Which tap are the Scott guys using?

mark1101

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 12/11/2003 5:38:11 PM NOSValves wrote:

Some people are completely blind to others intentions. It never ceases to amaze me how naive some people can truly be!
<?xml:namespace prefix = o />

----------------

Yeah Craig it's like the blind leading the blind

2.gif

Pretty slick we will have to discuss this in depth some day about accurately testing the windings for health ! Did you see the new cool gear test gear I bought ?? Its in the "Santa Craig came early" thread I just bumped to the top. Check out the Bench power supply I picked up both pieces for $300 rebuilt and calibrated.

Craig

Pretty slick we will have to discuss this in depth some day about accurately testing the windings for health ! Did you see the new cool gear test gear I bought ?? Its in the "Santa Craig came early" thread I just bumped to the top. Check out the Bench power supply I picked up both pieces for $300 rebuilt and calibrated.

Craig

Oh and that Cap tester is awesome! I was comparing the leakage and power factors late last night on Xicon compared to Sprague atoms and the difference was very apparent. I also tested some coupling caps and found some interesting things but need further testing there. Rise time on them really shows some differences. When I was picking this gear up we compared the results of this cap tester to a big bucks computer digital cap tester the results were repeatable and accurate comparing the 2 testers. My old cap tester was ages behind this one and this one is no spring chicken 2.gif

Craig<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Surprised you didnt go JJ caps for the larger PS caps. They appear to be the bargain and early reports seem to be they are well-made.

Too bad Elna Cerafines are no longer made now with prices going through the roof. They were a great PS cap for high voltage and were relatively cheap to boot. The were the bargain for use in SET if not going oils or BG. Not much worth talking about with the supply almost down to nil.

kh

Something to do the next time someone has money to waste and nothing else better to do.

Joe Rosin uses NO electrolytics, and instead uses polypropylenes for everything -- including the PS. He builds a separate chassis just for the PS caps since they take up so much space -- as you can well imagine.