Wow!! - My system sounds Great !!

Cut-Throat

----------------

On 4/29/2004 6:32:49 PM Allan Songer wrote:

I did NOT disagree with the "overly" part of your statement. I think you're right--this story did NOT seem to be racist to me. I was just chiming in to help explain WHY many Black Americans have such strong reactions to anything that reeks just a bit of racism, that's all . . .
----------------

Fair enough. I can respect that.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 4/29/2004 6:26:42 PM NOSValves wrote:

Rdmarsiii

Ignore him he is not worth the response. In reality he is the one with the race problem.

Craig

----------------

It's unfortunate that you should choose this path, though I certainly am not surprised.

There are many things that are not recognized as offensive by the majority population until someone brings it into the open. I did not accuse the poster of being a racist, but that I felt his remarks were out of place. It should be somewhat evident that even the poster recognized that his remarks might be offensive to some, otherwise he would not have said so. You have the same reading comprehension problems as before, always ready and willing to make accusations. Nothing has changed. Pathetic!

Klipsch out.

PS. Kevin,

Sorry for the departure from topic.

Allan, I really don't think he meant it to be a racist comment as much as a reflection of his experience on the bus, being the minority and being exposed (sounds more like immersed) to the preferances of the other people on the bus. Living in the Middle Of Nowhere, MN for the last 12 years has been a lot different than when I lived in Minneapolis. Although the minority population is a lot smaller here, they seem to flow into the community without much notice as to skin color. They get up, go to work, have a good or bad day, go home, take the kids to little league and go home to dinner and bed just like every one else. In Minneapolis, I knew people that were openly racist. Up here, everyone just seems to get along better. Although I don't know you that well, I have enjoyed reading your posts since becoming a member here, and though you have a black artist (possibly you with the Vulvarines?) on your avitar, I didn't know if you were black or not, nor did I care. Even though I somewhat agree with your statement that we, as a whole, are a racist society, I also feel that's painting with a pretty broad brush. Not trying to sweep it under the carpet, but please don't cover me with that coat of paint. Yeah it's out there, and probably more so in bigger cities or the South, but not everywhere. Admittedly, I have ran across some people in this area that still refer to blacks with the n word, but they usually have an 8th grade education and 4 teeth. Thankfully, they are in the vast minority.

See the thread re "Went shopping today". People are discriminated against for a lot of reasons besides skin color. I've experienced that myself on many occasions, I stop into someplace after work, have my work uniform on, (mechanics striped shirt, brown poly pants, work boots, dirty nails, maybe a grease glob on the back of my neck I missed when I washed up) and want to look at a car, boat, house, what have you, that is a considerable chunk of money. Peoples opinion of what I'm capable of spending change a lot if they find out I own the business instead of being an employee. (We do a lot of radio advertising, most people within 75-100 miles at least know of us.) I think that discrimination based on income is as much as, if not more so, that based on race.

Dang it anyway, I try and stay out of these type threads, and feel I have been doing pretty good till now. 15.gif

On topic, I can only imagine how much better my poor old little KG4's with SS front end is going to sound once we get the house built. For the last 10 years they have been spaced about 8 feet out from the corner along adjacent walls, with the right one almost invisible behind the end of the couch. Can't wait to get em out into their own space, out from the wall a little, and hear what they can really do again. I know they ain't much compared to a lot of you guys's systems, but things WILL get better. I'm studying and learning a lot here.

----------------

On 4/29/2004 5:10:22 PM Cut-Throat wrote:

Danny,

Yes, I caught some fish. I fished the Snake River in Jackson Hole and the Missouri in Montana. Snake River Fine Spotted Cutthroat Trout, Rainbow and Browns in the Missouri.

Here is a Brown Trout I caught on a tiny Dry Fly.

f8ddf156.jpg

----------------

There is some beautiful, and impressive geography in the Jackson Hole area, with cold clear streams. I hope to get there again in the next year or two to re-ski that mountain. It is a great challenge.

Klipsch out.

I forgot.

Cut-Throat, that is a wonderfully composed image of a wonderful looking fish. I fish a lot, but for bass mainly, wouldn't go as far as semi-pro, but I am the pres of our local B.A.S.S club and do a dozen or so cash tournys every year. I also have a friend that is one of the on-call, or whatever you'd call it, photographers for In-Fisherman magazine here in Brainerd, and I think he'd be very impressed with the way you structured that image. Great job.

I have noticed that after my system is on and playing music that it sounds faster and more alive after three hours or so, I really don't know why it's that way but it seems that way to me, also it sounds better if I really want to listen to it bad, and if I'am in a great mood, If i'am tied and not really into listen to music it just sounds ok nothing special. I think how you feel can effect the way the music will sound.1.gif

I just like to get home to my system after work. It usually sounds great (tube-blow outs and visiting digital amps not withstanding).

And yes when I have been away from it for a while it amazes me.

