The difference between Liberals, Conservatives, and Southerners...

Deang

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Of course it only comes in .45, but I couldn't help myself -- I just had to see what you'd come back with. I just thought it was wierd that we were talking about defensive handgunning -- and you brought up a .50 Desert Eagle. Then later, you reveal you have a P220 -- a MUCH better weapon for this kind of thing."

So that was a trick question eh, Dean? For a moment I thought it comes in different caliber.

I love the .50 Desert Eagle, you can get thing done in one clean shot but since I can't easily conceal it on the go so I have to settle with the P220 (a very solid piece of firearms, BTW). Audio and firearms mix well don't you think.

Neo cracks me up. Goes by the name of a dimbulb character in a movie for bedroom nerds who actually think the movie is profound and fantasizes carrying a masturbatory .50 caliber pistol. With a laser no less, to project the Symbol of His Power even farther. Hilarious.

If you need protection, which you really don't, carry a .22 and learn how to shoot. Ah Hell, most of us would probably freak-out and panic if faced with a real desperado anyway. If you're ever stuck-up the son of a ***** is gonna have the drop on you anyway, go for your gun and get killed.

But you're never gonna be stuck-up anyway. You know, it's not like you guys are Daniel Boone or Jacob Wetzel travelling through Shawnee country. Nobody is after your hair.

Now I enjoy shooting and gun talk but this male fantasy of being in peril and "going for your gun" kills me. It must be the male version of the female "rescued from peril by Fabio" fantasy. No doubt some gun fantasizers also fantasize about Fabio and his pistol too. "As a ran my hand down the bright rigid barrel of his Python......" Never mind.

Unfortunately, neo, I'm digitally impaired. I've wanted Jeff to see a picture of them in another loving home, and to see the minor improvement from a Navaho mark. I just haven't had the technology to comply with my wishes. They are zebra striped, & have AVVT 2A3 tubes.

SSH

The Desert Eagle is a frightening piece of machinery. We were at the range once as the sun was going down, and as this guy was squeezing off rounds -- the muzzle flash was protruding 18" off the end of the barrel, and lighting up the benches on either side of him.

I guess guns are primarily a guy thing, so it's not really surprising that so many of us do both audio and shooting sports. I do like them both about the same, and at one time, I had much, much more into my weapons than my audio gear.

LOL, no, I think Tom's mostly right. Funny.

It's true, there ain't a damn thing you can do if someone gets the drop on you. Still, If I'm going to be struck with a case of IBS in the middle of the night because of some "noise", I'd prefer to experience it with a gun, rather than without one.

At any rate, plenty of arguments against the whole of what Tom is saying, but there is some truth in there.

Neo, your 50 cal with the laser scope shooting one handed. Come on!

Do yourself a favor and get some real training so if you ever need to use that tool to defend yourself in the wrong circumstances you will be effective with it.

For the record, I have had a 38 pointed in my face close enough to see the hollow points loaded in the revolver..... and I am the one here still enjoying my Klipsch Khorns.

JM

I don't see your point, Tad. Of the 20 years collecting firearms, no one in my family has been hurt by my own guns, I gained lots of respect among my peers at the ranges for my marksmanship, I have never been shot at and I always feel safe at night having a gun by my side.

"Neo, your 50 cal with the laser scope shooting one handed. Come on!"

No kidding, JM! Actually it's a laser pointer, not a scope. The .50 Desert Eagle is not that heavy and since it is gas operated, the recoil is much more tame than my .44 Smith & Wesson revolver. The heavier the gun, the more accurate I can shoot.

when I was taking TKD they taught us some very brief knife fighting technique....I carry both pepper spray and a 4 inch blade with me at all times (except for in school). I haven't had to use either yet, and I hope I never have to but I am ready to if the situation arises. neo, you must be a strong guy if you can shoot a desert E single handed 3.gif

Neo is actually right. The DE doesn't really weigh anymore than a SW Model 29, and IS easier to control. It's just hard for me to shoot with one hand because I can't get my hand all the way around the grip -- that sure doesn't mean Neo can't.

----------------

On 1/4/2004 10:13:17 PM ssh wrote:

TBrennan,

You are wrong.

SSH

----------------

Nah - He has it pretty close. I was kinda laughing along, then started to notice that some folks were serious about this.

I can shoot - quite well on good days - and I own 7 gunpowder based weapons. In my prime I qualified twice as a marksman w/ a .45. I hunt with rifle and shotgun depending on the game and depending on the area will carry a handgun for snakes and such. I am even considering the last job before retirement will be a dealer in antique guns.

That said - carrying a concealed weapon on the premise of protecting yourself in either Canada or the U.S. is a very interesting logic except for a very few places (regardless of what TV and Movies represent as the mean streets - there are very, very, very few places that bad).

As I prepare this next statement I can already hear the NRA pamphlets rattling open to debuke - but I will ask folks to be sure they are being factual when they contradict this (this request is based on me being very meticulous on facts and data). "More folks die (by over - get this - hundred and fifty fold) in accidents with guns loaded and accessable for self defense than do as the result of someone legitimately using their gun for self defense".

Geesh folks - doesn't that tell us something?

EDIT - his is from data that was collected by the FBI from police departments for 1998 - 2000.