Roll Call

Cleve

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find this forum is a type of come and go place. You come and really get into it for a while, and then it kind of gets slow or you just lose a bit of interest or get caught up in something else in your life. Then when the moment hits you right, you come back and get hooked again.

Thats how it is for me, anyways.

This kind of reminds me of what an Air Force E9 once said to me. He said "Do you remember what happened on Nov. 22, 1963?" Me: Why that was the day Kennedy was assasinated. Him: "How about what happened on Nov. 23, 1963?" Me: I don't know. Him: "Well, the sun came up. The lights turned on. Water came out of you faucet. Stores opened. People paid bills. Life went on". Me: Huh? Him: "If the most powerful man in the world suddenly leaves and life goes on as normal, what makes you think your leaving here is going to impact this place?"

Maybe I need help remembering the story but I hope you all get the meaning. I'm staying too.

I stayed away from here for one evening and look what I missed!!

I'm here. How can I leave now, I just got a NOSValves Scott 299D this week (that's another story for another post). Does that make me a cockroach? Yikes!6.gif

----------------

On 6/18/2004 12:05:56 AM Rdmarsiii wrote:

Hmm, Allan Songer, Dale W, Fini, Cut-Throat, and I think some one else.

----------------

ummm... I don't think Dale W is leaving... you may notice he just posted in this thread 3.gif

As for the others... there has been quite a ruckus going on in the 2-channel forum, and some of the stuff got personal. There are so many opinions and theories in audio, that it's easy to disagree with someone else.

I guess it comes down to the fact that you have to leave room for other's opinions and not take it all so seriously. Audio is a hobby afterall, and should be enjoyed.

Hopefully when some of the dust settles these members will migrate back to these forums.

Rob

PS: I'm still here 4.gif

----------------

On 6/18/2004 9:26:18 AM formica wrote:

Audio is a hobby afterall, and should be enjoyed.

Rob

----------------

it is more than a hobby!! and it should be miserable...

...especially when you realize that white van sold speakers are sooo much better than klipsch in every aspect...that and unless your a republican, who values their freedom of speech, and 100% for the iraq campaign but yet think saudi's and the nation of islam should....

sorry, just though i would give the moderators a laugh. 3.gif9.gif

(no trollism)

i think a thread entitled "who do you know that is leaving" may have been more informative...this thread has already gotten up to 2 pages!

i wonder why it is human nature to ask a question that will be answered by a large number of people when you really want to know the minority response...like a canoe instructor (standing lakeside) asking a large group of students "who here knows how to swim?"2.gif

i'll be around now and then...(don't need as much knowledge since my white van purchase)9.gif

Is the membership trend downward, isn't everybody downloading MP3s to their iPOds?

Here is what the Forum Home page says:

Statistics & Active Users

Last Visited: 6/17/2004 10:12:48 AM

Total Online Users: 107

Registered Users: 16,759

Total Posts: 391,182

Welcome our newest member: corky

There are currently 56 member(s) and 51 anonymous user(s) browsing the system.

AK-4, Al Klappenberger, Amy Unger, autiger, bclarke421, CaptnBob, champagne taste beer budget, cjgeraci, Cleve, colin, Cut-Throat, D-MAN, Dale W, Damen Bonner, Dflip, dgb, dp1954, flason, guy landau, HeavyDistortion, HeritageBob, hwatkins, IndyKlipschFan, j.4knee, jerohm, Khorn, khorn58, larryclare, Maron Horonzak, Marvel, mdeneen, minn_male42, modoc48, ncsubum, NOSValves, piranha, pistol pete, redtop, shload, Shock-Late, sivadselim, Swerv, tankhokie, TBrennan, tjh011, tlynch6988, William F. Gil McDermott

2.gif