Darn you all!!!

charlieboy

AAAAHHHHh! After buying my dream Cornwall's a few weeks back I'm hooked. Ive just purchased a nice set of 84' heresy's close to where I live. I think I'll use 1 as a center and the other..... not sure mabye rear surround. Now I need one more pair for full 6.1! AHHHHAAHHH the madness.3.gif

It WILL get worse- look at IndyKlipschFan- the poor guys now has a full 6-channel ALL CORNWALL home theatre! The madness continues.

How do you like your Heresies? I've owned my Corns for years and would love to get my HT back to all Heritage, since it's now mixed with Reference and that seems to be a no-no round these parts!

Well I just won the Heresy's yesterday on auction so Im gonna go pick them up this week but I had some reference center and surrounds and it was not that good of a match the more i listened espically in the crucial center spot. With matching tweeters and mid Im looking forward to the Heresy in the center. Im sure it will be a smooth timbre match for sure.16.gif

Congratulations on your new Heresy's; Condolences on your new "Klipsch disease" 9.gif

Here is my prediction:

Before too long, you will be looking for a vertical Cornwall for your center (turned on it's side of course, mounted above your HDTV). You'll move both Heresy's to the rear. I've been in your exact situation, and it is inevitable.

Actually, two Heresys sitting side by side as a center channel can be quite effective if wired in parallel. Years ago when my brother (chops) had our dad's Cornwalls for his HT, he used my old pair of '83 JBL L112 Century II 3-way monitors, situated on the floor below his TV, wired in parallel. I believe the harman/kardon AV receiver he had was 50 watts all around, and with the center wired in parallel doubled to 100 watts, and actually blended well with the horns. If you need a specific wiring setup to do this with your HT, PM chops so he can explain the details to you.2.gif