Scott 299D is Going to Sheltie

T_Shomaker

Ooops my computer got messed up and posted the topic without me being done. The title was supposed to say "My Scott 299D is Going to SheltieDave". With the new speakers I'm getting the scott won't be able to power them so I must get rid of it. I was wondering if anybody would like anything that they contributed back because I would be happy to give it back.

Thanks,

Taylor

Yes I would. Please PayPal it back to me. J/K 2.gif Good luck in your never ending pursuit of audio perfection. I have a funny feeling you'll come full circle and back to horns.

Sheltie Dave has more amps than he knows what to do with. Make sure to go over to his house to hear his new VRD's on his Khorns. You are in for a real treat. 2.gif

In the spirit that got this 299D rebuilt for Taylor, I'm thinking of turning the 299D and a Pilot 232 I have into a floating library, so newbies can rent them for a nominal fee and have a good exposure to tubes for a while. I've seen far too many silly arguments, spats, and foofoorall over power and topology that end up turning people off to tubes.

This might be a good way to get people excited about tubes by listening to basic rebuilt amps in solid condition, with no problems or electrical hazards waiting to barbeque someone. I'm thinking of "charging" $40 to $70 for a month on loan. Interested people could put their name on a waiting list, so we could run it in a sensible fashion.

I'm hoping the fee would be able to pay for maintenance, repairs, and the odd tube getting crunched during the course of normal use and shipment. If it becomes a hot checkout, then I could eventually get them both paid for and have some money to start putting some great tubes in them, and get them turned into true hot rod high performance beasts9.gif

Shoot, someone might even have an extra set of SETs floating, so we could lay the entire argument to rest - just schedule a SET visit this month and a PP visit next month2.gif

Whaddaya think?

Dave,

That is the best idea since the Cornwall vault and sliced bread.

I think that will be a really cool offering for folks who find their way to the forum and decide they want to have a taste of tubes without taking the plunge.

Colin has got a nice pair of 2A3 Paramours that would work fine for the SET contribution to the forum gear library.10.gif

Exactly what I was thinking when I read the first post. Wouldn't it be great for all the owners of the Scott to loan it out to hook newbies on the wonders of tubes. Kinda like giving free samples of herion.6.gif Isn't it ironic that on the same day a bunch of guys leave the forum because of bad blood, a showing of good blood springs forth to take their place. Yep, is this is a great forum or what?