Best Movie Scenes for Klipsch Home Theater

Euell

Just thought of two more. While they may not be to everyone's taste, the movies actually do fantastic job of showing off your system. Very audio dynamic movies in my opinion....

Moulin Rouge

Chicago

Especially Moulin Rouge. Lots of great full bodied sound in that movie. Even if you don't like the movie, it's a good rent just to hear how well your system sounds.1.gif

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

--------------------------

Just thought of two more. While they may not be to everyone's taste, the movies actually do fantastic job of showing off your system. Very audio dynamic movies in my opinion....

Moulin Rouge

Chicago

Especially Moulin Rouge. Lots of great full bodied sound in that movie. Even if you don't like the movie, it's a good rent just to hear how well your system sounds.

---------------------------

hmmmmm. I like you description. "full bodied" really describes moulin rouge and chicago well.9.gif

----------------

On 3/2/2004 6:42:30 PM om13934 wrote:

Moulin Rouge

Chicago

Especially Moulin Rouge. Lots of great full bodied sound in that movie. Even if you don't like the movie, it's a good rent just to hear how well your system sounds.

hmmmmm. I like you description. "full bodied" really describes moulin rouge and chicago well.
9.gif

----------------

Interesting - I have Chicago - it's my wife's - never even considered it (or watched it)- will have to check it out.

----------------

Moulin Rouge

Chicago

hmmmmm. I like you description. "full bodied" really describes moulin rouge and chicago well.
9.gif

----------------

LOL! Yeah I guess so. never thought about it that way. 9.gif

----------------

On 3/2/2004 10:35:42 PM Euell wrote:

----------------

Moulin Rouge

Chicago

9.gif

----------------

Interesting - I have Chicago - it's my wife's - never even considered it (or watched it)- will have to check it out.

----------------

Yeah give it a shot, even if you don't like the movie, I think you will like how it makes your system sound.

But, I just can't seem to stop saying enough nice things about moulin rouge. I really makes your system shine.

While the title says best movies, most of the picks that I would have picked have been listed. But, one concert that I truely feel that makes Klipsch speakers "SING" is Alice N Chains - Unplugged. I always felt that acustic songs really brought out what a speaker is. I really think this DVD makes my Chorus II's sing a different tune than most speakers. If you haven't heard it, take a listen to it some time, it will make you see your Klipsch speakers in a different light.

----------------

On 3/1/2004 5:16:24 PM Euell wrote:

My son and I are toying with the idea of creating a demo disc with exerpts from these movies - what a great way to check out home theatre listening rooms and show off your HT setup.

----------------

I have made a few of these discs myself. I had a tough time figuring out how to do it, but I've got it down now. Let me know if you need any help. One thing I haven't figured out is how to make menus (for the demo discs). If you can give me any pointers, I'd appreciate it.

----------------

On 3/3/2004 12:55:08 AM toddvj wrote:

I have made a few of these discs myself. I had a tough time figuring out how to do it, but I've got it down now. Let me know if you need any help. One thing I haven't figured out is how to make menus (for the demo discs). If you can give me any pointers, I'd appreciate it.

----------------

I just bought a burner for my computer - most DVD burning software will allow you to build menus, but you've got to basically hand-make them in a graphics program.

If you know of a program that allows you to make menus and add scenes with full quality picture and 5.1 surround, I'd be interested in trying it out. I can put menus on my home videos, no problem, but they are just video from my camcorder with stereo sound. I should mention, I haven't tried THAT hard to do menus, but would love it if someone gives me an easy way.2.gif

----------------

On 3/3/2004 12:55:08 AM toddvj wrote:

----------------

Todd, if you don't mind, I would be very interested in knowing this myself. Sounds like a really great idea.

I would like to add FIGHT CLUB. Try 2 scenes:

1. The one where Edward Norton's character prays for a plane crash in mid-air (maybe 8th scene or so?). The surrounds are especially bass heavy!

2. Final scene when Edward Norton pulls the trigger (don't want to give away the ending though).

YES!!

my receiver,although 3+yrs.old,was WAY ahead of its time, and has a rs232 port for upgrades (i'm on v.2.02)

it allows for bass-management settings for front,center,and surrounds independantly.

i have the fronts set to 40Hz,and the center and surrounds at 60Hz.

when i get my klf-20 and 'HornEd-zontalize'it i will change the center to 40Hz as well.

if you have rf-7's set at 80Hz, you might as well have gotten rb-75's...

avman.

Another scene for wall-shaking bass is in Finding Nemo when the submarine slides down. The bass in this scene rivals the avalance in XXX.

Another kids movie: Monster's Inc. There is some great pounding bass in the very early stages of that movie when the dinosaur crosses the road-pretty cool.

David

----------------

On 3/3/2004 4:05:21 PM dkp wrote:

Another kids movie: Monster's Inc. There is some great pounding bass in the very early stages of that movie when the dinosaur crosses the road-pretty cool.

David

----------------

Ah yeah, as well as evertime the little girl giggles and causes the energy surge1.gif