I might be stupid...but is way too much......

tcb

Few points:

1. Lets wait to see if the deal completes. IT wouldnt be the first time an ebay deal has gone sour at the point of settlement.

2. With 2nd hand items such as Belles or many other items - they are worth precisely what someone is prepared to pay for them. It may seem insane to you - but you arent the buyer.

3. We dream of prices like this in Greece. A nice pair of Belles would probably go for double that over here - not that they EVER come up anyway!!!

Sounds like sour grapes to me, aren't you the guy that has the Khorns you just bought for sale on Audiogon for $3500, you must not be getting any takers at the price then? You also had trouble selling your La Scala's didn't you. Did you ever figure that maybe just by chance that you are asking TOO MUCH!

By the way Belle's are NOT the same as La Scala, the sound is similar but I would not call it identical because it is not. Belle's are also more rare as most were special orders, the Rosewood finish is definately not that common and it is certainly not suprising that they would command more money.

I guess I would have to say, get over it. If you want to sell your Khorns perhaps you should sell them for just a little more than you paid for them instead of trying to make a killing on them. Just a thought!

Hmm, Max, I wonder if there's a good (relatively economical) way to export Khorns, etc. to Greece...maybe a container-full...probably some pretty decent money in that...

Fini,

Yup - been thinking the same thing meself....but there is a problem (isnt there always!!).

Aside from shipping costs you get hit with import duty - big time. I can find out the figures but I know for a fact that the minimum for 2nd hand gear (with a value of less than $1000) is 22%.

Then, if you are doing this as a business - they slap VAT on top of that @ 18% - which you are going to have to pass on to your customers.

Add in a little profit for you and guess what - you are just about at the prices we pay over here.

Its a bummer!!

As I posted in another thread.

Well, I've seen dozens of speakers over $5 grand a pair and quite a few over $10 Grand a pair that the Belles absolutely blow away!

So, even if these sell for $3 Grand a pair, they will be a steal!

"AGAIN,THERE IS NO WAY TO COMPARE KLIPSCHORN SOUND WITH BELLES.

WAKE UP GUYS !!!!!!!!EVEN PW KLIPSCH USE FOR CENTER AND LIKE LASCALA MORE THAN BELLES"

You need to wake up! - No one ever said that Belles were Better than KHorns! -- I'd have K-Horns in a minute if a had proper corners, Which I don't, so I have Belles.

Maybe the buyer of these Belles did not have proper corners either. So this was his BEST Choice. Yes he could have built false corners, but then his living space may have looked like Hell!

And yes - You need to get over it!

Well said Cut-Throat.

I stopped my bid on those Belle's just short of 3grand. I have Khorns and other Heritage, but have always loved the look of the Belle's. They're just sexy to me, especially with the BR veneer. If I didn't have to dump $$$ on a new TV, I'd a bid the winning amount, no doubt.

I'd purchase some LaScala's but they are just to damn ugly for me....Unless of course we're talking about Andy's LaScala-like cabinets.....those I'd buy in a heartbeat. Speaking of which, are there any takers on this subject?? I need a 2 or 3 people to make it worth Andy's trouble.

tcb.....BR veneer in anything is out of production. Permenantly. Just think about how many pair of BR veneer'd Heritage line speakers you've seen come up for sale in the past few years.......I can only think of 2 pairs, including the pair that just sold. Prior to that were the belles that had a BIN price of 2500. They too were listed on ebay. Guess what, the auction lasted less than a hour.

Well it looks to me like the person that made the highest bid wants them real bad and was willing to spend that much. I would love to have a set but would not spend that much money myself right now. But there are people out there with a lot more money that spend it on more extravagant things than speakers. there is no need to get upset about it Bill

TCB,

I understand your opinion I would not have spent 3G either but I did not bid on them. On this issue your opinion, mine and anyone else not directly involved in this transaction is moot. They were immaculate but way too pricy for me but obviously not for the buyer. After all is said and done the only two people who have to be satisfied in this instance is the seller and buyer end of story. So why get upset over it?

Its called "supply and demand".

Would you give $1000.00 back to the buyer because he overpaid?

Less then a year ago I called up a guy with respect to an Audiogon add who had mint Belles for $2000.00. Pickup only however. I hesitated and they were gone. No regrets however, I have Heresy's and for now they are just superb.

Good luck in finding them. I really hope you get lucky.

One more thing.

My wife would never, ever go for industrial looking LaScalas but I might be able to sneak by with a pair of beautiful Belles. The difference in cost means nothing to her. The Belles I have seen look like fine furniture.

Speaker looks not important? Come on, at least be honest with yourself.

I don't think that was too outrageous for rosewood belles. BTW - Rosewood was NOT the rarest wood klipsch ever used. Actually, rosewood was probably the most common of the exotics but beautiful nontheless which is why it is more common then, say, ZEBRAWOOD.9.gif

Why do folks pay out the nose for academys? Same reason. I hope to score some re-veneered lascalas eventually but belles would be very nice also. If you can't fit khorns, lascalas and belles are the next best option. You pay more for belles because of looks. Period! WAF is a MAJOR factor for many of us.