came with a box of lps I purchased and I make it a point to listen to any mint lp I own at least once. It actually ain't too bad. Brings back some memories.

Finding Nemo.. With my 2 yr old Daughter tonight.. It is her favorite...And a great story for kids and adults!

A "Must Have" Disney classic.

By the way, Disney announced they sold over 3 Billion..(with a B) movie tickets this year...Worldwide.

That is amazing!!! Press release below!

BURBANK, Calif., Dec. 3 /PRNewswire/ -- The Buena Vista Film Distribution Group -- Buena Vista Pictures Distribution (BVPD) and Buena Vista International (BVI) -- has set a new industry record for the biggest global box office year of all-time with its combined domestic and international gross exceeding $3 billion. This milestone achievement, reached on Thanksgiving Day, was announced today (12/3) by Dick Cook, chairman of The Walt Disney Studios; Chuck Viane, president of Buena Vista Pictures Distribution, and Mark Zoradi, president of Buena Vista International. Domestically, BVPD is continuing to have its best year ever at the box office with a year-to-date gross of $1.48 billion (surpassing its previous high of $1.24 billion in 1999). Internationally, BVI also posted record box office receipts for the year-to-date with a sensational gross of $1.6 billion. With a full month still to go, the combined grosses for the Buena Vista Film Distribution Group now stands at $3.08 billion. This unprecedented figure easily beats the previous industry record posted by Sony in 2002, when its domestic and international tally for the market share year climbed to $2.864 billion. It also marks the eighth time in the last nine years that the Buena Vista Film Distribution Group has surpassed more than $2 billion in global box office receipts, a record unmatched by any other company.

Commenting on the announcement, Cook said, "By any measure, 2003 has been an extraordinary year for Disney's motion picture division with such hit films as 'Finding Nemo,' 'The Pirates of the Caribbean,' 'Bringing Down the House,' 'Brother Bear,' 'Freaky Friday,' 'Holes,' 'Open Range,' among others. We are very proud to have established a new industry record for the biggest global box office receipts in a single year and are grateful to our creative, distribution, and marketing teams for their hard work and special efforts in making this happen. Of course, no such record would be possible without a great line-up of films and for that we have an incredible group of talent, both in front of and behind the camera, to thank."

Viane added, "We are thrilled to be celebrating our best year ever at the box office. This is the eighth time in the last ten years that Buena Vista has passed the $1 billion mark at the box office and the seventh time in the last decade that we have been the #1 distributor in the marketplace. We became the first distributor to ever have two back-to-back $300 million releases -- 'Finding Nemo' and 'The Pirates of the Caribbean.' 'Nemo,' which has already grossed $340 million domestically, is not only the highest grossing film of the year, but the all-time top-grossing animated feature in industry history. With its current gross of $305 million, 'Pirates' has the distinction of being the second highest grossing film of 2003, the all-time highest grossing film from producer Jerry Bruckheimer, and Buena Vista's all-time top grossing live-action release."

Zoradi said, "This is the biggest grossing year in BVI history and the ninth year in a row that BVI has grossed more than $1 billion at the box office. 'The Pirates of the Caribbean' is on target to become the most popular Disney banner live-action film ever released internationally, with an amazing gross to date of $345 million. 'Finding Nemo' continues to be an enormous hit overseas with a gross to date of more than $240 million and has just begun its roll-out in continental Europe and launches in Japan this coming weekend. Another major international success for us has been 'Bruce Almighty,' which has earned $204 million in BVI acquired territories, is the seventh live-action title we've distributed to surpass the $200 million plateau, and our highest grossing acquisition of all time."

Guest Anonymous

Watched XXX with my partner, listened to new Aerosmith SACD Toy's in the attic, watched parts of T2, T3, Blue crush, LOTR, just to FEEL the bass and show off the system, My daughter got home at 10:30 and I put on Bruce Almighty for both my daughter and wife, Now I have Eric Clapton 461 Ocean Blvd(Japanese disk) playing downstairs while they sleep and I'm on the forum.2.gif

Smilin

Last music listened to: Vince Gill's first Christmas CD. Before that, it was an old Mark Isham CD on Windham Hill, "Vapour Drawings". And before that, I listened to Norah Jone's "Come Away With Me" for about the 100th time.16.gif As to why certain recordings, no special reason. I just scan my CD shelves until something clicks.

