Subwoofer demo question...

----------------

On 6/23/2004 8:43:15 AM Cleve wrote:

The new THX sub has TWO 12" drivers? But it's not internally powered?
8.gif

----------------

Trey showed us a cut away of the cabinet. Each speaker cabinet is fairly small with complex porting leaving no room for an internal amp.

Plus it would kind of suck having to reach around back to make adjustments to the EQ, or worse yet having to pull it away from the wall to make adjustments.

I can see why they made it external, the bummer is the cable and connections are proprietary for this sub.

I just wish they would sell the speaker without the amp/eq for us people who already have passive subs with excelent bass management in our Lexicons.

Maybe they will in the future?

JM

• 2 weeks later...
  • Klipsch Employees

The THXultra 2 system is sold each = each front, back and sub are sold as each (the side surrounds come 2 in a box)...so you can buy a passive sub by its self if you want...l can give you a little info on the eq and tuning.

The THXU2 system is suggested to use 2 sub cabinets with the amp. They are very high dollor...$1200 or so for each sub cabinet and $2200 for the amp...now remember I an in Engineering not sales...I may have the price wrong.

There is and will only be one finish "Galaxy black" and each sub cabinet ships at 90 or so lbs...the amp is 40 lbs.

----------------

On 7/5/2004 8:08:03 PM Trey Cannon wrote:

so you can buy a passive sub by its self if you want...l can give you a little info on the eq and tuning.

----------------

I must have heard that wrong in Indy!!!

MOST EXCELENT NEWS....

The specs look great off the PDF. 130db 30 Hz, 122db 20 Hz, 112db 15Hz.

Looks like you designed a heck of a sub Trey. Nice Job1.gif

I may just have put two of these into next years HT budget10.gif

JM

• 2 weeks later...

PSSST

Send a few Klipsch THX subs to Canada(Radio St-Hubert).TheEAR wants two 9.gif

Oh hell yeah,Klipsch subs bring theb fun back in subwoofing.

Your next line should include a beefier RSW18 like sub,so I can complete my Klipsch sub collection 2.gif

----------------

On 7/7/2004 5:29:22 PM Trey Cannon wrote:

I was only the tech that worked on the project. I did not engineer a thing.

I have the sub system in my HT at home...made the couch move up stairs last weekend...

----------------

Uh, the sub moved the couch upstairs? Geez, those things are powerful!!!! 9.gif9.gif9.gif

I just jumped on the Klipsch band wagon and am eagerly awaiting the new THX Ultra 2 System (with 2 subs) I ordered the end of May. Klipsch can not make this system fast enough my dealer told me. This is my first Klipsch system, I wanted some thing for movies only. I will work on my two channel system next. This seems like a great friendly forum, I have been sitting on the fence lurking for about 3 months.

Take Care,

Rich

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Deon Bearden

----------------

On 7/19/2004 2:26:09 PM dkp wrote:

----------------

On 7/7/2004 5:29:22 PM Trey Cannon wrote:

I was only the tech that worked on the project. I did not engineer a thing.

I have the sub system in my HT at home...made the couch move up stairs last weekend...

----------------

Uh, the sub moved the couch upstairs? Geez, those things
are
powerful!!!!

----------------

Popped two drywall corner seems, and the nail heads underneath them from the wall in my kitchen last weekend. At the same time, dropped three bowls out of the cupboard they died), AND dropped two pictures (broke-em) off the wall, and last but not least rattled a plant off it's shelf. 14.gif Plant survived. 9.gif That with a pair of these, and one of my own err.. prototype subs, demoing BASS this weekend at a party I was holding.

Bass is fun