OT: what kind of car does everyone have?

Rdmarsiii

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

80 Z28 BLACK AND SILVER, 60,000 original miles, 100% original.

56 chevy 2 door hardtop, had it 25 years and it still aint restored, lack of time and funds, most likly will be my retirement project 20 years from now.

97 chevy ex cab 4 wheel drive, gas hog but a sharp looking truck.

95 voyager van to haul my kids around, and keep the old lady happy.LOL.

I dont know what to spend my hard earned money on more cars or more stereo equipment.

1997 Camry V6 5-speed (not many V6 5-speed around) - VERY good condition less a few MINOR COSMETIC details (like ink stain on the inside of the drivers side sun visor, little stuff like that)

I plan to redo the suspension (springs, struts, and sway bars - little under $1000 for the parts.) I have very nice, grippy Falken Xenius Xi-362 tires on the stock steelies, and I plan to keep it like that. No one notices, and I don't worry about curbing them or getting them jacked. I have 4-wheel discs and ABS (same brake system from the Lexus ES300), and I might get some slotten rotors if or when the stock ones die.

The big thing is Toyota makes a supercharger for the car. Bolt on (6 hours), and according to Toyota, end users, and other people, there is NO ADDITIONAL ENGINE WEAR. What does it do? Takes a very respectible 195 HP and 210 lb. ft. of torque and takes them up to 300 HP and 300 lb. ft. of torque!!! People run 13's in this car!!! That would be $3000 including installation. If I have this car in 5 years, I might do it, but as it is now, I run 0-60 in 7.5 seconds, and for a FWD family car, that is OK. I would rather spend that $3000 on a down payment on a Subaru WRX STi or the like.

Anyway, I like my car, it is powerful, but I need to make it a bit lighter on its feet, the suspension is hardly OK for the way I like to drive.

Jeez.

I guess I'm the "jalopy" contingent, then:

1982 Honda Prelude (277K miles, about to attempt a last-ditch effort to rebuild the carb, otherwise she's done)

1990 Subaru Legacy Wagon (210K, running decent)

1990 Toyota Tercel Wagon (272K, needs a new head gasket, not sure if I'm going to spend the time or $$ to fix it)

9.gif

That's cool, though. In a few more years, I'll be buying the used versions of what you own now, except I'll have bought them for about $2K instead of $40K! 9.gif

2003 Crown Vic LX Sport. Handling suspension, V-8 with real duals (an exhaust pipe for each bank of cylinders unlike cheesy Honda, Accura and Pontiac V-6s that "Y" off 2 tailpipes from a single exhaust), 17" wheels, ABS, traction control, leather buckets----yadda-yadda.

The ultimate expression of the traditional manly American V-8, body-on-frame, rear-drive car. Car goes like Hell and handles and brakes very well. And people get out'a my way. Cruise in comfort all day. And the ultimate anti-Yuppie car. I love it.

post-6913-13819253306248_thumb.jpg