How do you "move" a Klipschorn?

Tubinhard

----------------

On 12/19/2003 2:07:56 PM Hepta Bronte wrote:

They come with wheels right?
:)

I'm talking 10 feet or so --

What's on the bottom? Can you "scoot" them -- or do they have be lifted to prevent damage to the bottom?

----------------

wheels on the back :)

Actually a 2 person lift.

dodger

Dean,

I put them front face to a two wheel dolly padded with a folded blanket. That works fine until you need to go through a door of 28 or so inches or less. To move them in the house, I put "moving men" furniture sliders underneath and they slid along nicely.

BTW, I sure with I'd been reading the forum when you sold your LYW 6sn7 linestage. I must have been busier than I thought to miss that on the forum. 15.gif

They have the same metal feet on them as the other Klipsch speakers and can gently be scooted in a twisting motion to move them around without fear of damage. This is unless you have bare hardwood floors or you have deep pile carpeting that you do not want to damage, then it is certainly a two person job. For ease of movement remove the high frequency section by loosening the wing nuts and disconnecting the leads to the woofer access door to lighten them up a little.

----------------

On 12/19/2003 2:34:56 PM Hepta Bronte wrote:

Thanks guys.

Dee, I never posted a "For Sale" on that one. Craig snatched it during a phone conversation. It sounded very good, but my RF-7's were blowing me out of the room with 3 clicks on the stepped attenuator.
----------------

Got it, thanks.

Simple solution.

Rent an appliance dolly from UHaul. Cover the Khorn with blankets or bubble wrap. Strap one horn at a time in, and one person can load or unload them from a truck, through doorways, or up stairs. A second set of hands could be of assistance fine tunning movement around obstructions. This method requires no disassembly.

Klipsch out.

Good suggestions all the way around. I put those self-adhesive felt pads on mine, as I have hardwood floors. I stuck them right to the metal feet. That way I can slide them around a bit to access the networks and connections. Of course, keep in mind the removable top sections. If you are carrying them for any distance, that would probably be worth the trouble.

Dean,

Are you talking about moving them ten feet around in your room? Easy as pie, just push them. You can also "walk" them easily enough around a room.

According to Andy (Builder), the metal caps on the bottom are put on in the factory to facilitate sliding the speakers around, but should be removed at home. Andy had lots of other recommendations for a superduper sealing job which you could find in the archives.

----------------

On 12/19/2003 5:26:39 PM Randy Bey wrote:

I just tuck the klipschorn under my arm and run it up the stairs.... can't carry both of them that way, the stairwell isn't wide enough.
----------------

Or a Klipschorn under each ar, and your center channel balanced on your head 10.gif

Dean when do you expect to receive your Khorns? I sure would like to come over and hear what a new pair sounds like. I still think mine don't sound the way I remember them to as a kid. They just don't seem to have enough bass. You're still more than welcome to come over here and take a listen to the Khorns or 'Scalas anytime.

Probably because when you were a kid, some loon had them hooked up to a 300wpc Crown pro amp. 9.gif

It's probably that POS NOS Valves amp. C'mon man -- 17 wpc 1.gif

If I remember the pictures, and the mods to your room (I think that was you) -- your house is just swallowing up the bass. I have you thought about going to 3 watts?9.gif