On the video side, I just received (but have not viewed) from Columbia House, three new titles: "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation", "Little Shop Of Horrors", and "Blackhawk Down". All on DVD, delivered to my front door for $13.10 apiece - hard to beat that!

I been watchin' Rollin Stones "Four Flicks",disc four to be exact,its very refreshing compared to every other video Stones concert.I have Pat Travers DVD-A in my 2900.Just a note,if you love the Stones and hate their video concerts (as I do)this is one you will like.

Butch Waller Golden Gate Promenade Rebel REB-CD-1753

Superb Bluegrass but unlike most BG albums it is nicely paced ie: Waller resists the temptation to "Burn Down the Barn" on every cut. That said all hell busts out on a couple of cuts

Waller was a friend of Bill Monroe ( toward the end of Monroe's life ) and the Monroe influence is acknowledged and described in the notes.

Butch is accompanied by a number of highly accomplished acoustic musicians playing guitar,bass,dobro,banjo and fiddle

----------------

On 12/5/2003 11:50:57 PM garymd wrote:

Just finished watching Pirates, have Duke Pearson in the CD and right now I'm listening to (don't laugh) B.J. Thomas, Raindrops Keep Fallin on my Head just because. It came with a box of lps I purchased and I make it a point to listen to any mint lp I own at least once. It actually ain't too bad. Brings back some memories.

----------------

That (the Raindrops song) brings back memories of 1970... I was in the Princeton Boys Choir in New Jersey 1969/1970 (now the American Boys Choir). That was one of the pieces we did on our fall concert 1970.

I have ordered the 3 CD set of Duke Pearson from Mosaic records based on Allan Songer's recommendation in the thread "Hey Allan Songer", but right now I'm listening to Randy Newman's song book, vol. 1. Many of his songs re-done in a much more scaled down way. Each cut is mostly piano/vocals and really great provacative songs. I'm also liking an older CD by Jimmy Webb, just him on piano singing his own songs. Really good stuff.

On the DVD I rented Grateful Dawg and I've found it to be really well done. I especially like "The Thrill is Gone" and "Shady Grove".

I recently watched 'Confessions of a Dangerous Mind' and "Frieda" and both were EXCELLENT.

----------------

On 12/6/2003 5:02:46 PM Bruinsrme wrote:

Blue man group. Love the sound and the feel of the bass.

Simply amazing stuff. Though it is up beat it is relaxing to me.

----------------

Have you ever see the BMG live onstage?....amazing...just amazing... We saw them in Chicago a month ago...when we go back we'll go see it again......

This was a TOTAL music Day. I spent the entire day cooking and jamming...

Things started out slow Lifehouse, Default, The Calling, Five For Fighting, The Strokes, ...

Later things livend up with Trapt, Cold, Fuel , Nickleback, Queens of the Stone age, and Interpol.

Winding down now with Paul Westerburg..

Which brings me to ..... does there exist a 5 or 6 cd disk changer that knows the difference between a data track and an audio track? I didn't get hit by it today, but I use my changer almost exclusively over my dvd player for music, and it really is annoying when I get to listen to the totally silent data track for an eternity.

Speaking of Finding Nemo....I'm pissed at Netflix...they sent me the bonus disk and not the movie.

CD's

Know What I Mean? - Cannonball Adderly (XRCD2 Version)

Crime of the Century - Supertramp (mfsl gold version)

Thick as a Brick - Jethro Tull (mfsl)

Breaking Silence - Janis Ian (gold)

DVD's

28 Days Later

Adaptation (Superbit)

Growing Up Live - Peter Gabriel

Live in New Orleans - Norah Jones

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 12/6/2003 7:46:22 PM reel 2 reel wrote:

----------------

On 12/6/2003 5:02:46 PM Bruinsrme wrote:

Blue man group. Love the sound and the feel of the bass.

Simply amazing stuff. Though it is up beat it is relaxing to me.

----------------

Have you ever see the BMG live onstage?....amazing...just amazing... We saw them in Chicago a month ago...when we go back we'll go see it again......

----------------

Gary, I've seen them and they are great, BTW do you have the new(I think) DVD?MUSIC blueman group, just got it from amazon, it's fantastic3.gif check it out

Smilin