Potential Arkansas Forum Gathering

Daddy Dee

I've been considering serving as the host for a central Arkansas forum gathering sometime in the next few months. I'm wondering who is local to Arkansas and/or might have an interest in the gathering.

I live just 8 minutes from the airport in Little Rock, so it would be convenient in terms of geography.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

----------------

On 1/24/2004 2:32:40 PM DaddyDee wrote:

I've been considering serving as the host for a central Arkansas forum gathering sometime in the next few months. I'm wondering who is local to Arkansas and/or might have an interest in the gathering.

I live just 8 minutes from the airport in Little Rock, so it would be convenient in terms of geography.
----------------

Will Bill Clinton make a cameo?

----------------

On 1/24/2004 2:38:58 PM Piranha wrote:
----------------

Will Bill Clinton make a cameo?

----------------

Well, we could invite him and see if he shows up. Cotham's Mercantile is less than 1/2 mile from my house. That was one of Bill's hangouts. They have "hubcap cheesburgers" fried green tomatoes, onion rings and good catfish. The secret service didn't especially like the security in the rickety old (1918) store building, built on stilts over an oxbow lake.

Cotham's would be a definite candidate for lunch on the gathering day. If it's good enough for Barbara Streisand, it will be good enough for the Klipsch Krewe.

9.gif

Piranha,

Nope, won't make Chicago, but will be thinking of y'all.

Yep, Cotham's is definitely a good place. Another one of their menu highlights, is Mississippi Mud. One of those death by chocolate hot fudgecake type creations. (For those that don't worry about carbohydrate coma.) Usually half of one MM will serve a whole table.

Steve,

You've got ESP. That would be way cool to hear the JFL 2A3's.

We'll just need to get together on a workable date some weeks ahead.

Wrench Peddler has got kinfolks close by.

I could possibly make a gathering in Little Rock with some notice. I live in Houston and would probably drive. It would be great to meet fellow forum members!

----------------

On 1/24/2004 2:32:40 PM DaddyDee wrote:

----------------

----------------

On 1/24/2004 7:59:45 PM HornPenguin wrote:

I could possibly make a gathering in Little Rock with some notice. I live in Houston and would probably drive. It would be great to meet fellow forum members!

----------------

HornPenquin: You might also want to consider the DFW Hornheads as well. It's a closer drive for you.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DFW_Hornheads/

Dee, I would definitely be in. I live just outside of Fayetteville and my daughter lives in north LR. I would love to listen to some nice tube stuff and meet some BB guys in our area.All my klipsch buds in this corner of the state use SS and I don't have the opportunity to hear tubes and Klipsch. Who knows, you guys might have a "convert" on your hands.

If there is anything that I could do to help from this corner, let me know.( transportation from the northwest, or NXW, whatever)

thanks,

Terry

----------------

On 1/24/2004 10:53:59 PM 3dzapper wrote:

This is DD's listening chair, notice the large tube amp on the right. Whatever you do, don't put on the headphones!!!
6.gif6.gif6.gif

"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/files/Sparky.jpg" border="0">

Rick

----------------

Yes, Dean would love this. Definitely what you'd refer to as push-pull. Notice the chair is in the sweet spot.

Looks like we'd have a number of folks with interest in gathering.

----------------

On 1/24/2004 7:59:45 PM HornPenguin wrote:

----------------

We should be able to let folks know with several weeks notice. It could be worth looking at Southwest airlines from Houston to Little Rock. The prices are pretty cheap. We'd be glad to have someone meet you at the airport.