Rick James is dead

Mighty Favog

Yep, saw it on Yahoo's Home Page. I have at least 3 or 4 of his CD's and enjoy them all, with "The Flag" being one of my favorites. Can't recall if he has released anything recently though. Shame, he was still a young 56 too.

Thanks for everything Rick. Funk will never die, not a slong as you and so many others are still on plastic. An urban groove you could dance to, beats the crap out of rap.

My Girl Wants to Party all the time, Party all the time, Party all the time!!!!

Ok, so it was Eddie Murphy with a song by Rick James. If you ever see this video look for how much it it Eddie in the beginning and in the end it is all RICK!!...

"Give it to me baby" and "Super Freak..." Man if they could just bottle up that kinda energy today as it was in the mid 80's, as a DJ in a past life, I can tell you... Nothing better than Rick James!!

Super Freak!

James served more than two years in Folsom Prison.

James was convicted in 1993 of assaulting two women. The first case occurred in 1991, when prosecutors said James and his girlfriend tied a woman to a chair, burned her with a hot crack pipe and forced her to perform sex acts during a cocaine binge at his West Hollywood home. He was free on bail when the second assault occurred in 1992 in James' hotel room.

Any wonder why the guy had his first stroke while still in his 40's?