Speakers For Sale

BillS

I am assisting a friend who does not have internet access in selling two Klipsch Forte speakers and two Klipsch Heresy speakers. The Fortes were manufactured in 1989 and are in excellent working condition with no visible marks on cabinets. The manufacturing certificates on the back of each speaker has the initials "PW". It is believed that Paul Klipsch personally signed off on these two speakers and that they were the last to be manufactured prior to the split of his original company. I would be happy to provide any additional details to bona fide prospective buyers. Photos are also attached. There is also some incidental memorabilia that might be of interest such as the original manual for the speakers, letter of Paul Klipschs induction into the Engineering and Science Hall of Fame, invitation to Pauls 92nd Birthday, etc. Thanks!

post-14150-13819251323378_thumb.jpg

"It is believed that Paul Klipsch personally signed off on these two speakers and that they were the last to be manufactured prior to the split of his original company."

Possibly. However, it appears from the serial numbers that they were built 3 weeks apart, and they are not consecutive, so who knows...

it gets better......here is a copy of the e-mail he sent me....

Thank you for your interest in these speakers. The owner of the speakers, both the Forte's and the Heresy's and the memorabilia has indicated a selling price in the neighborhood of $4,000 US with the purchaser paying all shipping costs.

If you are still interested, please respond with questions you may have. If you have an alternative offer in mind, please respond with that as well.

BillS

i wonder what the last 3 letters in his name might be??

----------------

On 1/6/2004 10:50:50 AM Maron Horonzak wrote:

RICKTATE ...PAUL KLIPSCH SIGNED HIS NAME MANY WAYS SOME TIMES PWK OR PAUL OR PAUL W KLIPSCH PLUS OTHERS. I HAVE MANY IN MY POSSETION.
----------------

Maron, you are right. At an EE seminar (u of Ar. '78) he signed my original yellow BS t-shirt " nice design, J. Figby Blotz". No, Its not for sale.

tc

----------------

On 1/6/2004 11:54:31 AM TBrennan wrote:

Who cares if Klipsch signed the things anyway? He was just a businessman, big deal, it's not like he was a celebrity like oh, Jamie Farr. It's like saying I have a pizza for sale from Phil's Pizza at 35th and Halstead, signed by Phil himself!

----------------

The old speaker/pizza ANALogy,what a classic.How much for a pair of piazzo tweeters signed by Jamie Farr? Fini,are you out there,I need some help here.

2.gif

----------------

On 1/6/2004 10:50:50 AM Maron Horonzak wrote:

RICKTATE ...PAUL KLIPSCH SIGNED HIS NAME MANY WAYS SOME TIMES PWK OR PAUL OR PAUL W KLIPSCH PLUS OTHERS. I HAVE MANY IN MY POSSETION.

----------------

That's interesting. I wasn't aware of that. Think I've run across an occasional PWK signed speaker on Audiogon, but it was usually just initials.

Sometime in the last month or two, seems like there was a thread on this forum about the market value of PWK's signature on speakers. Perhaps I dreamed it, but as I recall I was surprised that the "enhanced value" did not turn out to be more than it was. Does anyone else recall the thread and the so called market value of a PWK signature on Klipsch speakers?

I got a good laugh from this thread.

Just recently on the 2-channel a guy was selling Khorns that were signed by Paul. I think it depends on the history of the speakers as much as them simply having the PWK signatures. I saw a pair of Khorns sell on ebay a year ago for $5600. They were exotic wood, mint condition, and owned by someone who was a sales rep and he got these as a bonus from PWK. Obviously that was worth a lot to somebody.

Greg