Beautiful Belle's on Ebay

Gilbert

I was thinking just that Rick. Maybe they'd take a pair of altecs and some cash.3.gif Chances are, if they're getting rid of those, they're not in the market for giant square speakers.6.gif

They are very nice looking belles. Just a tad on the pricy side though. For that much I'd wait for a pair of the big boys.

Gary,

If you look at his other auctions he has quite a bit of high end gear( and takes all his pictures in that driveway, why?) In his auction fot the OTL amp he lists his phone number.

Like I said, I can pick them up for you and keep them for a couple of years until you make room for them in your refrigerator box. Between the Blueberry and the Wright Mono 10s, I'm close to stopping by the dumpster at Lowes to pick one up!6.gif2.gif

Last night, when I went up to bed, my closet was empty! I quickly checked the front lawn but then I found that my shirts had been moved to the walk in closet. WHEW!!!!!!9.gif

Rick

They were gone before i got to see them up for sale. It was the wife`s birthday and she would not have been happy with me for spending the money on myself on her special day.

Gilbert what did you think of the track in Bahrain? If they could just control the sand and dirt on the track it would be even better. Look`s like that prancing stallion is at it again this year! Bill

----------------

On 4/11/2004 6:13:08 PM Gilbert wrote:

They are absolute beauties.......HAPPY EASTER!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14993&item=3091226512&rd=1

----------------

Really don't understand how come Belles,which are in the same league with Lascala are so expansive??? Is because the cabinet wood work ??...because they looks great if you compare with Lascala.....but nothing more to me.

And many of them sold for the same price you can get Klipschorns.....

To me nothing compare with K-horns !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Belles cost more for several reasons:

1. There are less of them available

2. They cost more to begin with (that additional grillwork ain't cheap)

3. They look better (PWK designed it to be a pretty version of a LaScala)

Yes, you are correct - the Klipschorns can be purchased for what Belles go for - but not everyone can have Klipschorns (including me - that's why I have Belles).

----------------

On 4/12/2004 11:09:54 AM Audible Nectar wrote:

Belles cost more for several reasons:

1. There are less of them available

2. They cost more to begin with (that additional grillwork ain't cheap)

3. They look better (PWK designed it to be a pretty version of a LaScala)

Yes, you are correct - the Klipschorns can be purchased for what Belles go for - but not everyone can have Klipschorns (including me - that's why I have Belles).

----------------

You are right but still think Belles don't worth double price of Lascala.

Same sound in upgraded furniture.9.gif

The Belles are close to being Khorns, lacking only the soundstage and bass dominance when pushed. The scalas are almost ugly when placed by the belles.

This paticular set of Belles was exceptional, so they commanded a top price. Guess what a 1975 set of Bird's eye maple, or Rosewood Khorns, would command. They would be close to a new set of Khorns for the initial offer.

----------------

On 4/12/2004 12:00:06 PM sheltie dave wrote:

The Belles are close to being Khorns

----------------

Is closer to Lascala....NO way to Klipschorns

All you pay is for design and nice furniture.

That is a beautiful hourglass pattern. Soundbug always gets a pretty penny for his merchandise. However, he cleans it, tests it, and guarantees it will be in good working order when you get it, and he moves great looking stuff.

Both the Belles and La Scalas can be talked about in the same breath as Khorns. While the Khorns are the king of the Klipsch mountain, the two junior partners kick some serious *** as well. It is like three gorgeous young ladies at the beach. One is Miss America, and the other two are a beautiful redhead and a knockout blonde.

We had some friends over last weekend, and I only got one offer from someone to buy the Khorns - for free. The Belles got a $1500 offer, and the Scalas received a $1000 offer. When you are talking about speakers that will dominate a room, the value is much more for a dining room set than a rec room set.

I owned a pair of the UGLIEST walnut Belles you ever saw--they served as house speakers in a Fraternity near USC and were as beat as you could imagine--lots of deep gouges, veneer missing, GRILLES missing and a pair of blown tweeters as well. I got them for $300 and planned to restore them and replace my Cornwalls. I rebuilt the tweeters and rewired them and lived with them for a couple of weeks and just couldn't get used to the way they sounded--the bass seemed so thin to me. Perhaps I should have given them a longer test--let my ears adjust to the horn loaded bass and grow to really appreciate it , but they were SOOO much more bulky and SOOO butt ugly (even in mint condition I think they're kinda ugly) I sold them as found (with repaired tweeters) for a nice little profit.

kj5dq: I liked the track alot, weighing in with a $150 million dollar price tag, it is the most expensive track today. And,yes, it certainly looks like the Great One (M. Shummi) will be taking his 7th world title.

The race commentators mentioned that the sand surrounding the track was actually sprayed with an adhesive. The track in China will also be new to the F1, as will the reopening of Spa. I'm also glad Montreal will be hosting a race this year. There was some talk that Bernie E. was going to drop Montreal because of their stance on Tabacco sponsors, i.e. Anti Tobacco.

Anyway, so much for the Formula One off-shoot. I did want those Belle's. I was in the middle of getting a shipping quote (which came in at $250, for delivery to OK) on them, when someone scarfed them up.

Oh well, maybe the next pair.

See Ya!

Ditto on Tom Mobley's and Sheltie Dave's comments on Mark Voight (soundbug). Mark lists some very cool equipment, and I would buy from him in a heartbeat. How many times do you see stuff on Ebay that is tested and guaranteed? Even people with the resources to test seem to always sell their gear "as is due to age." Mark is somewhat unique on Ebay for actually standing behind his stuff.

A couple of years ago, Mark took the time to send me a detailed email answering questions I had about a set of Cornwalls that were for sale relatively close to me in Oregon (they were advertised on the Forum). I had emailed Mark on a whim because he had recently sold a pair of Cornwalls on Ebay. Mark had no interest in the sale in Oregon, other than being a dedicated audio lover helping to steer someone to good equipment. Of course that's what this Forum is all about, and I've certainly received lots of help from everyone here since then.

In defense of the price of Belles, their used price is proportional to what they sold for when they were new--about twice the cost of LaScalas! HDBR builder will tell you there is a lot of additional labor and materials in the Belles. Also higher retail means fewer were sold over the years, so they're harder to find, and they hold their value!

My 1960 khorns still have no corners to live in, and I'm hoping to convert the garage to a Khorn room this summer. I sold my 1977 Belles to Paul Parrot in January, but seller's remorse set in right away. My living room sound has been really lacking since the Belles left the scene. I tried to score some decent LaScalas to replace them but no luck, so I drove to Spokane (about 800 miles RT) and picked up some 1975 Belles two weeks ago. They may not be Khorns, but the Belles go into spaces where Khorns (and even LaScalas) just don't fit--and they sound damn good!

Best in horns,

triceratops