Smilin' Chi-town party - WOW

Audio Flynn

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/27/2004 6:08:43 PM garymd wrote:

Nice report. I'll give you a B+. 7 points off for grammer.
2.gif

Let me know which scott you want me to try out. I'm easy.
3.gif

Glad you guys had fun. Wish I could have been there. I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall to observe the Keystone Cops (you and Criag) with all the electrical problems cussing up a storm.
9.gif
----------------

B+ you $%&&$$&*&*((*(*^^&%&^&*^guy, whatcha talkin about, it's a frigin novela without my assistant OR spellcheck2.gif

Which one doyou want? the 233 or the 233 or th 233 or the 233

That was sat. wow am I glad that is over!!!!11.gif

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tillmbil,

Let's just say I'm glad I have my Mac's2.gifI think the fact that they hold their value says a lot about the sonic quality9.gif. Being a musician for most of my life and having an extremely wide palette of taste in music, I admit to being very sensitive to the sonic reproduction of recorded music - especially live recordings - which IMO are the recordings that stand the best chance of representing a soundstage (provided the recording engineer sets his mics correctly to capture to stage layout). The Mac's just shine when you have a well recorded piece of music. They also reveal any recording discrepencies. I've heard a lot of audio gear, but nothing has prompted me to change my pre and power amp yet.

MarkBK 2.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/27/2004 7:09:57 PM garymd wrote:

----------------

Which one doyou want? the 233 or the 233 or th 233 or the 233

That was sat. wow am I glad that is over!!!!
11.gif

----------------

How about the 233?
12.gif

----------------

You want it you got it!2.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/27/2004 6:57:57 PM NOSValves wrote:

Steve,

Well done !! I knew you could handle it all on your own. I was in tears laughing at your recapp of everything we went thru the first day !

----------------

Craig,

wipe the tears out, went thru HELL, now it's over get to work on the QS's and the REAL home brew you and I talked about. tubes 100 wattes minumum, yeah baby!

Btw it was great bei9ng with you, I know your better when you have sleep, I have 1st hand knowledge

3.gif smilin

----------------

On 1/27/2004 2:54:27 PM DeanG wrote:

I'm rather disappointed in this Push-Pull crowd. See, the SET guys are right, we have no sophistication. They would have had pictures, with full cardboard circuit diagrams above the gear, and more commentary than Gibbons.

What a bunch of wieners.

----------------

LMAO! that's funny

forrest

I'm still waiting on the pics! Maybe we should create a "Klipsch Party News Team" -- They fly in just to cover the party and don't get involved with the food and drinks -- just capture all the details. More at 11:00 .....

Marvel

lol.....yeah you may be right on the money there Dean. Perhaps he should talk to Sheltie and try and get some Dukanes in da house?

I like high SPL myself, but that SVS B-4 of Smilin's was scary. It is like a piece of furniture. HUGE! No wonder he blew his plumbing apart. My ears were ringing on the entire four hour flight back home. 9.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/27/2004 7:34:17 PM Marvel wrote:

I'm still waiting on the pics! Maybe we should create a "Klipsch Party News Team" -- They fly in just to cover the party and don't get involved with the food and drinks -- just capture all the details. More at 11:00 .....

Marvel
----------------

MarkBK, Piranhaman, post the pics already huh3.gif I spent hours writing that damn review

ya know12.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/27/2004 7:44:34 PM Piranha wrote:

lol.....yeah you may be right on the money there Dean. Perhaps he should talk to Sheltie and try and get some Dukanes in da house?

I like high SPL myself, but that SVS B-4 of Smilin's was scary. It is like a piece of furniture. HUGE! No wonder he blew his plumbing apart. My ears were ringing on the entire four hour flight back home.
9.gif
----------------

Was that before or B411.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/27/2004 7:39:27 PM DeanG wrote:

Smilin, you're just a high SPL freak. Maybe you just need to buy a PA system.
9.gif
----------------

Whatdidyasaycanthearya13.gif

----------------

On 1/27/2004 8:18:29 PM TBrennan wrote:

Piranha-----Now don't forget to get together with those S. Cal hornys like ESO and Bruce Edgar, some VERY wild stuff out there in the home of the Great Horn Gods.----------------

I would sure love to Tom. Oh, and thanks for the tip. You're truly a wealth of audio knowledge.

Can you possibly give me any more info on these two? How do I get into their social circles?

Thanks,

Sorry about the pics delay - I've been having the week from Hell - was at the office 17+hours Monday - here again Tuesday night wrestlin' Dell Server issues - if all goes well some pics tonight... ...especially Craig and Steve with the lampshades2.gif ... ...just kiddin' guys! uhhhh that pic didn't turn out9.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/27/2004 8:27:39 PM Piranha wrote:

I'll mail you a CD-R. I don't think people want them posted.
----------------

Post the equipment, edit/slice/dice