555ES Problem - HELP!!!!!!

garymd

I just got my Sony SCD-C555ES that I purchased from a forum member whose # I don't have with me.

I hooked it up and all I get is "System Error E01" on the readout. There's nothing in the manual referring to that problem.

Can anyone help? Please?????

I spoke with my friend from Tweeter. He said the warranty is good regardless of owner and to contact them for shipping arragements. At worst I'll just have to wait a couple months but they'll fix it. This is my 2nd 555 so it's not like I'll be short an SACD player in the meantime.

I just hope this isn't a sign of my luck for 2004. It certainly hasn't started off too well! 2003 was a great audio year for me. I guess I was due.

To make up for it I went out and bought "Let It Be Naked." Sounds real good on my other 555.1.gif

Been a very expensive day for me. Spent $3k on my van which was brought in for a tune-up but ended with replacing everything but the kitchen sink.

----------------

On 1/3/2004 10:53:57 PM Guy Landau wrote:

Is there a mechanism lock (transportation lock) for this player?

----------------

I couldn't find one and there's no mention of one in the manual.

I took the cover off but that doesn't show me much. Only 2 of the 5 slots are visible from the top and they're empty. I don't think I'll get much more from the bottom. I don't want to force anything. The tray only moves a centimeter or so when I reach inside.

Gary,

Not good news. I am not familiar with that player, but that is a common boot error associated with most electronic controls. Usually a microprocessor controlled device will always go through a series of system tests at boot up. The processors are so fast now, it's almost instant, but everything in the system generally gets tested. An early boot test failed, such as program memory test or a RAM test, or maybe microprocessor self test.

I am guessing a serious problem. Hope not.

Let us know.

Luckily this has a 5 year warranty and IS transferable. After about 5 conversations with sony (short for morons), I found a local authorized service center who will fix it or get it replaced. Local meaning an hour drive. At least it'll work out in the end!

Thanks for all the support.