Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Pako

Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Recommended Posts

I posted this in another thread.  I'm a Klipsch boomerang.  I owned and RF-82II based home theater years ago and recently moved back to the new RP series.  Dang it sounds good.  Really good.  So my setup now is as follows:

 

Klipsch RP-8000F L/R

Klipsch RP-504C Center

Klipsch RP-502S Surround (side and rear)

SVS SB-2000 x 4

Anthem AVM 60 Pre/Pro

Sunfire Theater Grand TGA-7401 400x7 Amp

Apple TV 4K (I've digitized my entire disk collection and added on digital purchase since)

Sharp LC-70LE847U 70" TV

Epson Home Cinema 5030UB projector

100" Visual Apex motorized screen

GIK corner bass traps and first reflection broadband traps

Lots of Hawkeye and Disney decor (more out of frame)

 

C002D87E-49E3-46E1-9ECF-D2B825074744.jpeg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, imahawki78 said:

I posted this in another thread.  I'm a Klipsch boomerang.  I owned and RF-82II based home theater years ago and recently moved back to the new RP series.  Dang it sounds good.  Really good.  So my setup now is as follows:

 

Klipsch RP-8000F L/R

Klipsch RP-504C Center

Klipsch RP-502S Surround (side and rear)

SVS SB-2000 x 4

Anthem AVM 60 Pre/Pro

Sunfire Theater Grand TGA-7401 400x7 Amp

Apple TV 4K (I've digitized my entire disk collection and added on digital purchase since)

Sharp LC-70LE847U 70" TV

Epson Home Cinema 5030UB projector

100" Visual Apex motorized screen

GIK corner bass traps and first reflection broadband traps

Lots of Hawkeye and Disney decor (more out of frame)

 

C002D87E-49E3-46E1-9ECF-D2B825074744.jpeg

Very nice! May I make a suggestion? As cool as the subs may look set up that way (I personally have done the same) I can almost say with certainty that your wasting a lot of potential. In almost every case if you walk in a room and look at where the sub is. If its in the place that looks the best (coolest looking) its probably being wasted. Upfront like that almost never is the best place. Put one sub on the main listening spot (chair or couch). Turn the rest off and play strong bass song or movie. Crawl around the room and find the spots that have the best bass. Put 3 of your subs in those places. Obviously not in the middle of the room. But the 3 best places that they could be placed. The other one place near field (right behind or next to main listening place).  Your system might not look as cool but your bass performance will increase 500%(or more) I bet.

 

One of those subs near field will have more bass than how your set up by it self I promise. I had one of your subs near field with a separate system. Massive bass just one a few ft away. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To give you an Idea two svs pb-12plus subs up front set up just like yours. Had less bass than one small 10" def tec near field sitting right behind mlp by it self. 

 

Personally near field is imo the only way to go. Effortless bass with massive tactical. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cinema_head said:

Very nice! May I make a suggestion? As cool as the subs may look set up that way (I personally have done the same) I can almost say with certainty that your wasting a lot of potential. In almost every case if you walk in a room and look at where the sub is. If its in the place that looks the best (coolest looking) its probably being wasted. Upfront like that almost never is the best place. Put one sub on the main listening spot (chair or couch). Turn the rest off and play strong bass song or movie. Crawl around the room and find the spots that have the best bass. Put 3 of your subs in those places. Obviously not in the middle of the room. But the 3 best places that they could be placed. The other one place near field (right behind or next to main listening place).  Your system might not look as cool but your bass performance will increase 500%(or more) I bet.

 

One of those subs near field will have more bass than how your set up by it self I promise. I had one of your subs near field with a separate system. Massive bass just one a few ft away. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Cinema_head said:

Very nice! May I make a suggestion? As cool as the subs may look set up that way (I personally have done the same) I can almost say with certainty that your wasting a lot of potential. In almost every case if you walk in a room and look at where the sub is. If its in the place that looks the best (coolest looking) its probably being wasted. Upfront like that almost never is the best place. Put one sub on the main listening spot (chair or couch). Turn the rest off and play strong bass song or movie. Crawl around the room and find the spots that have the best bass. Put 3 of your subs in those places. Obviously not in the middle of the room. But the 3 best places that they could be placed. The other one place near field (right behind or next to main listening place).  Your system might not look as cool but your bass performance will increase 500%(or more) I bet.

 

One of those subs near field will have more bass than how your set up by it self I promise. I had one of your subs near field with a separate system. Massive bass just one a few ft away. 

 

 

This is great feedback and worded so nicely compared to what you might get on other sites.

 

I actually had these subs oriented differently and wanted to try this setup in the photo.  1) I actually don't like the way it looks as much as I thought I would.  Especially since the drop down screen covers about half of the upper subs.  It just doesn't look as "badass" as I thought.  2) I do think its a performance hit.

 

My previous orientation was having the lower two subs where they are located now.  I do face some real world placement limitations.  Inside or outside the main L/R are pretty much my options on the front wall.  The other two subs were located right next to the seats on the first of two rows of seating.  This accomplished a couple of things.  It put the third and fourth subs at significantly different distances from the room boundaries vs the first and second so they get different room modes and help smooth out frequency response, and it puts the third and fourth subs pretty near field, as suggested.  I cannot do a sub right behind the main listening position due to my room setup (two rows with a riser) but this setup puts one sub within about 3 feet and the other sub within about 5 feet.  I've actually already moved the subs back but need to re-calibrate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, imahawki78 said:

This is great feedback and worded so nicely compared to what you might get on other sites.

 

I actually had these subs oriented differently and wanted to try this setup in the photo.  1) I actually don't like the way it looks as much as I thought I would.  Especially since the drop down screen covers about half of the upper subs.  It just doesn't look as "badass" as I thought.  2) I do think its a performance hit.

