Disc of the Year?

Colin

As much as the industry loves to give itself awards, we dont all buy the newest and latest of anything. Therefore, my question is: what is the most enjoyable, very best or most important music or movie disc you purchased during the 2003 calendar year. Why would you recommend this to Klipsch fans?

Thanks for participating!

3.gif

I found it today on lunch break while goofing off at Fry's -"The Antiphonal Music of Gabrieli". Have had the LP for years and stumbled across a SACD release. Featuring the Philadelphia Brass Ensemble, Cleveland Brass Ensemble, and Chicago Brass Ensemble. This alone justifies my purchase of some Heritage early next year. Based on the above mentioned performers, I would recommend this to any Heritage owner.......(or anyone) it gives me goose bumps every time.

Lots of great stuff this year por moi but my favourite find is a real oldie and hardly in the mainstream but.........

Martyn Green In Gilbert and Sullivan Songs ( Columbia ACL 832 ) 1973 reissue of the same originally released ca. 1963.

I liked the Johnny Cash CD mentioned above but found The Man Comes Around a bit over the top.

bumpity comment, designed to keep topic on top:

wow! so many different choices, and here I thought I might get a consensus, like Elvis Costellos North

myself, I am still trying to decide, with new room treatments, everything sounds so good, I running through a disc marathon now, but the first that comes to mind is Patricia Barbers Modern Cool, love the dynamics of the bass and the bongo percussion. Alison Krauss with Union Station Live is an eye opener, cant believe I am listening to hillbilly, pit-anne, bluegrass, but the recording and performances are clean, simple and great.

3.gif

A handful of releases from late '02 'til now:

Rilo Kiley-The Execution Of All Things

Flaming Lips-Yoshimi...(The DVD-A of this disc is getting nothing but rave reviews)

Television-Marquee Moon reissue

T. Rex-The Slider reissue

Steve Roach-Mystic Chords & Sacred Spaces

I love the blues and the best new band I`ve heard in a long time is The Black Keys. Their sophomore release,"thickfreakness" is raw and refreshing.

And speaking of raw, The Beatles Naked is a must have for those that liked the band and those that hated "Let It Be". I like this one a lot.

I agree with the Cash Clan above. Great record. Not over the top to me but hey..

Want to hear that Costello. Can`t go wrong there. He`s certainly got good taste in women. Love her new one too.