Too Far off topic for words.

cluless

Lately I've become a bit introspective and have been searching for deeper meaning in my life....and I seem to a recurring problem that doesn't seem to fit into any of my life plans, and I seem to have no remedy...

Sorry to burden you guys with another one of those metaphysical "why" questions...but since this one seems to involve some level of engineering, I feel my question might be slightly justified here....

WHY IS IT THAT EVERY TIME I DUMP COFFEE GROUNDS IN THE TRASH THEY ALWAYS FALL BETWEEN THE GARBAGE CAN AND THE LINER?

have fun

clu2.gif

Clueless,

Thanks for posting this question on the forum. Used to be, some things we just had to accept... like the existence of a black hole in my house and another one in my office. Stuff goes in there and the force of gravity is so strong that not even light can escape.

However, in recent decades, as the best minds of science have found that the ancient mystics actually knew some cool stuff, and some of those minds belong to members of this forum, (but not me) I am sure there will be some enlightening responses on this thread.

Whatever it is, the coffee grounds between the liner and the can, this is a huge problem for me, too. 7.gif

The one thing I can offer this evening is this: Do you know how you can tell Episcopalians are in the theatre with you when you are watching Star Wars???

Whenever the actors say, "The Force be with you." ...they answer, "And also with you."9.gif

----------------

On 8/18/2004 7:25:45 PM cluless wrote:

WHY IS IT THAT EVERY TIME I DUMP COFFEE GROUNDS IN THE TRASH THEY ALWAYS FALL BETWEEN THE GARBAGE CAN AND THE LINER?

idealbb/images/smilies/2.gif']

----------------

Putting them down the garbage disposal significantly reduces the amount of coffee grounds between the trash can and its liner. Unless your aim is REALLY bad, you can get the leakage to nearly zero.

Heh, You obviously do not have your coffee pot plugged into a GROUND FAULT INTERUPTOR circuit! If you get an electrician to wire you up, that should take care of this problem!3.gif

( or you can try drinking the coffee before disposing of the grounds, being awake really helps with your aim!)12.gif

----------------

On 8/18/2004 7:25:45 PM cluless wrote:

clu
2.gif

----------------

Hmmmm. It's all in the finetuning of the seal. If you just slap a Klipschorn into corner, without a proper seal, you will get less than perfect sound - still good, but not perfect.

Similarly, if you just slap a liner into the garbage can without ensuring a tight seal, so too, will you get reduced performance. This may result in the coffee bean problem you now have.

I had a thought, Clueless. If are you having the coffee ground problems, this must also effect the disposal of your fur balls. Are they also slipping between the garbage can and the liner? Or have you a different method of disposal?6.gif

----------------

On 8/18/2004 10:17:24 PM bkrop wrote:

Heh, You obviously do not have your coffee pot plugged into a GROUND FAULT INTERUPTOR circuit! If you get an electrician to wire you up, that should take care of this problem!
3.gif

( or you can try drinking the coffee before disposing of the grounds, being awake really helps with your aim!)
12.gif

----------------

I don't think we can properly contemplate this question without first knowing whether your coffee pot is SET, PP, SS or one of the new pure digital models......

Sorry you have to listen to all this sophomoric banter Clu - it is all beneath me. I'll try to answer the question in layman terms.

It has long been theorized by String theory that a few additional dimensions exist out there (or 'in there' maybe the more appropriate observation). Ten dimensions seems to be the necessary minimum for things to work. Recently it was discovered that the addition of an eleventh dimension makes all the theorum's calculations 100% accurate for all environments. This little tid bit may well go down as one of the greatest anti-physics discovery of all time.

The point is that this discovery of the possibility of the eleventh dimension came about as two unemployed physicists (the had worked on Stem Cell research) were attempting to reuse coffee grinds since they had no money for new coffee. They noticed a strange tendency for the used coffee grinds to get through the filter to the carafe. After months of empirical testing and consistently repeated results, it became clear that the portion of the coffe bean called the 'Traeh" would take on properties more aligned with the eleventh dimension. These used Traeh become invisible to most fiber based products and elasticized polymers and passed through these supposed barriers with out so much as a scratch.

So what you see is only a small portion of all the grinds and there is absolutely nothing you can do to stop it from going right through the noted products (actually they can also enter on one side and exist the other of a black hole - but that far flung issue has little bearing on our daily lives).

Starbucks is aware of the issue and looking to introduce a 'Traehless' bean in the near future.

----------------

On 8/18/2004 11:50:13 PM Frank Speaker wrote:

edwinr

As you can see, here in the Northern Hemisphere the grounds fall between the garbage can and the liner,

however, is it true that in the Southern Hemisphere they fall between the liner and the garbage can?

----------------

Okay, some of you guys have a sense of humour. But to be pefectly honest, I don't know. My wife makes the coffee and does all that other stuff. You know, cleaning cups, disposal of the coffee grounds etc. The reason this happens is because I make the worst cup of coffee you could imagine. My wife refuses to drink my coffee. The result? She makes it. And she cleans up. Because there is a rule in our house (actually made up and enforced by my wife!), that he (and she) who makes a mess, cleans up afterward. Who am I to argue?

Also, a recent coffee making innovation in our home, is a refinement of our coffee making method. In the past, we (as in my wife), allowed our coffee to sit for in the urn for a while after pouring the hot water over the ground coffee beans. This was so it would 'infuse' - if that's the right word. However a friend, who owns a donut shop, told us to pour the boiling water over the ground beans, then pour out the coffee straight into cups. Apparently, by making coffee this way, you get all the smooth flavour without bitterness. It seems to work! 3.gif