Klipsch Heritage Line is a Joke!

delano

Delano,

Thanks for the great post. This type of person is hilarious. Good response, too.

My natural responses are more neanderthal and crude. Like Arnold Schwarzenegger, I'd want to say that salesman is a girlieman!.

However, since I am a Klipch Heritage owner, I'd present myself as a gentleman and say something more polite.

9.gif

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to say it is my understanding that you carry all of the Heritage line, to qualify. For a high end specialty shop... still a lot of $$. Add in, any quotas or having to have Aragon or other Klipsch, parts buy literature etc., as well... it adds up to money bottom line too.

----------------

On 8/18/2004 11:03:27 AM Joshua Ryan Hall wrote:

FYI: We don't have any kind of quota policy and we never have as far as I know. Every Klipsch dealer has access to Reference and Heritage equally. There are no exclusions either way.

--Joshua Ryan Hall

----------------

Not according to your East regional rep. He told me I had to carry Reference in order to get access to Heritage.

I know I am not the only one on the Klipsch/bb able to do or say this too... But add one, maybe two more speakers, and we could have a demo room in most of our houses too. If we get special mail order pricing and a small commision... NOW THAT I would love to be a part of.

So tell me my son, what is the name of this person? I'll send a couple of me boys, Buster and Knuckles, to pay him a visit. They'll bring a bottle of Cianti, maybe some pasta vazula, and have a friendly little chat.

This policy might explain why I can't find a retailer with a pair of LaScalas, or Klipschorns, to audition within a two hour drive of my house in densely populated Upstate NY!

I live in Southeast Wi and apparently no Klipsch dealer in the milwaukee to Chicago area has any of the heritage line to demo. I would have to drive about 4 hours aech way to either Minn or Indians to hear Klipschorns.

Hi all,

Thanks for all your replies today, I thought you would like that story.

Now for some AMAZING news. Today I went to a more respectful audio emporium and heard tubes for my very first time. WOW! is all I can say. you guys were not kidding when you said warm and beautiful. I am hooked I am so glad I auditioned them. I think I may go with the Antique Sound Labs AQ1001DT. Its a 50 wpc Integrated and it sounded great and not even on Klipsch speakers. I think it would be a great match for my Heresy II's. An A/B comparison with a good quality SS amp was like night and day.

I am hooked.

Delano

----------------

On 8/18/2004 9:45:45 PM Schurkey wrote:

FYI: We don't have any kind of quota policy and we never have as far as I know. Every Klipsch dealer has access to Reference and Heritage equally. There are no exclusions either way.

--Joshua Ryan Hall

So I could order K-Horns at Best Buy?

----------------

That`s the way it was put, but I bet not.1.gif

I think I recall that somewhere on the Klipsch website it says that any Reference dealer can sell Heritage. But my impression is that very few dealers stock Heritages since there is relatively little demand for them - most of the contemporary public has never heard of Klipschorns, etc.

So, Heritage requires a special order through the dealer. It took me six months to get my 2003 Klipschorns last year. I ordered a new matching medium oak Belle Klipsch for a HT center channel back on May 12 of this year. It has yet to arrive. The dealer keeps trying to follow up with Klipsch by phone, with difficulty, and the latest we've heard is that it would ship on or about August 18, but Klipsch would not guarantee that.

Pazienza! In the meantime, regarding that saleperson's comment, I snicker and snort as the Khorns play the local classical music station in the next room.

Tom in Ocean Pines, MD

If you're looking for a great place to demo the Klipsch heritage line if you're in PA check out The Stereo Shoppe in Selinsgrove Pa.

Phone#570-374-0150. The have a set up with Klipschorns, two Hersey's biwired as centers, I don't remember what surround he had but it

was f*@$in' unreal!! He has all the Klipsch reference and Heritage speakers on hand and ready for demo. Unfortunately they don't have a web site. But it's worth the trip.

Great folks to deal with !!

Oh yeah I forgot to mention the sales person at "The Stereo Shoppe" said that many times a guy will come in with his wife to audition speakers..spend 90% of his time listening to Heritage then walk out with something else.

The wife approval factor is almost zero with the Heritage line. He carries them because he loves them but said he doesn't sell a whole lot of them. Too bad...what's the world coming to.

from what I heard, the Heritage line does not have that large of a mark up, so less profit

the Reference line is different, more profit

the WAF is very important, generally they do not like large speakers

when I bought my Forte II's, the wife loved them, sound and looks