Klipsch Knockoffs - Shinall..Have You Seen These?

gullahisland

Andy or Mr. P might know, but there was some connection between Shinall and Klipsch. He has sold gorgeous handmade single Belles on Audiogon before, and the work of his I have seen has been top notch and extremely sympathetic with PWk's vision. Not being disrespectful of Seattleites, but these are not early Speakerlabs! They too are furniture quality.

I still love my real Klipsch9.gif

No sweat they except trades! LMAO

"Shinall and Company will accept trade-ins for McIntosh Amplifiers, McIntosh Pre-Amps, McIntosh Tuners, McIntosh CD Players and Klipschhorn Speaker Systems as well as other Klipsch speaker models."

Thanks for the good chuckle Shinall.

Rick

I think they don't want to sell alot of speakers with this cavet.........

"Shinall and Company is a very small company located in Spring, Texas just 30 miles north of downtown Houston. We do not package our speaker products, but arrangements can be made for shipment. Deliveries can be made for local sales within 250 miles of Houston. Texas residents are subject to Texas Sales Tax. "

Be mindful of what Paul Klipsch said about speaker building, that people think you just get some good drivers and throw them in a box and they'll sound good. Not so. The quality of construction is of paramount importance. He even placed it above driver quality, IIRC.

The Belle I laid hands on was a slightly larger duplicate. Solid walnut exterior boards, beautiful, Klipsch guts with custom crossover. Good quality. The biggest difference is the exchange ratio in buy/sell compared to the Klipsch. My one friend said it was looking at a Ford GT40, and then a Bradley GT40. Course, Stan is a lucky dog and has the real GT409.gif

Interesting. They claim 30 Hz - 20 KHz ± 5 db for their XA12 model. Doubtful with a 12" woofer?

My brother lives about 35 miles from their location. I should ask him to go over and check them out. He owns Klipschorns, Lascalas, Cornwall 1s and IIs, so he should know what to look for.