what is this!?

seti

I found this on the web but what the heck is it a tricked out beautiful klipschorn? This made me wonder if there were any other Paul Klipsch designs that didn't make it to production but should have. I know this could be considered sacrilege but I wonder if any new klipschorn speakers could be possible in the future? The New Dope From Hope!

Seti

post-15544-13819257692136_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 8/27/2004 4:53:06 PM D-MAN wrote:

That thar is the Jubilee (all dressed up for a night out).

DM
2.gif

----------------

Well that thar needs to be in my house!~

So what is this Jubilee of which you speak? Eye candy to torment us or is this actually on the market. I suppose I missed this one some how. That wooden horn up top is dead sexy.

They're not actually released yet. I believe there are only one or two pairs in existence. Estimated MSRP $15000-$17000/pair. The bass bottom is the same as used in Klipsch pro audio MCM Grand theater systems. Does not need wall corners like the Khorn

The bottom bass section is not the same as the MCM Grand... the MCM uses dual 15" woofers in a W-fold horn-loaded enclosure. It uses the same bottom as the KPT-Jubilee, which is dual 12". The actual home version may not be dual 12", though... does anyone know for sure?

The cinema Jubilee can be seen here.

The MCM can be found here.

Yes, I've heard them. The front end escapes me, perhaps B&K. They sound quite nice. They have more mid-bass than a pair of Type AK-3 K-horns in the same room and likely go deeper. The last I heard was there was a bass driver mod to get more low bass being tested.

THe KPT Jubilee's were designed for thin areas where cinema sound was still needed... as in behind screens where a wall was. That is why they are physically smaller than MCM Grand and have only dual 12" instead of 15". The 12's required less box space. The entire speaker is only... what... under 2 feet deep? I forget...