My Wife What A Woman! Vintage Audio Stuff

Grateful11

I got a call at work from my wife this morning saying that she had stopped an Estate Sale and they had older Audio Equipment. She proceeded to tell that it was Fisher and they had tubes in the back and no covers. I said say no more. She said she had to take everything in the group she was looking at. Here's what she got. A Fisher KX-200 Amp with Operating Instructions and warranty card, StrataKit Assembly Manual, and a huge blueprint like group of drawings of the amp. A Fisher FM-100-C Tuner with Service Manual. A pair of Fisher XP-7 Speakers with Instructions, Warranty Card and original receipt, original cost in '67 was $99.50. A Garrard Laboratory Series Typa A 70 Turntable with 33 1/3 and 45 rpm stack spindles. An Empire 880 Cartridge loose in a box. She was all worried that she may have bought a pile of junk. When I saw it I reassured her that she did fine! Well how do you all think she did? She gave 40 bucks for all of it.

Grateful

Killer deal. The Gerrard is probably junk along with the empire, but the amp & tuner are well more than worth the cost by themselves. Never heard the speakers. Send the amp and tuner to Craig and you'll have a killer system. My fisher X-100-C amp sounds great. Let me know if you want to sell the tuner. I'd guess it's the match to my amp.

Very nice of your wife to do that. She should have a chat with my wife.12.gif

Grateful

Thanks to the lady that you guys got a killer deal.

I have the Fisher KX-200 that my wife put together from a kit back in the 60's. It's kicking my Cornwall 11(S). Sounds like we are in the first row when we listen to Dave Brubeck Quarter At Carnegie Hall or Miles Davis' Kind of Blue or something from Milestones, etc.

I have been lucky for 45 years because of the wife's interest and knowledge

of audio equipment and jazz.

Huhuru10.gif

I'm proud of her, she is slowly learning about audio equipment. The speakers have my curiousity up just a little.

Here's the specs:

FR 30 to 20,000,

10 to 60 watts,

12" woofer,

Flux Density 11,000 gauss,

Resonance(Open Air) 18 to 20 cps,

Magnet 5.5 lbs.,

Voice Coil 1.5";

Two 5 inch midranges,

Flux Density 12,000 gauss,

1 lbs. magnet;

Tweeter 1.5",

Flux Density 15,000 gauss,

Voice Coil 1.5"

Magnet 2 lbs.,

High-Freq. Dispersion 120 degrees in all planes,

Crossover Freq. 300 and 2,500 cps,

8 ohms,

45 lbs.

14" x 24.5" x 12" deep.

They're designed the laid down on their side. No sensitivity rating.

Grateful

----------------

On 8/13/2004 7:43:43 PM garymd wrote:

Killer deal. The Gerrard is probably junk along with the empire, but the amp & tuner are well more than worth the cost by themselves. Never heard the speakers. Send the amp and tuner to Craig and you'll have a killer system. My fisher X-100-C amp sounds great. Let me know if you want to sell the tuner. I'd guess it's the match to my amp.

Very nice of your wife to do that. She should have a chat with my wife.
12.gif

----------------

Agreed, she done good!

9.gif

----------------

On 8/13/2004 7:43:43 PM garymd wrote:

Killer deal. The Gerrard is probably junk....

----------------

Really? I've heard a couple of Gerrards in my travels doing installation work, and they're pretty astounding little tables. Built like tanks, too - the last one I worked with weighed 40 pounds easily. I can think of a great many modern tables that wouldn't stand up in either construction or sound quality to the Gerrards I've listened to.

Of course, what do I know? I've got a Dual CS-305 in my stack - not because I want it, but because it was the best thing I could afford at the time...