O/T. Any Jeep owners?

m00n

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My dad has a 2004 Silver Rubicon, we have found nothing that can stop the Ruby. Its still stock for now, but its still locked. I just bought myself a 1990 Jeep Wrangler and plan to make it better then the Ruby. I the red looks nice, but the dark blue is what itwould have gotten. If you dont me asking how much did you pay for your Rubicon, we payed about 31. I myself like YJ's better then TJ's, I never driven a CJ before. Only bad thing about CJ's is the fact of no AC.

I actually wanted the solar yellow but they didn't have any in stock and I was not waiting for one, the best color they had was the Red. I agree that blue is a georgous looking blue.

How much did I pay.. Well, how does too much sound? It was listed at 29,200. because I owed more on my truck than it was worth, and the fact that I can't negotiate cars worth a damn, I ended up paying some 31,000 as well. 4.gif

----------------

On 6/5/2004 7:52:19 PM m00n wrote:

So I did it... I took the plunge and got a Jeep Wranger Rubicon....

Rubi1.jpg

----------------

Sweet ride there dude! I guess I could post a picture of my truck, but who wants to look at a beat-up old 1990 Mazada B2200 pickup (in none other than black)? But, hey, for the $1,250 I paid for it 4 years ago, it is still the work-horse that it is, and is probably one of the best $1,250 I spent.

Still, that is sweet looking ride you got there. I would certainly like to get something that I can use to get through the snow during the winter. You know, those days when I cannot make to work, but I somehow still manage to make it to the slopes? 11.gif

• 1 month later...

I'm in the market for a new car. Short listed is the 2004 Jeep Wrangler Sport. I test drove both the manual and auto inline 6. Very nice drive. The Wrangler has come a long way since I last drove one back in 1990. I really liked the manual to drive, nice progressive clutch takeoff and excellent power. The ride has improved over the years and so to, I think has quality control. The pick of the bunch as far as I'm concerned is the 'dual top'. In this package you get both hard and soft top for the one price. In Australian dollars this model sells for $35,000.

By the way, seeing some of the pics posted on this thread, I'd never let any of you maniacs within 100 yards of my Jeep!

Since we are on the SUV topic i gota say i wish every soccer mom who drives one of thoes ****ing H2's would die by some horrible painful death. PLEASE DONT EVER BUY A ****ING H2. All it is, is a Tahoe/Yukon with an ugly kit

Kthxbye

ps: nice jeep moon

----------------

On 8/2/2004 8:50:15 PM 007 wrote:

Since we are on the SUV topic i gota say i wish every soccer mom who drives one of thoes ****ing H2's would die by some horrible painful death. PLEASE DONT EVER BUY A ****ING H2. All it is, is a Tahoe/Yukon with an ugly kit

Kthxbye

ps: nice jeep moon

----------------

Thanks....

There seems to be a common hatred for H2's. Now I will admit, I've never heard one as caustic as your's. Mostly I just hear of groups of people who swear to fling the birdie at all H2's... But death to the drivers? Dude!

Let me give you my advice..I have owned two jeeps in the past year...Let me start with mine before I go on to my wifes. It was a 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee. In 1998 I had to put in a new transmission at 55k miles. At 65K miles it had another problem with the trasmission slipping so they had to flush it out. The battery went dead. It needed a tune up at 60K miles. At 80K miles the distributer was horrible. It got about 15 miles/ gallon. When I finally went to sell it last year I couldnt get anything out of it. Jeeps have horrible resell value. Now one to my wifes jeep. It was a 2000 Jeep grand cherokee as well and at 35k miles the airconditioner went out. $1700 to get it fixed, not thru jeep because they wanted 2500. Her car payment was around $300 a month. And she just bought it only two years old with 25k miles on the thing. So when we went to trade it because I wasnt paying 2K for another crappy jeep product we barely got the payoff on the thing. So we looked into buying another jeep and they wanted 25k for the sorry things. So for the same price we bought a Mercedes ML430 with 35K miles. 287HP and that thing is the bomb. Navagation 6 disc changer real leather seats not that cheap plastic backing like in a jeep. And guess what when we go to trade the thing in a few years it wont be worth 4K like a jeep. And the payment is the same!! I will never buy another american car ever!!!

Just wait til the AC breaks on that MB and he finds out no one wants to touch it EXCEPT the dealer and some guy named Gustav that everybody raves about and charges more than the dealer!

An antedote: I once did a tune-up for a fellow with a MB SL. I felt sooo guilty having to charge the guy $700 for the TU with new plug cables. He glanced at the bill and said" That's reasonable". I had a new customer through three more MBs a Lexus and, my favorite, an Allante.

Rick

Uh huh. What I want to know is how you guys somehow managed to navigate yourself to gay.com... Is there something you need to tell us? I mean if you weren't there, how did you come across this info?9.gif

Thats ok, I'm comfortable with it all. There very well may be a lot of gay guys with Jeeps. No biggie, just means they like to jeep too. 10.gif

----------------

On 8/2/2004 9:13:36 PM ohknats wrote:

So for the same price we bought a Mercedes ML430 with 35K miles.... I will never buy another american car ever!!!

----------------

I hate to tell you this but the ML430 is probably the worst MB product ever made. You should have got a 320 or the newer 350. Every person I know who has owned one has had it in the shop every month for something or another. Plus they have so much road noise and sqweeks. A shamefull vehicle to wear the MB star.

Also if you buy a jeep, stay away from the V8's. Drive train nightmares. Stick with the inline 6 4L and it will run into the 300K's. I know because I own them and do use them off road regualarly, unlike the preppy, yuppy soccer moms. I always laugh when I hear a review of a jeep GC where they say the ride is rough or the drive train in noisy. Hello - Your driving a real off road truck. Buy a BMW or a if you want a nice ride.

I agree that the H2 is the worst. The H1 is a waist too. Give me my jeep anyday, even if they are ugly, they are designed to be a "General Purpose" vehicle and do a good job of that.

That is where the name comes from BTW. General Purpose - GP - Jeep.

BTW - nice looking jeep moon.

JM