 

My previous orientation was having the lower two subs where they are located now.  I do face some real world placement limitations.  Inside or outside the main L/R are pretty much my options on the front wall.  The other two subs were located right next to the seats on the first of two rows of seating.  This accomplished a couple of things.  It put the third and fourth subs at significantly different distances from the room boundaries vs the first and second so they get different room modes and help smooth out frequency response, and it puts the third and fourth subs pretty near field, as suggested.  I cannot do a sub right behind the main listening position due to my room setup (two rows with a riser) but this setup puts one sub within about 3 feet and the other sub within about 5 feet.  I've actually already moved the subs back but need to re-calibrate.

I see you have done some research and ultimately that and experience (trying different things and working with your room). Will be the best teacher in the end. I cant tell if your in a basement or not (concrete is probably in my experience the biggest bass killer in these types of systems). Having 4 subs can be a huge pain or a huge advantage depending on if you have flexibility in placement. Sounds like you don't. So stacking them might in the end be best. I must admit I probably should have asked a few of these questions before assuming you started things this why (my apologies).

Most rooms we see we see the subs in the coolest looking spots and its pretty obvious that its there for that reason. It can luckily end up the best spot but id normally put money its not. Rows of seats do make near field complicated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rows of seats in my home theater was something I went back and forth on a lot. It looks the coolest for sure and if your family is to big for even a very large couch its even more needed (unless the room is wide enough for a large couch and a large chair or love seat fit). But if its 4 chairs 2/2 im going couch every time. With that said my opinion now is concrete floor rows of seats would be probably a deal breaker. Mainly because how important tactical bass is for me in all audio (a close 2nd to 1st being klipsch big horn speakers sound). Being able to near field subs is imo through all my battles of rooms and systems a huge performance advantage that shouldn't be wasted unless its absolutely impossible. 

144636.jpg

near field next to couch my old home living room set up. 

117779.jpg

An early photo of when I was reference-head old set up (now cinema_head). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t We all have great  set ups  👍 

love it ! 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Cinema_head said:

I see you have done some research and ultimately that and experience (trying different things and working with your room). Will be the best teacher in the end. I cant tell if your in a basement or not (concrete is probably in my experience the biggest bass killer in these types of systems). Having 4 subs can be a huge pain or a huge advantage depending on if you have flexibility in placement. Sounds like you don't. So stacking them might in the end be best. I must admit I probably should have asked a few of these questions before assuming you started things this why (my apologies).

Most rooms we see we see the subs in the coolest looking spots and its pretty obvious that its there for that reason. It can luckily end up the best spot but id normally put money its not. Rows of seats do make near field complicated. 

It is in a basement.  Don't get me wrong, I am actually agreeing with you that stacked probably isn't the best setup.  Not to mention it explicitly defeats the purpose why I bought 4 subs instead of two larger ones.  But it was a free experiment.

 

We all have to balance maximizing performance with physical, financial, and aesthetic limitations.  What we can control is having polite discourse like this.  Thanks so much!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, imahawki78 said:

It is in a basement.  Don't get me wrong, I am actually agreeing with you that stacked probably isn't the best setup.  Not to mention it explicitly defeats the purpose why I bought 4 subs instead of two larger ones.  But it was a free experiment.

 

We all have to balance maximizing performance with physical, financial, and aesthetic limitations.  What we can control is having polite discourse like this.  Thanks so much!

Indeed! Well said..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have my Klipsch P-312W SUBWOOFER up front AA6CEF0A-E9DC-4D98-8BFA-F788B24E06A7.thumb.jpeg.b2ed21a3834905d62ae9dbbad8a008bc.jpegC55D7DCC-E1E2-4EFE-8823-052D56C88736.thumb.jpeg.c15bc96c78b4c3c3b930442daeb5f35c.jpegand my  Saturn 12 on a  angle in the back of the room I have enough bass I believe can crack my basement walls ! If anyone knows we are not looking for that kind of bass . WE want Bass we can feel in our body even at low volume at times its there but we take it for granted ,it’s  amazing  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PART 1

My name is Max, Im from Argentina and today i just finished my little  HT that took me some time and a lot of money because here all this equipment is too expensive, but little by little i got it. I hope you like it just like i do because i did it with a lot of sacrifice.

 

IMG_5935.jpg

IMG_6277.jpg

487BD6B9-5637-4D17-B35D-13681893624A.JPG

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking great 👍 can’t wait to see it done ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The current set up-Acurus A2007, Yamaha CX-A5200, Zu Audio cube center, La Scala AL5 fronts, Sonance VP80s x4 in ceiling surround (14 ft floor-ceiling windows-wall mount not feasible) Rhythmic SW. Just replaced an Onkyo TX-RZ800, which I thought sounded good, but dayum what a difference...WOW

20190808_180401.jpg

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I used to have an Onkyo, I also sold it and got the  Marantz  Sr 7012 

I had a pair of  La Scala but lost them in a flood .

Edited by charles m
Wrong model number

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, charles m said:

I used to have an Onkyo, I also sold it and got the  Marantz  Sr 7010 .

I had a pair of  La Scala but lost them in a flood .

damn that sucks.....thought about the Marantz as well, but the Yamaha had really good DACs and features

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2019 at 6:41 PM, Docreid said:

The current set up-Acurus A2007, Yamaha CX-A5200, Zu Audio cube center, La Scala AL5 fronts, Sonance VP80s x4 in ceiling surround (14 ft floor-ceiling windows-wall mount not feasible) Rhythmic SW. Just replaced an Onkyo TX-RZ800, which I thought sounded good, but dayum what a difference...WOW

20190808_180401.jpg

CONGRATS

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...