Trip to Indy II

Trey Cannon

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 2/17/2004 10:23:56 AM skonopa wrote:

I know last year, I only paid around $200 for a round-trip flight out of Reagan National. What you could do is come up here the night before and stay in my guest bedroom, we would then hop the train friday morning up to DC and fly out of Reagan National. Anyway, we got until June to figure it out. Like you said - We'll discuss it further.

----------------

The only thing that's sticking in my craw right now about flying is that I may have to bring some merchandise for delivery to some of the members (so I'm not actually breaking my distributor agreement by selling mail-order over the internet. If I don't mail it to you, I didn't sell it to you mail order, right? 2.gif )

----------------

On 2/18/2004 9:34:45 PM garymd wrote:

Let me know what you guys find out about airfare out of DC. I only live 15 minutes from BWI so I'll be checking rates there too.

----------------

Damn, Gary, you're that close?

Krikey! Even more reason for me to get our (by appointment only) showroom up, so I can start carrying Heritage!

Anyone got $80,000 laying around that they could lend me for a few months? 2.gif

----------------

On 2/18/2004 9:31:44 PM trey cannon wrote:

Thats our griff...always the sales man

9.gif

----------------

Well, I was told by a couple of my manufacturers that I am totally not allowed to sell over the internet. I don't want to p- them off, but I also want to take good care of the people that pretty much got me started into this venture (which would be my bros on the forum) - so what better way to handle both sides of the equation?

----------------

On 2/18/2004 9:34:45 PM garymd wrote:

Let me know what you guys find out about airfare out of DC. I only live 15 minutes from BWI so I'll be checking rates there too.

----------------

Or howabout this? Me, you and Griff all ride together. We could just start from my place (since it is central to the both of you). May save a little money, but yeah, it is a long trip (a good 12 hours).

As to airfare, I have not checked yet, figured I wait a little closer, may around April or May, I'll start really looking.

----------------

On 2/18/2004 10:48:31 PM tripod wrote:

Please note that I've started a new thread here in the general questions forum in the hopes of getting a clearer vote tally.

It's listed as "Trip to Indy Vote".

Clever title, huh?

----------------

Oh yeah, that is another reason why I haven't really started looking at airfare. Would like to wait until a date is finalized. All I know is if the date ends up being that last weekend in June, I am pretty much screwed, other than that, "this mission is a go!".

• 2 weeks later...
  • Klipsch Employees

OK,

We should have a date tide down by the end of the week.

What I need now is some ideas from you. What would you like to do and see while you are here?

Is there a product you would like to hear? (Omitting the Premier and Jubilee)

Is there any place you want to go while in Indy?

Are there any test that you would like to see run?

I am trying to put together an agendaany help you can give will be great.

We want this to be fun for you.

I too would like to hear some of the professional line. If possible set up a Heritage HT so visitors could hear, no experiance, what its potential is.

Then again Trey may have us over to his house which is a mix of Heritage and Pro equipment.

The subwoofers were a hit last year too. Comparing Klipsch to some of the competition.

Maybe you would let us test some of our home made speakers in the Chamber??

I liked seeing your testing equipment too.

More time visiting fellow members - You local guys have to come to the hotel Friday night. Friday night was a lot of fun last year.

JM

----------------

On 3/1/2004 5:44:18 PM trey cannon wrote:

What I need now is some ideas from you. What would you like to do and see while you are here?....I am trying to put together an agenda; any help you can give will be great.

----------------

Trey,

Would Fred Klipsch be interested in making an appearance? A few words, take a few questions (maybe!), or even attend the dinner if he's paying for one anyway again this year. There seems to be a rising respect and repute for what Klipsch is accomplishing that might be worth hearing about and discussing.

Could Roy Delgado or Jim Hunter give a talk, demo, and/or question and answer session, given the strong Heritage interest?

Larry

• Klipsch Employees

The Pilgrimage will be June 11 - 13.

I am sorry if this date does not fit in with everyones schedule. With the F-1 race and the Klipsch family picnic in June, that is the best date for us.

The suggestions you have made are just what I need. We will try to set up what you want

As we move forward with this we will build the agenda and post it for all to see.

Make your plansall are welcome!

Are there any test(s) that you would like to see run?

Tests??? LOL OK, if you must ask...

1) Obvious one here speaker cable.. take your best shot!!

2) I would be willing to bring in anything except the K horns to get tested and let people see what you do in the lab. (I assume you already have everything there too?)

3) Would love for someone to bring a competitors sub so we could test it next to the RSW 15 too. (SVS, others?)

4) Might be good to see equipment from Aragon too. I am sure you might find a few converts if you do. I am very impressed with mine!!

I loved what you did last year with the demo room of the reference stuff (video and audio) and the Heritage room too. I think a lot of us got a lot out of you (and other people in different departments) explaining what you do, and how the whole process works.

An informal get together Friday not too structured...(Hotel meet n greet if we could get a place to demo even better.) I think last year we started Sat off at say 9 am, lunch around noon and afternoon switch groups, etc., etc. 4 groups..(New Klipsch/Heritage/Engineering testing/ speaker cable test room) we were done around 4-5 ish??) We zipped to your house Trey for a HT demo... Then we were able to go to the Jazz Kitchen last year for dinner (Where Klipsch equipment was playing really great music...) That was very nice as well. Sat night people went out and just enjoyed Indy or went back to the Hotel for more fun. Sunday was a travel day to go back home for a lot of people. I think I remember some of us just met for lunch too.

Just remember, anything Klipsch decides to do will, I am sure, be great. I am not sure if I enjoyed meeting the faces to the names on this BB more or getting an inside look. (OK it was the inside look AND meeting/gaining knowledge too..from others.) In both cases, it was really nice of Klipsch to do this, let alone make sure we had a great time too. More important for Klipsch in the long run, I bought more Klipsch Speakers for my house last summer after the event.

Guest Anonymous

This SUCKS, it's my 15th anniversay, June 11th, my wife needs a operation, stress is at an all time high, and my only release is the Klipsch forum AARRRGGGHHHHH ****!!!!15.gif

----------------

On 3/2/2004 2:37:20 PM IndyKlipschFan wrote:

3) Would love for someone to bring a competitors sub so we could test it next to the RSW 15 too. (SVS, others?)

----------------

That would be sweet... anyone going have an SVS ??

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 3/2/2004 2:57:14 PM formica wrote:

----------------

On 3/2/2004 2:37:20 PM IndyKlipschFan wrote:

----------------

That would be sweet... anyone going have an SVS ??

----------------

Formica, if ya wanna come by and P/u my B4-plus to compare comon down15.gif cause i don't think I can make it

----------------

On 3/2/2004 2:56:35 PM smilin wrote:

This SUCKS, it's my 15th anniversay, June 11th, my wife needs a operation, stress is at an all time high, and my only release is the Klipsch forum AARRRGGGHHHHH ****!!!!
15.gif

----------------

Smilin'

Sorry to hear of the conflict. I'm trying to arrange attending too. Hope all goes well with your wife.

Still need to hook up with you on the Niles Switcher.

MarkBK