Why ARE you here? A/S/L

I'm here to be helpful by sharing what I know, and to learn about the things I don't know. The latter dwarfs the former, so I try to keep the lurk:post ratio within appropriate bounds.

35/M/married/no kids yet/Visalia, CA. Visalia is what Everett McGill would call a geographical oddity -- it's two hours from everywere.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/1/2004 1:05:40 PM IndyKlipschFan wrote:

1) Why am I here?

I come to learn about stereo audio speakers/ HT/ and general audio and help people and share ideas.

2) 42/ Male/ Indianapolis,Indiana. USA

----------------

I've been asking that question my whole life - why are we here - how do we really know that we are here... where is here anyway? ........

After years of ignoring my audio hobby, I've returned, in part due to Home Theater interests. This in turn brought me back into listening to music again - something I use to do every day, especially in my past life as a musician. Owning Cornwalls for 20plus years and tube gear for 10plus - I looked to the forum when looking to solve the WAF about the CW's. Was pleasantly surprised to see a VERY active group who share my preference for Klipsch speakers, tube electronics, etc. I find the forum offers a great deal of shared knowledge from our collective experiences and enjoy participating in the discussion...and like the rest of the forum gang, I know my opinions are much more accurate than those who disagree with me11.gif2.gif2.gif

Location: Lombard, IL - suburb of Chicago - 51, 3 kids and still rockin'9.gif10.gif2.gif

>I love a rainy night, and participate in muskrat love. There, I've said it.

fini - is muskrat love as good as conjugal visit prison sex? 6.gif

I'm here mostly to learn and add my 2 cents worth when I feel there's something to contribute. I've been interested in hi-fi since working at a high-end audio store (where I bought my Heresys and met PWK in 1979) during college. This is a great forum to keep up-to-date on equipment and trends. And although I feel I may never get the chance to hear my Cornwalls with tubes (because I'm too chicken sh*t to try it), I nevertheless like to read about others' experiences with tubes and try to educate myself about tubes.

I live just outside of Savannah, GA. Been here for 19 years. Work for a corporate jet manufacturer. Love motorcycles, boats, tennis and audio stuff. Love my wife and stepdaughter even more. 1.gif

Tom

I myself am here to entertain you people, form a veiw point as to have tried everything once, making Klipschorns type D into a 6 foot Altec mod, then restoring them back to a better model as to a Klipschorn type C, also i have tried earthquake subs in the Klipschorns, they have been stock once again for some time now, my new TSCM is stock, as well as the rest of my Klipsch, Klipschorns, Cormwall2 1989, and heresys, the communitys as you all have guessed are just sitting here hardly used since i got my TSCM center.

I am 39 years old, have been thruogh a lot, and i am still going through it, we are winning the battle.

I have treid several mods just to TRY it, always went back to the original specs.

I am an audiophile 28 years in the running now, why stop tomorrow.

I may seem crazy, due to the things ive done, but i am a lot more knowledgable than most think, ask me something i can answer it.I am one of the very few who knows the Klipschorn inside and out, when i had the 1980 model, i taught myself the entire structure of the bass bin, Marksdad is still enjoying them today, and yes i do miss my black beauties.

If i were to get Belles, or La Scalas i would have a fully horn loaded H/T system, i dont see any harm in that.

I do need to Acurus this system, simular to what Indyklipschfan has.

Indy has been my freind, and has supported me and my wife through some very hard times for 3 years now, if not longer, thank you Roger.

I love this forum, hard to live without being here daily.

As of right now, due to the size of my house, and my 3 children i am fully HORNED OUT no more room, if i find La Scalas, or Belles i will sell my heresys and cornwall2s, only due to room issues.

Or maybe not, i would hate to part with my cornwalls for the 3rd time.When i sold the first 2 sets of cornwalls i still dont think im over it.

I still miss them, but if i go visit John Ellis i can listen to them once again.

Rick Tate is another very good freind of mine, who has also been wanting Klipschorns for a long time, if anyone could help him out that would be great, the ones i find are 1000 miles away from him if not more LOL! KC MO area.

Have a good day guys, find a TSCM perfect Klipschorn center its unreal. Well all in all it is an actual Klipschorn.

Jim Cornell

Town of Empire POP 324

Colorado Regards Jim

9.gif

I first stumbled into this forum looking for the next larger set of speakers to compliment the Heresys I bought to use as a sound system. I stayed because the advice is great. I've been turned on to Helen Merril, Chet Baker, Duke Pearson, Diana Krall, Dianne Reeves, etc. through the suggestions on various threads, and I bought into the 'tube amp' mantras floating around. Now I've gone and purchased ANOTHER tube amp (Scott 222B) and ANOTHER set of Heresys. (for my kid, 12).

I will own Khorns someday. I know it.

