I am in lust, Rosewoods

wrench_peddler

I remember seeing a pair of Rosewoods in a shop in Oakland CA many years ago (late 70's?), even before I was into Klipsch. I remember them being the best looking speakers I had ever seen. They stayed there for many years until they finally closed.

At times like this, I wish I had listened and gone on and got a degree, got a great job, saved all that money and most of all wish I could have been the first one to have seen these. As it is, I have a couple of motorcycles I would be willing to sell, a son I could auction off and a very fine Wife I could rent out but I only have 5 and a half days. Ohhhhh, what to do?

Edster's are probably a lacquered finish and that would account for the lighter finish. The Rosewood's on eBay are an oiled finish and hence are somewhat darker. I am going to bet my brother in law Gilbert is going to be all over these. If he gets these his WO ones will more than likely be up for sale.

Wow, these sure are beautiful.

Not to detract from these, but couldn't someone pay to have an expert woodworker put Rosewood veneer on any Klipschorns, and end up with equally attractive speakers? They wouldn't be original factory, granted. Or is rosewood veneer impossible to get nowadays?

No, you can get very nice rosewood veneer in 8x4 sheets that is priced within moderation. It pays to try to hand pick the sheet(s) however. OR at least have a picture of the exact sheets you are considering.

My cabinet maker buddy has offered to veneer my Cornwalls for work trade and the only reason I havent taken him up on it as they would have to be MOVED YET AGAIN and come out of my system as well. Still, I will do this at some point if I keep these or need someone to veneer a future purchase. It pays to have a pro do it right in my view.

kh