(Not to bring up the sub-topic that seems to have died - but I am with Edmond on this one. That story made me cringe and smacks of sterotyping if not open racism. In my limited experience racism is rarely open, of course, it dwells in the gutter of society and emerges unannounced, subtly at first only to daub a swastika, vandalize a Synagogue what have you before you know it.

Of course timing is everything. At this moment a pan-European meeting is ongoing on the subject of anti-semitism across the continent. In many countries it is a growing problem it seems.

Why are the lessons of history never learnt?

Rant over)

Skiing in Jackson Hole. Steep mountain runs, lots of fog.. clouds(something)when I get off the chair lift at the top of the moutain. Main lift at the bottom has a crazy straight down drop for about 200 yards that sends you flying back into the lift lines.

One bowl or Valley in the front middle of the mountain that keeps you high on the sides unless you really want to go fastdown the center. Powder every where with few blue rins, lots of black. Great resturants and food. The mule deer come into town at night and can be fed apples by hand...AHH THE MEMORIES

Any of this sound familiar Edmund?

The world is a racist, bigoted place: even after the atrocities of the Holocaust, there is still genocide today.

A black man was sight seeing a few years ago on the luxurious island of Palm Beach. The police pulled him over and questioned him for no good reason. Turns out the man was a federal judge and sued the city for $40,000.

It is very hard for me to review all of the dozens of mediocre cone loudspeakers out there, especially with my low powered equipment. It always takes me weeks to get used to the sound and start looking for things that the loudspeakers actually do right. When I put my system back together again, I am always thrilled with how much enjoyment it bring to the music, whatever its faults, flaw or foibles may be.

I love skiing the day after the powder falls, it is almost better than sex!

3.gif

ah, with minnows like that you should be able to catch some nice fish.

I think it is a good sign that after your ears have been "reset" by real, non-electronically moderated sounds for an extended period, that your spread sounds good.

Probably would sound even better with a turntable.

----------------

On 4/30/2004 7:02:14 AM tillmbil wrote:

Skiing in Jackson Hole. Steep mountain runs, lots of fog.. clouds(something)when I get off the chair lift at the top of the moutain. Main lift at the bottom has a crazy straight down drop for about 200 yards that sends you flying back into the lift lines.

One bowl or Valley in the front middle of the mountain that keeps you high on the sides unless you really want to go fastdown the center. Powder every where with few blue rins, lots of black. Great resturants and food. The mule deer come into town at night and can be fed apples by hand...AHH THE MEMORIES

Any of this sound familiar Edmund?

----------------

tillmbil,

I am excellent skier and somewhat of an extreme skiier, bred through my years living in the Sierras here in California, and working at a ski area that allowed it's employees to ski EVERYDAY. I've probably skied most of the most difficult terrain at western US resorts. The great steep terrain is the appeal of Jackson Hole for myself and my close ski buddies, who were my everyday ski buds when we all worked together. The most difficult thing I experienced at Jackson Hole was trying to stay warm on those butt-biting cold days while riding the lifts. As often posted at ski areas, "KEEP YOUR TIPS UP".

Klipsch out.

Cool pictures. Post more if you get a chance. I bet the fish tasted wonderful. Cooked around a campfire I hope.

Beautiful scenery. I have only been as far as Denver, but who knows what the future has in store.

How this thread can turn the way it did is beyond me. I cant remember the person who responded with the bus trip, but isnt he like 16 years old or something. Hes young and dumb, just like we all were (at least I was). Im now older (Ill be 50 next week) and still dumb. Want to hear about injustice come on down to Bham. Right across the street from my office is the 16th Street Baptist Church. Thats the one that was bombed by the redneck KKK chickensqats that killed four little black girls in the 60's.

Life inhales sometimes, but its all we got.

Now I feel like an idiot for keeping this thread going.

Danny

Jazzman,

Being a Florida native I am a better water skier than snow. took out half of my ACL at Winter Park jumping mogles. Love Colorado (Vail or Stemaboat)the most. Went to New Hampshire a year ago with the 10 year old and skied Cannon, Loon and some other Park. Lincoln or something like that. It is great watching young kids who aren't afraid ski the slopes.

Extreme skiing, you can have it. Dangerous...takes Huevos that I no longer have. If you have done Vail you might remember the back side when there was only one lift. Facing the mountain I went off the right side and traversed to the lift. That was as extreme as I have done.

Cut-Throat, the more I think about it the more I can familiarize with your post. After hunting for a week in mostly silence it is always good to get home the the two channel system. I can appreciate silence for awhile but music takes the edge off like an ice cold beer.

Hi, Kevin!

You're using the AVA preamp with the DRDs, aren't you?

edit: And, from the position of the towering Tetons behind you, Marie and I camped very close to where you are crouched holding that floppy fish. We were on our way up to the North West Territories and South Eastern Alaska -- a hell of a long drive from Texam, I can tell you that! We couldn't take turns driving 'cause Marie hadn't learned how to drive yet. We were just 22 and 23 years old then, and she just never had the opportunity to take lessons -- and why I'm going off on this rant I have no idea! (I guess it's better than the other subject the slithered into this thread though -- ugh.)

Erik