I know NOTHING about tubes except they sure make my Cornwalls sing. I read all the techie posts hoping some of it will sink in.

I'm male/45/Bowling Green, KY

I'm here for all of the good info, advice, experience of others, and the chance to share with others who feel audio is something to be experienced, not just a source for background music while cooking dinner or reading the paper. Seems there are too few people these days that appreciate music for musics sake, or the feeling that a truly quality sound system can provide. In my search for locals that have an interest in tube equipment, I have gotten many varied replies, from "Why would yo want to have that old crap?" to "Yeah, I have a stereo, but I forget what brand". Nice to have a place to come to where I feel I can relate to what people are talking about, even if I am still in the "Wanna Have" portion of the group and learning more every day I get here.

42 yo married male, Middle Of Nowhere, Minnesota.

I had a lack of ability to control my urges. It started so simple. I just wanted to upgrade our home stereo's 2 channel receiver. Really, that was it. Now I have my own little mini movie theater. I really need to learn to keep those urges that result in mass monitary depletion in check. 4.gif

I stay because of all the great people here.

Oh... m/36/oregon.

Why am I here?!?!? Well about 25 years ago still a teenager I heard about these things called Klipschorns. And I got intrigued, obsessed, mesmerized and just had to hear them. Stereo systems/music have always been a minor obsession with me. So, I joined the Navy shortly after high school and I actually chose orders to Yokosuka Japan because I heard the deals on audio equip there were legendary and they were. At 22 I bought my La Scala's and a Denon/DBX/Nakamichi powered system to make my La Scala's sing and sing they did. Now 20 years later I still have the La Scala's (its likely Ill be buried with them), a Yamaha RX-V3300 receiver. Most of my system is in the upgrade category meaning it needs to be replaced. I have a set of RB-15's filling the temp roll of rear surrounds and an RC 3II as my center. Hopefully before too long I'll have 4 Heresys to go with the La Scala's. I come to the forum because I find the wealth of experience and occasional pitching of shiite is both valuable and entertaining.

I am 42/Male/married/ and live in San Marcos, CA.

And remember got no highs and got no lows must be Bose.

I'm here because we had a chimney fire last year and I needed help cleaning the soot from my cornwalls. My wife suggested I try the klipsch website where I found this forum. Boy does she regret that recommendation.

6 tube amps, 3 tube preamps, 4 pairs of speakers, 1 TT, 2 cd players and 2,000 or so lps and cds later, I'm still here. I've discovered new music through the forum I never expected to enjoy so much and met countless people I hope will be lifetime friends.

My name is Gary. I'm a Klipschforumaholic.1.gif

43 years old, married with 2 kids (16 & 21), Baltimore, Maryland

45, male, minneapolis, divorced with two awesome girls - ages 5 and 9.....

currently unemployed...... looking for a high paying job where i don't have to work too hard....2.gif

here to learn more about these awesome speakers made by klipsch.....

i have KLF-30'S but someday hope to have k-horns.......

1.gif

I hesitate to answer for the same reason that Master John Ellis will not reply to the question.

Owned Klipsch from 1968 to present. Cornwall, Khorns, LaS, Mod-H, multiples of, and at present, the chosen CORNWALL bass bins.(X 4 in 2 channel)

Came here to teach PWK, but the teacher became a student. Here now to learn tubes and potential CW mods.

54 years old, and as always, IB Slammin with modified CWs.

Terry

Why am I here?

I'm very new to the forum - been lurking for years & reading a lot, never posted much. It's a hell of a resource for people who love music. We're all fans of Klipsch, but Klipsch has always been about the music & not the way the box looks. Been listening to Klipsch off & on for a couple of decades now.

43, New Orleans area.

Rough day at the office? A 110 db of Blues rock & a tall scotch sorts it out... like right now.9.gif

Doug (AKA "James", "JD" or "Fathead") McCall, age 47 (ouch!) - cornwalls from '85 to '93, klipschorns from '98 to infinity (but not beyond). added a belle center last year. looking to swap rs7's for heresy II's this year.

I'm just here to share the love, and to groove on the funky vibe

I'm in Nevada, Missouri (app. 100miles S of KC)

I started lurking here because I've become really interested in high efficiency speakers and SET amps. I already own and love some PP tubes and pair of RF 3II's. I am trying to help decide which upgrade path to follow in future from learning from some of the people on this board. I don't post all that often, but I check the board on a daily basis, usually.

Male, 33, Moline, IL.

I am here mostly because I had an excellent high school physics teacher. He, as a ham, was very concerned with impedance matching. This is why horns work.

Many years later I took a course in transmission line theory which is, again, about impedance matching, reflections,0 and more. Horns are a type of transmission line.

PWK's approach is an embodiment of good designs based on those theories. The result is clear music. I like music.

Naturally I agree there is a good crowd here, which is all the more reason to hang out.

Gil