The difference between Liberals, Conservatives, and Southerners...

Deang

A hot loaded .357 will take down bigger than average size game. For a human being, all you're doing is adding a big bill for new carpet and drywall.

Neo, at 25 feet, you could easily point, shoot, and hit your target just using the front sight. You could do it with a half-days practice. You don't need no stinkin laser. I never could shoot that thing, it's just too big for my hand -- and I'm not a small guy either.

Marvel, I like the polymer frames, some of them feel pretty good in the hand. I like Glocks, and think they are natural pointers. I just can't stand the trigger.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hammerless .38's are nice. Heck, that would make a nice primary carry piece -- just stuff it in your pocket. Something small you carry, is better than something big you don't.

Dayton isn't exactly the crime capital of the world, and I hardly go out anywhere. I never even kept any in the house loaded until my daughter started hanging out with "undesirables".

"Neo, at 25 feet, you could easily point, shoot, and hit your target just using the front sight. You could do it with a half-days practice. You don't need no stinkin laser."

Dean, with the laser I don't need to aim (especially in the dark), just point and pull the trigger with one hand! I never shoot a handgun with two hands.

I like the PPK because it IS small enough to carry easily. Yup, having it at home when you need it wouldn't help much.

I have a few friends who all like their 1911s. They also say they are rather easy to conceal.

Georgia has a reciprocal agreement with TN, KY, IN, MI, FL. That means I can carry in any of those states as well.

Took a handgun class once. Had a woman there from Texas. She did better than anybody, but she used a big, long barrel revolver. She said she could also take off the head of a cottonmouth at 30 ft with her slingshot! For some reason, I believed her.

Marvel

"If Ohio passes Conceal Carry, I don't really see me carrying but on the rarest of occasions. However, at those times, I would go with the Les Baer and level 2 carry (round chambered, hammer down)."

Dean, I hope they do. TN and GA both have pretty good laws to use as models.

I believe you will want to carry as much as practical when you are able. You need the familarity and the practice of wearing. It takes slightly different clothes. See miltsparks.com and ignore the prices; worth twice, I have 3 of his. Also see Thunderwear.com; very cool.

Us liberals have always used a 20 gauge over and under with grouse and woodcock engraved in silver alongside the chamber, with an improved cylinder choke for a great pattern at close ranges.

And yes, you are dropping and rolling and wondering what happened to that handgun with a caliber that started with 4.9.gif

The problem with carrying is sitting in the damn car. I've done it in the past when going into the crack infested sections of Dayton to pick up my daughter. I suppose I could go with a cross-draw. I like Milt Sparks. Cool guy, good stuff.

Always wanted a Browning Hi-Power, I just never got around to getting one.

"The Eagle is awesome, but it you dont carry it, it cant help you. (And Ill bet that you dont.) With the laser, that piece would be like toting a small bicycle in your pocket."

Any handgun can be concealed if you know how. Ever seen an Uzi concealed? Anyway, sometimes I carry the Sig Sauer P220 with me.

My Brother-in-law has a High Power. He had it midified, but I can't remember offhand what for. The Browning is Sweet. I also have a Beretta Cougar, but it feels pretty big for me, although it is really smooth.

Marvel

Of course it only comes in .45, but I couldn't help myself -- I just had to see what you'd come back with. I just thought it was wierd that we were talking about defensive handgunning -- and you brought up a .50 Desert Eagle. Then later, you reveal you have a P220 -- a MUCH better weapon for this kind of thing.