Happy New Year Everyone!

Deang

Hey Dean, happy new year...I was wondering...two years ago when I got on this forum, wasn't it you who had the RF-7's and called Heritage speakers "ear bleeders"?...now look what you have at home! Maybe Klipsch needs to offer up styptic powder with each purchase of heritage speakers for those who have bleeding ears! 2.gif

Wow. since joining this forum in June, 2003, I've gained

2 1979 Heresys

2 1976 Cornwalls

2 1983 Cornwalls

and tubes Scott 355/208 combo

I'm giving the wallet a rest for a while. It's looking kinda thin. This place is dangerous for a budget!

6.gif

peace y'all and Happy New Year!

Forrest

Happy New Year all

I have a New Year Prediction !

Dean will have no less then 10 completely different amp/preamp Combo's in his system in 2004 2.gif with every change he will say "This is going to make Craig Steam" While in all reality I just love following the Dean Saga 2.gif

----------------

On 1/1/2004 2:56:59 PM Woodog wrote:

Wow. since joining this forum in June, 2003, I've gained

2 1979 Heresys

2 1976 Cornwalls

2 1983 Cornwalls

I'm giving the wallet a rest for a while. It's looking kinda thin. This place is dangerous for a budget!

6.gif

peace y'all and Happy New Year!

Forrest

----------------

Forrest,

I think we've been through that thread before but while we're at it, my 2003 purchases (always fun to itemize):

Amps/Preamps:

Scott 299b

McIntosh MC240

McIntosh MX110 (sold)

Marantz 7C

Sony DA5ES

Fisher X-100-C

Speakers:

Altec Santiagos

Klipsch Heresys (soon to be zebrawood)

Klipsch Academy

Klipsch RS3IIs

Klipsch RC3II (sold)

Acoustron LWE-1A (just taking up space)

Klipsch RSW-12 Subwoofer

Other:

Thorens TD-165 TT

2 - Sony SCD-C555ES SACD players

About 1,500 lps (gave away about 500)

Met a lot of great folks on the forum (and many in person)

If there's more I can't remember. A banner year indeed. I don't think I'll ever have another quite like it. I certainly couldn't and wouldn't have done it without this forum. Thanks a lot guys.7.gif9.gif

I hope you all have a wonderful 2004.

Craig,

That is a good possibility for Dean...after all, he has already run outta upgrades in the speaker end of things with his purchase of the ultimate Heritage "ear bleeders"! 9.gif

Dean,

I just had to start the new year off by reminding you of where you and your opinions of two years ago stood...and how much you have learned over the past two years! Here's to you learning even more this year and maybe ending up with a final ultimate upgrade for your system to bring you into "K-horn nirvana"!

Alot's happened to me as well this past year...get laid off from a job of 17 years, sell everything I own, get a new job that pays diddly-squat. Then get promoted (twice), move up the company's corporate ladder, then receive the "Employee of the Year" award for 2003 (big surprise). Best of all, my Cornwalls have hung in there with me through thick and thin, and to show my appreciation, I get them a vacuum tube 6SN7 SRPP preamp, and a soon-to-arrive 300B SE power amp to really make them sing!

2003 started out really poor for me, but I was able to cope and adapt, and now I'm an up-and-coming bottlehead ready to enjoy my favorite music driving my faithful Cornwalls with the power and majesty of vacuum tubes...2004 can only get better IMO!

Happy New Year to all my fellow Klipschans.

"Wow. since joining this forum in June, 2003, I've gained

2 1979 Heresys

2 1976 Cornwalls

2 1983 Cornwalls

I'm giving the wallet a rest for a while. It's looking kinda thin. This place is dangerous for a budget!"

Well, in four short months on the forum (since August 2003), I amassed:

2 Tube Preamps

1 Pair Tube PP Monoblocks

1 Pair Tube SET Monoblocks

1 Scott 299B Integrated Amp

2 EICO HF-81 Integrated Amps

1 Rega P25 Turntable

1 Jolida JD-100A Tube CD Player

1 Rega Planet Original CD Player

1 Pair Klipsch RF7s

1 Pair Klipsch Fortes

And a tons of Tubes

Got to stop spending 2.gif.

PS. Happy new year, Deano. Hope your Khorns are for keep 3.gif.

Here's wishing you guys a great 2004. 2003 was my best year ever. The list is to great on purchass but a 2003 G35, and a 2002 4 Dr Lariet 4x4 on tops on the list.

As for stereo this is a very expensive croud to hang out in.

MC240

MX110

Scott299D

Klipsch CW 1979

Herseys

Dynaco St70

Dynaco PAs3

Yamaha M80, 65

MMF-7

Kenwwod K500 TT

Phillips 963SA

If 2004 stays this way for all of us there will be some definite trading/replacing of equipment going on.

2003 purchases

1 pair LaScalas

1 pair Heresys

1 Scott 299

1 Scott 222

2 NOSValves rebuilds

1 DBX 1215 EQ

Happy New Year everyone. I hope I somehow have another fun year without spending as much. 2003 was awesome for me because of eveyone here and all I learned.

I already am looking at at least one Sony SACD player, 1 Scott tuner, and a DBX 1231 EQ right now. I guess the year is starting right.

Cheers everyone.

By the way Gary, I must be in the wrong line of work. Nice year pal. Also, I got DPs 27-30 and Closing of Winterland DVD for x-mas. Right now I'm listening to 30, Academy of Music, NY., NY. 3/25/72 (On the LaScalas). What did you say? huh? Can't hear you.